Expired

Child party filler bags etc - need some budget ideas please !!

Found 11th Sep 2008
My oldest one will be 5 soon and it seems to be the trend to give a party bag to the class.

Both boys and girls ( 4 - 5 year) in the class adding up to a wopping 36 !

I need some budget ideas how to make the bag not to expensive but also not look empty !!

I have never done this before as I hate to follow all these trends but my daughter has been on her best behaviour for weeks now in order to get these so i said yes.

Saying that I have no idea where to look or even what childeren like to recieve ??

All help ideas or sources are welcome !!

14 Comments

Do you have any party shops near you? Ones near me sell small cheap toys for party bags...

bubbles, balloons, 10p bars of choc or healthy little bunches grapes in fancy little bags. little party toys are always good. try woolworths, poundstrecher or wilkinsons.

Try the Poundshop, get pencils, rubbers balloons,and other bits and bobs, and find some mini bags of haribo sweets, don't forget you always give them a slice of cake wrapped in a serviette this fills the bag up:thumbsup:

NattyD;2948214

Try the Poundshop, get pencils, rubbers balloons,and other bits and … Try the Poundshop, get pencils, rubbers balloons,and other bits and bobs, and find some mini bags of haribo sweets, don't forget you always give them a slice of cake wrapped in a serviette this fills the bag up:thumbsup:

That is cheating!

Stick one of these in the bags and everyone will be happy:

http://www.timewarptoys.com/pjumper.jpg

Banned

Balloons are always great fun, helium filled and use bags of sweets as weights

lisa x

tesco and asda have had mini haribo bags for 4p and fudge for 9p . Try home bargains lots of random good stuff there cheap

Hi - I have to say I hate party bags - you pay a fortune for a birthday party and then have to give each guest a present - my hubby keeps saying we should start a new trend and not given any!!

However some of my better ones were:

My son's 6th birthday we put a gazebo up in a nearby park and had a football party. The footballs were £2.50 each at a sports shop and we bargained and them for £2.10 each - during the party each child had its only ball to use and then at the end of the party we told the kids to keep the football they were playing with. Have to say parents and children were really pleased.

Another party I did was for a mixed party when he was 4. I went to the local market and bought some mugs (some had donald duck and some had minnie mouse) which were 50p each and I gave these out to the kids with a piece of birthday cake inside. It was so much cheaper and they children's teeth didn't rot and they had a useful pressie!!

God - I sound such a tight ****! I just prefer to give something a bit useful - but also something that won't cost an arm and a leg!

My daughters birthday is next week and I have just bought some snazzy pencils with shaped rubbers in tesco and it was 12 for a £1.

tesco have large bags of haribos at 50p and aero /white chocolate buttons/smarties all mini's starting from 1 pound bought lots today for when i do xmas stockings

I usually try to keep to a budget of £1 per bag and at the last party went to Poundland and bought heaps for £1 each. I think in each package was a hardback notepad, pen, highlighter, stickers and a cardboard craft item. I hate it when you get a bag full ot "tat" that just ends up going in the bin so it's worth buying proper things that they might actually use.

Alternatively, I've also seeked out bargains and rather than doing a party bag as such, just buy them something for £1 and wrap it up or at one party, they put them all in a lucky dip type bin, one for girls and one for boys, and they got to pick their present to take home - they all loved doing that one. If you've got a B&M stores near you visit them as they have good things for £1.

At a party my daughter went to recently each child was given a set of tescos decorate your own gingerbread men. They totally loved them and i was thinking about pinching the idea for my daughters 7th birthday party

]http//ww…ags

Asda also have a offer on both instore and online: Party favors 4 for £5, great variety.

Someone early bouht a load of books from M&S for 80p each for party bags?

Hi, my daughter just had her 1st birthday and because she had alot of older cousins coming i thought i better do some party bags(which i dont agree with but her big brothers wanted to!). I found some good bargains in 'birthdays' which were (from memory!)
Pack of 8 small girly note books - 50p
Pack of 8 girly pencils - 50p
Pack of 8 unisex pencils - 50p
Pack of 8 unisex small yo-yo's ?50p-£1
Pack of 8 girly & unisex blowouts - 50p
I think they had other things too. Something else i've done before is give each child a book from 'works'.
Hope this helps.

d-j mitch;2948892

Another party I did was for a mixed party when he was 4. I went to the … Another party I did was for a mixed party when he was 4. I went to the local market and bought some mugs (some had donald duck and some had minnie mouse) which were 50p each and I gave these out to the kids with a piece of birthday cake inside. It was so much cheaper and they children's teeth didn't rot and they had a useful pressie!!

LOVE that idea!! :thumbsup:

d-j mitch;2948892

My daughters birthday is next week and I have just bought some snazzy … My daughters birthday is next week and I have just bought some snazzy pencils with shaped rubbers in tesco and it was 12 for a £1.

Ha, I thought of those but I got mine quite a few weeks ago and wasn't sure if they still had any, bargain, my friend who's a teacher almost wet herself with excitement and grabbed about 10 packs. lol
Post a comment
@
    Text