Child Passport Emergency Renewal

Posted 25th Dec 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to renew a child Passport at the London offices on the same day? I know you can with an adult but can't find the information online for a child Passport.
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Same rules for all passports
Scotland131425/12/2019 08:19

Same rules for all passports

Some websites are saying you can't renew child passports with the Emergency service. The rule was changed recently.

Also does anyone know if the office is likely to be open tomorrow?
quaium25/12/2019 08:21

Some websites are saying you can't renew child passports with the …Some websites are saying you can't renew child passports with the Emergency service. The rule was changed recently.Also does anyone know if the office is likely to be open tomorrow?

What Boxing Day! It is a Bank Holiday.
39491153-it7sU.jpg
Scotland131425/12/2019 08:32

[Image]

That's suggesting the 1 week service for child passports or am I missing something?
quaium25/12/2019 08:21

Some websites are saying you can't renew child passports with the …Some websites are saying you can't renew child passports with the Emergency service. The rule was changed recently.Also does anyone know if the office is likely to be open tomorrow?

Wont be open tomorrow as it is a bank holiday.

Rules may be different for children as extra checks may need to be made.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 25th Dec 2019
You have to go online and book an appointment for your local office and they will do the 1 week service for a child’s renewal. You go to the appointment with the required documents and they post out your passport a week later
Someone needs glasses for christmas.
Have a nice child free holiday
m4rmite25/12/2019 12:08

Someone needs glasses for christmas.Have a nice child free holiday

What do you mean by that?
quaium25/12/2019 12:10

What do you mean by that?

It means if you've left it till Christmas day to ask this question, i am presuming you're going on holiday shortly, then i suggest glasses so you can read the expiry date on your passports.
m4rmite25/12/2019 12:12

It means if you've left it till Christmas day to ask this question, i am …It means if you've left it till Christmas day to ask this question, i am presuming you're going on holiday shortly, then i suggest glasses so you can read the expiry date on your passports.

Firstly the passport hasn't expired...

We're needing to renew the passport because the destination we're travel to requires at least 6 months until expiry from the date of travel.

Secondly, I would stop presuming things.

Thirdly, my eyesight was tested a few months ago and I was told I didn't need glasses. However, I will definitely make another appointment with my optometrist based on your expert recommendation.

Lastly, thank you everyone else. Looks like you can't get a child passport on the same day service. You have to do it via the 1 week service.
quaium25/12/2019 12:32

Firstly the passport hasn't expired...We're needing to renew the passport …Firstly the passport hasn't expired...We're needing to renew the passport because the destination we're travel to requires at least 6 months until expiry from the date of travel.Secondly, I would stop presuming things.Thirdly, my eyesight was tested a few months ago and I was told I didn't need glasses. However, I will definitely make another appointment with my optometrist based on your expert recommendation.Lastly, thank you everyone else. Looks like you can't get a child passport on the same day service. You have to do it via the 1 week service.

Firstly i didn't say the passport had expired.
Secondly, i'll stop presuming when you start paying attention to passport requirements.
Thirdly, eyes can see but that doesn't man your brain takes any notice.

Lastly, enjoy your holiday - merry christmas, and good luck in the passport office.
"...then i suggest glasses so you can read the expiry date on your passports."

Alright mate!
quaium25/12/2019 12:43

"...then i suggest glasses so you can read the expiry date on your …"...then i suggest glasses so you can read the expiry date on your passports."Alright mate!

So you CAN read when they expire and what you need left on your passport for wherever you are travelling.
Attention to detail is what got you asking this question on christmas day.
Most countries have always recommended a set amount of time left on your passport for a number of years now.

Just remember, your flight time and recommended check in time are different
Edited by: "m4rmite" 25th Dec 2019
What’s with all the sarcasm and mean comments on this post? Someone was asking a genuine question, if you can’t answer then don’t waste your time with stupid comments
BargainLovingMum25/12/2019 13:01

What’s with all the sarcasm and mean comments on this post? Someone was a …What’s with all the sarcasm and mean comments on this post? Someone was asking a genuine question, if you can’t answer then don’t waste your time with stupid comments

Such hostility from yourself as well.
Stupid comments? Check your travel requirements being one of them?
If you can't answer politely then don't name call either.
m4rmite25/12/2019 12:52

So you CAN read when they expire and what you need left on your passport …So you CAN read when they expire and what you need left on your passport for wherever you are travelling.Attention to detail is what got you asking this question on christmas day.Most countries have always recommended a set amount of time left on your passport for a number of years now.Just remember, your flight time and recommended check in time are different

More valuable advice. Great stuff.
JimboParrot25/12/2019 08:22

What Boxing Day! It is a Bank Holiday.

Passport office is not a bank

This thread is pure entertainment. Everyone is passive aggressive... Be nice, guys lol
I don’t know where you’re going and I know this thread is a little dated but have a read ... tripadvisor.co.uk/Sho…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants