EXPIRED

Child proof plugs do they exist??

Hi guys,

My toddler has started unplugging stuff and its a nightmare.

I have searched online for a way to stop him pulling the plug out but only ever get results for those plastic things you put in when plug is not in use.

Any ideas or places I can get a protector for while the plug is being used?

Thanks

9 Comments

Boots sell a box thing that fits over the whole socket and locks in place, they stop them accessing either the switch or the plug itself.

Original Poster

kidcat;4609227

Boots sell a box thing that fits over the whole socket and locks in … Boots sell a box thing that fits over the whole socket and locks in place, they stop them accessing either the switch or the plug itself.

Ty you could be a lifesafer :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Tillboy;4609260

http://www.babysecurity.co.uk/p/335395/insight-security-electrical-socket-safe-double.html

Ty you could be a lifesafer :thumbsup:

May be of interest?
bargaincrazy.com/epa…01D

( 3% Quidco + 10% off using code: WNEWA001BCP )

Original Poster

snowtiger;4609311

May be of … May be of interest?http://www.bargaincrazy.com/epages/BargainCrazy.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BargainCrazy/Products/J06043PT/SubProducts/J06043PT01D( 3% Quidco + 10% off using code: WNEWA001BCP )

Thanxs but im gonna pop down boots as they have some in stock and waiting is to risky with little fingers about.

Hi
Make sure all your plugs in reach have the new type plug top i.e. the pins have plastic half way up them.

This is protection against pulling the plug half way out and little fingers getting behind and touching them.

Just read the socket pro looks good but best turn the ring main off before starting to be safe

Original Poster

Siddy;4610886

Hi Make sure all your plugs in reach have the new type plug top i.e. the … Hi Make sure all your plugs in reach have the new type plug top i.e. the pins have plastic half way up them.This is protection against pulling the plug half way out and little fingers getting behind and touching them.Just read the socket pro looks good but best turn the ring main off before starting to be safe

cheers, got a mate (registered electrian) to fit a new box that automatically cuts out if the plug is pulled for £150.00 and with the covers he has no chance lol.

Hey

B&Q do them too....They are great and come with a lock and key too so at least you can get in at ease if you need to plus they dont look unsightly. Tried to find them on the net but to no avail, but I only bought mine in December so should easily be available in your local store

Hope this helps
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Bed pillow recommendations79
    2. Referbed MACBOOK- thoughts?!11
    3. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1018
    4. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?912

See more discussions