Child Trust Fund.

Found 9th Aug 2008
We've just had the £250 voucher sent to us by mr Taxman for sprog No2 to open a Child Trust Fund thingy. (Sprog No1 didnt get one as she was born before 2002)

I know all about the different types of funds you can stick these in - stakeholder, savings etc but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend or suggest any particular companies to go with that might have better rates/special offers etc...

Or should I just whack it in to our bank & open a fund with them? -' keepin most of our eggs in the same basket?

I dunno, decisions, decisions...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

I didnt have the energy to look around so i just stuck my LO's in the Britannia where we all have our accounts. I know i had a good while to decide but i knew if i had left it then it wouldnt have got sorted

Original Poster

miffy121;2712149

I didnt have the energy to look around so i just stuck my LO's in the … I didnt have the energy to look around so i just stuck my LO's in the Britannia where we all have our accounts

Probably same here - everywhere seems to offer pretty much the same anyway!:roll:

some retailers (mothercare, boots etc) give u vouchers if u open accounts with them, might aswell and the rest after that is very similar between all the companies

I stuck mine in Asda and got some money off vouchers for it - there rates etc.. are pretty much the same as elsewhere so thought why not!!

MANJ_007;2712206

some retailers (mothercare, boots etc) give u vouchers if u open accounts … some retailers (mothercare, boots etc) give u vouchers if u open accounts with them, might aswell and the rest after that is very similar between all the companies

Damm, u beat me to it lol

Original Poster

Thanks guys-

Didnt think of asda etc -

Think I'll let the Mrs do a bit of shopping around - give her something to do!!

We put ours in the yorkshire building society. didn't want the risk of a stakeholder account so went for a savings one so it is secure and you deffinately get more than what you put in.

MInes with Nationwide Cash CTF..offers a bonus of an extra 1% if you topup the account over a certain amount within the year between birthdays.

Currently at 6.5% after bonus or 5.5% without.

Link to their details here:- nationwide.co.uk/pdf…pdf

We used Engage Mutual for No.2 as we lost the first cheque for No.1...

We received a £20 Boots voucher for setting up a Direct Debit into the account and we also used Quidco for another £50. It may be worth checking out!

We used Britannia as they do some really good interest accounts for childs general saving with a pass book, much better than a lot of banks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. https://shakeasnowglobe.tkmaxx.com/36
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 47 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
    3. Quidco Snow me the money Competition921226
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!1212

See more discussions