Groups

Child Trust Fund

I have been 'tasked' by my daughter to find the best child trust fund for her daughter, my granddaughter

Any help would be much appreciated

8 Comments

We had this question a week or so ago and I think the answer was that they are all much of a muchness. I have mine in Asda, as it's as good as any and I got some shopping vouchers too. Bonus

Original Poster

hannah19790;2847528

We had this question a week or so ago and I think the answer was that … We had this question a week or so ago and I think the answer was that they are all much of a muchness. I have mine in Asda, as it's as good as any and I got some shopping vouchers too. Bonus

Thanks

Also having a look at moneysavingexpert.com/sav…ers

I have a savings one with Abbey, i dont like the stakeholder and shares ones, cos you can lose money as well as gain, so i just have a savings one with Abbey and let it gain interest....xxxx

Yes, if anybody knows he does! lol

hannah19790;2847528

We had this question a week or so ago and I think the answer was that … We had this question a week or so ago and I think the answer was that they are all much of a muchness. I have mine in Asda, as it's as good as any and I got some shopping vouchers too. Bonus

becareful when you get some vouchers/gift back, they usually get you to commit to putting in x amount a month. this money is tied up until the fund matures. your daughter would be much better putting the extra each month onto paying off her mortgage ( pay off your debts first) or putting it in a child's interest account. at least then it is avaliable if she hits hard times.

all my kids savings are put into my mortgage and they are getting a better interest rate (from me) than any child savings account. i just have a book which tells me how much i owe each child.

I didn't bother with a trust fund either - we took the £250 and put it somewhere (it's now worth about £230 from the last statement we got!) but we have a seperate savings account for ours.

The problem we had with the trust fund is that they automatically get access to all of the money as soon as they are 18 whatever they turn out like - lol stuff that I'd have blown it on beer if I'd been given it at 18!

At least this way I can give her some of it when shes 18 & keep some for when she actually needs it. Unless she tunrs out to be a nice mature sensible 18 year old which I'm sure she will - fingers crossed!

worto.

KELLY 'N' STEVE;2848296

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/17103...-fund-voucher/http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/15523...-voucher-help/Have a look here!

They take me to a thread about a JVC mini DV Digital camcorder and a Motorola C115
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 6 to which handset?69
      2. Any advice on mobile networks.912
      3. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.912
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV55

See more discussions