Groups
    EXPIRED

Child Trust Fund for Baby

Hi. Does anyone know of the best Child Trust Fund? (It's that £250 thing the government give you when you have a baby)

I'd like one which would give him a good interest rate / some free gifts, like the Asda one gives you a £25 George gift voucher.

5 Comments

There have been some changes in interest rates recently, but this link should help.

moneysavingexpert.com/cgi…407,

For a more up to date comparison this link is also helpful, just tick the child trust fund option at the top

moneysupermarket.com/Sav…asp

Also, I'm not sure if you can put the money in this account, but Halifax do an 10% interest account for children.

halifax.co.uk/sav…tml

Hello!
    Which? magazine did a huge article about this in the August edition - all the details, all the good accounts. You'll find a copy at your local library.

Original Poster

Ha! I got the Which? free trial for July & August. I wouldn't have normally bought it. I've got it here somewhere - it came with a free digital camera and tripod. About £15 I'd reckon.

I too am looking around for the best place to put the trust fund voucher. However, since this is a long term investment, I'd recommend investing in a equity based trust rather than a cash based (interest) one. You should get a far better return in the long term.

Any specifics Zedmeister? I have been looking around for a while.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fitbit watch/band33
      2. Which Pond Pump57
      3. Best student laptop max budget £300?33
      4. £18 per month sim only deal 25gb with EE good or bad?55

See more discussions