Childcare Help 'Could Be Illegal'

10 replies
Found 27th Sep 2009
Parents in England who regularly look after friends' children and receive a "reward" for doing so must register as childminders, regulator Ofsted says.

It said most parents would be exempt but those who babysat for more than two hours at a time, or for more than 14 days per year, should be registered.

The "reward" could be money or free baby-sitting in return, it said.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

Banned

and how they going to know

how silly, so me n my niece would take in turns to have each others kids for the night at the weekends, this would be seen as 'rewards'

sassie;6413354

and how they going to know

Miserable money grabbing child minding neighbours if I know my luck.

Banned

loupomm;6413385

how silly, so me n my niece would take in turns to have each others kids … how silly, so me n my niece would take in turns to have each others kids for the night at the weekends, this would be seen as 'rewards'

your family, not friends

loupomm;6413385

how silly, so me n my niece would take in turns to have each others kids … how silly, so me n my niece would take in turns to have each others kids for the night at the weekends, this would be seen as 'rewards'

I imagine it was not designed to be like this but a slight lack of thought in the law and regulations has led to it being like that. I would imagine that in time, it will be amended.

Banned

"Generally" mothers who looked after each other's children were not providing childminding for which registration was required because the care was for less than two hours or took place on fewer than 14 days in a year, he said.

Close relatives of children, such as grandparents, siblings, aunts or uncles, were exempt from the rules, he added.
:roll:

What a load of B******KS

Obviously reported by a neighbour that doesn't like the police..

FilthAndFurry;6413463

"Generally" mothers who looked after each other's children were not … "Generally" mothers who looked after each other's children were not providing childminding for which registration was required because the care was for less than two hours or took place on fewer than 14 days in a year, he said.Close relatives of children, such as grandparents, siblings, aunts or uncles, were exempt from the rules, he added. :roll:

The other point that puts a completely different light on things is that you are exempt from this ofsted rule if the care takes place in the childrens home...........so you can look after your next door neighbours kids as long as you take your kids round to their house........
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hope of a cure for asthma56
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769299
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7871476
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685

See more discussions