Children character birthday cake, ideas please.

Found 28th Oct 2008
Does anyone know of good cake shops which does character birthday cake in the NorthWest please? It will be for a 5 year old, characters will be Disney princesses and the like.

Or online cake shops that you have used.

Or anywhere to get cake toppers that can go on supermarket plain cakes?

I am rubbish in baking, so that is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

23 Comments

I always get my cakes from Asda or Sainsbury's, they do budget busting sizes for a great affordable price. Hope ive helped and good luck in your search :-) xx

Asda and tescos have nice Disney Princess ones

i bought the disney princess cake with all the princesses on it and my daughter still plays with them now.also bought asda one for older girl and took a picture of high school musical and they printed it onto the cake instead of a photo

Original Poster

TamaraKnight;3310608

I always get my cakes from Asda or Sainsbury's, they do budget busting … I always get my cakes from Asda or Sainsbury's, they do budget busting sizes for a great affordable price. Hope ive helped and good luck in your search :-) xx

Thanks

francescaseaman;3310615

Asda and tescos have nice Disney Princess ones

Thanks. I was thinking of cakes where small characters(dolls) are standing upright. :thinking:

linw;3310616

i bought the disney princess cake with all the princesses on it and my … i bought the disney princess cake with all the princesses on it and my daughter still plays with them now.also bought asda one for older girl and took a picture of high school musical and they printed it onto the cake instead of a photo

One of girl's friends had one like that, the 3 disney princess figurines standing. Is that what you mean? I would like to know where you got it please. Thanks.

asda is where i got mine 9.99

If you are looking for quality and are in or near Manchester try these. The nicest bakers ever ! :thumbsup: slattery.co.uk/pro…766

Original Poster

linw;3310676

asda is where i got mine 9.99

Thanks & rep. Will check in my local ASDA.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

queenlush;3310686

If you are looking for quality and are in or near Manchester try these. … If you are looking for quality and are in or near Manchester try these. The nicest bakers ever ! :thumbsup: http://www.slattery.co.uk/products1.cfm?CategoryID=12766

Exactly the type of cake I was thinking. Going to see the cost bit now, the cheaper the better for me :-D

Thanks and rep.:thumbsup:

Marina;3310723

Exactly the type of cake I was thinking. Going to see the cost bit now, … Exactly the type of cake I was thinking. Going to see the cost bit now, the cheaper the better for me :-DThanks and rep.:thumbsup:

oooh just had a look and a bit pricey :oops: nice for special occasions tho

Original Poster

queenlush;3310746

oooh just had a look and a bit pricey :oops: nice for special occasions … oooh just had a look and a bit pricey :oops: nice for special occasions tho

http://www.slattery.co.uk/images/125641.jpg
They have this Beauty and the Beast figure for £25. Wondering if they will give it separately so that I can put on top of plain iced ASDA cake.:thinking:

Banned

queenlush;3310686

If you are looking for quality and are in or near Manchester try these. … If you are looking for quality and are in or near Manchester try these. The nicest bakers ever ! :thumbsup: http://www.slattery.co.uk/products1.cfm?CategoryID=12766

I thought of this place, where have you been queen lush x x

Original Poster

http://www.slattery.co.uk/images/196694.jpg

This one in their site is so nice as well but £74 :x

Banned

Make your own :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DLM;3310839

I thought of this place, where have you been queen lush x x

Hi DLM

Banned

Marina;3310871

Hi DLM

Hi chuck, it can't be that hard to make a cake, can it! x x

Original Poster

DLM;3310869

Make your own :thumbsup:

I am rubbish in baking :oops:
With two kids, 'tis about time I started to practise though :thinking:

Original Poster

DLM;3310879

Hi chuck, it can't be that hard to make a cake, can it! x x

I have tried a few times, but the cake comes out like clay :roll:

Banned

Marina;3310903

I have tried a few times, but the cake comes out like clay :roll:

Do a cookery course at Slattery's or just take your time x x

Original Poster

DLM;3310916

Do a cookery course at Slattery's or just take your time x x

Great idea xx :thumbsup:

Any other ideas for the time being? :thinking:

Debren Designer Cakes
Unit 46, Clayton Square, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 1QR
Tel: 0151 709 6074

We get a cake that is like a 3D upright snowman each christmas - delicious cake, brilliant centerpiece, and not too expensive. We have been going there for about 10 years and keep going back. Would definitely recommend them

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;3310945

Debren Designer Cakes Unit 46, Clayton Square, Liverpool, … Debren Designer Cakes Unit 46, Clayton Square, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 1QRTel: 0151 709 6074We get a cake that is like a 3D upright snowman each christmas - delicious cake, brilliant centerpiece, and not too expensive. We have been going there for about 10 years and keep going back. Would definitely recommend them

Will ring them, now I know what to ask, a 3D cake

Thank you :thumbsup:

Original Poster

blackpeppa;3312836

I have made cakes for both my children from kits, they look really … I have made cakes for both my children from kits, they look really decent.princess cake kit:http://www.partypieces.co.uk/product/party+cakes%5Fchildrens+party+cakes%5Fcake+kits/6015.htmother cake kits:http://www.partypieces.co.uk/category/party+cakes%5Fchildrens+birthday+cakes.htm

wow!!! they look great. Looks like I could give a shot. Thanks a lot:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    2. Foo fighters presale code.1110
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions