Groups
    EXPIRED

childrens car seats

at the mo we are using the maxi cosi which we will very shortly have outgrown, are there any other car seats that fit on the base? if not can anyone recomend a good next stage car seat? at the mo i have a landrover discovery so car seat size doesnt matter but it may if i down size, thanks for any advice
    jo and her very fat baby!

21 Comments

i assume you mean a 2nd stage? if so you cant fit another seat to the 1st carseat base.

If this is the case how much would you want to pay?
    would you want it to last til age 3-4 or til age 11?
    would you like a recline?

If you need the recline and you want a seat that will fit most cars a good option is the Britax 1st class as it has two routings and a metal type fame which tends to fit most cars. If you go to the Britax site they have a fitfinder and that will tell you what is best fit. 1st class can also be used rear facing longer than a maxi cosi as it is much bigger, and baby(however chubby!) is safer rear facing as long as possible.

We've got Kiddy ones and can't praise them highly enough, they came top in which reports. No harness, instead they use a impact cushion which has been tested to be safer. For us this was a better option than extended rear facing.

lostscot;6868861

We've got Kiddy ones and can't praise them highly enough, they came top … We've got Kiddy ones and can't praise them highly enough, they came top in which reports. No harness, instead they use a impact cushion which has been tested to be safer. For us this was a better option than extended rear facing.

theyre brilliant but expensive. Personally i would buy but if cost is a factor..

Original Poster

well shes only 7 weeks so i was thinking of a from birth one, the maxi cosi is just not long enough or wide enough for much longer, it needs to be a recliner as we spend a lot of time in the car doing school runs etc.....

joharni;6869364

well shes only 7 weeks so i was thinking of a from birth one, the maxi … well shes only 7 weeks so i was thinking of a from birth one, the maxi cosi is just not long enough or wide enough for much longer, it needs to be a recliner as we spend a lot of time in the car doing school runs etc.....

oh well the Britax 1st class as its a good size, fits most cars, my little guy was in it til he was 2 as he was little...it also has a comfort cushion so baby is almost flat at first.
    Try kiddicare? or im not sure if Mothercare has 10% off atm...plus quidco?

kiddicare.com/web…568

mothercare.com/Bri…ore

joharni;6869364

well shes only 7 weeks so i was thinking of a from birth one, the maxi … well shes only 7 weeks so i was thinking of a from birth one, the maxi cosi is just not long enough or wide enough for much longer, it needs to be a recliner as we spend a lot of time in the car doing school runs etc.....

There's no way a 7 wk old is getting too big for one of those! I'm sure it's the ears that have to be over back of the seat before you need a bigger one go into mothercare and ask them. I'm always amazed at the amount of people who seem to want to move up car seats where there is no need. Save your cash a bit longer

Original Poster

i know what ur saying but i want to get one for when shes ready especially if any are on offer

Cool just don't rush to move her, there always seems to be some offers on though!

Original Poster

yeah i wont but my little fattys just about out of 3 - 6 month clothes at 7 weeks!

They do slim down honest! I had two chunky babies the oldest is now a 3yr old beanpole and the youngest is 20 mths and still a chunky monkey. He now weighs more than his big sister!

Original Poster

has anyone tried the my child remi at mothercare?

I think paying extra for a many year one is a problem if you cannot buy replacement (or cannot replace) the fabric as certain areas wear much quicker than others and dirt does do damage, however clean you keep it.

We went from the Maxi Cosi to a Britax which will do up to about 4 years old I think. It reclines to about 6 or 8 positions. Wasn't much choice as we were overseas but it is a minefield if you have the full array to choose from.

Original Poster

its a nightmare to choose !

Original Poster

i went for the first class utra and its fab!

joharni;6939888

i went for the first class utra and its fab!

yep i told ya so :thumbsup:

it will last you a while and be very cosy:)

Original Poster

in fact its so good weve got two one for each car!

joharni;7013712

in fact its so good weve got two one for each car!

ive got two of the comfort cushions if you can use them as spares? off the Britax 1st class-cream-one unused-wouldnt be much to post?

Original Poster

are they the newborn ones? x

joharni;7020032

are they the newborn ones? x

yep the wedges you can remove-velour covered-any use? i dont want £ for em `just postage

Original Poster

thanks so much hun but both of mine came with them and shes too fat for them! but thats really really kind of you, jo x

joharni;7026665

thanks so much hun but both of mine came with them and shes too fat for … thanks so much hun but both of mine came with them and shes too fat for them! but thats really really kind of you, jo x

lol no problems just seems a shame to throw em.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047166
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1212
      3. Cat Chat77739
      4. word association Game74044560

See more discussions