Groups

Childrens Electric Scooter

We are looking at getting our childen 9 @10 electric scooters for Christmas. Would be very grateful for advice on the safety of these scooters, is the charge they hold long enough and the best place to purchase them. The scooters we are looking for are like the old scoot along ones with a bit of power not mopeds.
    Many thanks.

10 Comments

Big can of worms - thought about some for our kids but there are legal issues around using them on pavements or on public highways.......
    wolverhampton.gov.uk/tra…htm

I know it sounds daft but officially I think they come under the same rules as mopeds....

gari189;6460252

Big can of worms - thought about some for our kids but there are legal … Big can of worms - thought about some for our kids but there are legal issues around using them on pavements or on public highways.......http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/transport_streets/motor/testing/gopeds.htmI know it sounds daft but officially I think they come under the same rules as mopeds....

I think the same, also for mobility scooters, a lot of the larger ones are easily capable of 8mph which may not sound a lot but on a busy pavement is fast enough to cause some serious harm to anyone unlucky enough to be in their way!

harlzter;6460792

I think the same, also for mobility scooters, a lot of the larger ones … I think the same, also for mobility scooters, a lot of the larger ones are easily capable of 8mph which may not sound a lot but on a busy pavement is fast enough to cause some serious harm to anyone unlucky enough to be in their way!

There is a specific exemption for mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs - powered bicycles are also defined differently but I guess they didn't think of kids scooters when they drafted the law.........

Original Poster

We have an area where the children can ride safely and live 2 miles from the nearest village. Do the batterys last long enough on these things to travel 2 miles?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6460984

Ours last about an hour from what I remember, we have 3 we don't use.

Why don't you use them?

Original Poster

gari189;6460252

Big can of worms - thought about some for our kids but there are legal … Big can of worms - thought about some for our kids but there are legal issues around using them on pavements or on public highways.......http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/transport_streets/motor/testing/gopeds.htmI know it sounds daft but officially I think they come under the same rules as mopeds....

After reading all that we will maybe think twice. Thanks

Banned

kittycatboots;6460967

We have an area where the children can ride safely and live 2 miles from … We have an area where the children can ride safely and live 2 miles from the nearest village. Do the batterys last long enough on these things to travel 2 miles?

you mean 4 miles unless you going to carry them back, wasnt thewre a big thing about people getting pulled by the police as they arent meant for pavements

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6461033

Because I'm 20 haha, we've had them for like 5 years, but still didn't … Because I'm 20 haha, we've had them for like 5 years, but still didn't use them much, just because we weren't really 'into' scooters. They pretty much never got used so are kinda new, just to let you know though they are really heavy. How much were you looking at spending?

A maximum of £150.00.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6461145

For two? Ours are like this one:

They look great, do you have any details for them. What sort of speed they do, how long they take to charge and then run out.
    Thanks

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6461558

No idea sorry, how much of a rush are you in? I'm going home on the 14th … No idea sorry, how much of a rush are you in? I'm going home on the 14th so can check then.

Not in a rush, have quite a few weeks to go until Christmas.:santa:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions