Groups
    EXPIRED

childrens horse riding clothing/safety wear.

Hi my 2 daughters have just started riding lessons and I was wondering were is the cheapest place to buy the basics they need or any shops people can recommend. I dont want to spend a fortune as it could be a passing faze. Any help is appreciated.

11 Comments

Original Poster

thank you will have a good look. rep left.

I bought the basics from ebay, boots,jodphurs, and a riding helmet.
    My daughter wore them once a week for about 10 lessons, before deciding she no longer enjoyed it.
    so very pleased I didnt spend a fortune.

I think tesco sell riding wear now too, worth a look

Original Poster

lisat;8535639

I bought the basics from ebay, boots,jodphurs, and a riding helmet.My … I bought the basics from ebay, boots,jodphurs, and a riding helmet.My daughter wore them once a week for about 10 lessons, before deciding she no longer enjoyed it. so very pleased I didnt spend a fortune.

Have been looking but the sizes are very strange.lol. this is a good place to start looking though i do agree.

Helmet sizes are measured in cms, from what I can remember. but I remember the jodphurs with strange sizes. I will try and find them to give you an idea of size to age.

tesco a while ago sold off lots of horse related stuff for next to nothing in my local store.. saying that, lidl sometimes has cheap stuff in- but it's a waiting game. sorry not much help,..

i have some kids jodphurs, riding hat and burberry riding boots if you are interested, can dig them out tomorrow and check sizes etc?

Do you have a Scats store near you? scatscountrystores.co.uk/sca…tml they do clothing for horse riding and have both cheaper and more expensive things to choose from and you can try them on before you buy.

Edit: Also, it might be worth asking the instructor or at the stables as someone may have some things for sale that their daughters have grown out of.

Original Poster

Kerz67;8535779

i have some kids jodphurs, riding hat and burberry riding boots if you … i have some kids jodphurs, riding hat and burberry riding boots if you are interested, can dig them out tomorrow and check sizes etc?

That would be great if you dont mind. My girls are aged 9 and 11, many thanks

Rep left.

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8535835

Do you have a Scats store near you? … Do you have a Scats store near you? http://www.scatscountrystores.co.uk/scats/pages/homepage.jhtml they do clothing for horse riding and have both cheaper and more expensive things to choose from and you can try them on before you buy.Edit: Also, it might be worth asking the instructor or at the stables as someone may have some things for sale that their daughters have grown out of.

Thats a good idea will do that. rep left.

Original Poster

lisat;8535746

Helmet sizes are measured in cms, from what I can remember. but I … Helmet sizes are measured in cms, from what I can remember. but I remember the jodphurs with strange sizes. I will try and find them to give you an idea of size to age.

Thank you found a website that translate them.lol

Rep left
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians915
      2. word association Game74044566
      3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1023
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?710

See more discussions