Expired

Childrens trike on an airplane?

Found 28th Jul 2014
Hi!

I just wondered if you can take a trike to the gate? I know you can check in the pushchair at the gate, is this the same for those trikes? Does anyone know?

1. Ask
  2. Trike
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Trike
12 Comments

Aeroplane

I very much doubt it - never seen one on a plane .

Original Poster

You can check in the pushchair at the gate. I meant this not taking them actually into the cabin.

Would you take my word for it if I said yes? You'll need to check with your airline, but the answer is most likely no.

craigstephens

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane

This I believe is a British site and unless the OP is from a country that uses "airplane" ie USA/Canada, it's aeroplane. From the link you posted to me -

Etymology and usage

In the United States and Canada, the term "airplane" is used for powered fixed-wing aircraft. In the United Kingdom and most of the Commonwealth, the term "aeroplane" is usually applied to these aircraft.

I do know British English and am fed up with the creeping Americanisation of it. Airplane has never been used here.

Edited by: "therealslimkaty" 29th Jul 2014

therealslimkaty

This I believe is a British site and unless the OP is from a country that … This I believe is a British site and unless the OP is from a country that uses "airplane" ie USA/Canada, it's aeroplane. From the link you posted to me - Etymology and usageIn the United States and Canada, the term "airplane" is used for powered fixed-wing aircraft. In the United Kingdom and most of the Commonwealth, the term "aeroplane" is usually applied to these aircraft.I do know British English and am fed up with the creeping Americanisation of it. Airplane has never been used here.

Awwwwwww, are you fed up with it all? Poor you. Maybe you should stay off internet forums if it's all getting you down. Did you notice that your being a pedant got you -3? Folk don't like it.

therealslimkaty

This I believe is a British site and unless the OP is from a country that … This I believe is a British site and unless the OP is from a country that uses "airplane" ie USA/Canada, it's aeroplane. From the link you posted to me - Etymology and usageIn the United States and Canada, the term "airplane" is used for powered fixed-wing aircraft. In the United Kingdom and most of the Commonwealth, the term "aeroplane" is usually applied to these aircraft.I do know British English and am fed up with the creeping Americanisation of it. Airplane has never been used here.

Well said, I fully agree.

http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/covers/airplane-blu-ray-cover-48.jpg

Banned

PLEASE KEEP THREAD ON TOPIC

OP, what airline are we talking? Different airlines have different regulations but ultimately, unless you can fold the trike, it'll be a no

Original Poster

Hi there! Its BA.

hukdealz

PLEASE KEEP THREAD ON TOPICOP, what airline are we talking? Different … PLEASE KEEP THREAD ON TOPICOP, what airline are we talking? Different airlines have different regulations but ultimately, unless you can fold the trike, it'll be a no

Oh we have a new Moderator.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?23
    2. Whey protien633
    3. Home CCTV system advice.11
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?710

See more discussions