Chimp Attacks 'Cousin'

Chimp Attack Prompts Call For Legislation
    Woman Brutally Attacked By Chimp In Connecticut

POSTED: 2:42 pm EST February 17, 2009
    UPDATED: 3:58 pm EST February 17, 2009

9 Comments

Original Poster

WASHINGTON -- A Connecticut

chimpanzee attack has sparked lawmakers and the Humane Society of the … chimpanzee attack has sparked lawmakers and the Humane Society of the United States to renew calls for passing the Captive Primate Safety Act.The chimp, which was being kept as a pet at a woman’s home, was shot and killed by police after is brutally attacked a Connecticut resident.U.S. Reps. Earl Blumenauer, D-Oregon, and Mark Kirk, R-Illinois, along with the Humane Society, lead the call for the legislation, which would prohibit interstate commerce in primates for the pet trade, making it illegal for individuals to buy or transport a pet primate across state lines. It would have no impact on zoos or research.

http://www.wfsb.com/2009/0217/18735555_240X180.jpg

wfsb.com/new…tml

Chimps are vicious animals in the wild and are not only cannibals they are also known to kill and eat there own young,But they a really cute,

Will teach her to keep a an animal out of it's natural domain. Who the hell has a chimp as a pet, does she have a rainforest as her garden??

No sympathy!

chimpanze that.

That's made a bit of a monkey of them

awwww they're my fave animal, they're sooooooo cute.
    as others have said, shouldn't have been kept as a house pet.

Giving us chimps a bad name.
    This is the exact reason i punch every other chimp i see square in the face.

well chimpanzes can do karate saw a vid on rudetube

i read this earlier.. really sad
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions