Groups

China bus just escapes falling concrete, could of been worse

CCTV cameras aboard a bus in China have captured the moment the driver averted disaster, as a concrete aqueduct collapsed over a motorway.

link in 1st post

15 Comments

Original Poster

That was lucky

Original Poster

Good job bus driver was on the ball

I was expecting something much larger than that falling into the road. Looks like a long cardboard box!

He had plenty of time to stop. If he was a second or so ahead then it'd be a different situation!

oldmanhouse

He had plenty of time to stop. If he was a second or so ahead then it'd … He had plenty of time to stop. If he was a second or so ahead then it'd be a different situation!

plenty of time and a second seem to conflict in this sentence...

Good thing he was not tailgating

Original Poster

t0mm

plenty of time and a second seem to conflict in this sentence...

"He had plenty of time to stop" this from the bus drivers point of view

"If he was a second or so ahead then it'd be a different situation" and this from the cheeky block of concrete

Can't believe it, no reinforcing bars in the concrete when made.

Could 'have'...

I saw this video too whilst the following one was linked on the same page, wish you could have seen the state of the corsa following the crash, but maybe there was a fatality so may not have shown the wreckage. Deffo brown trouser time for both parties.

youtube.com/wat…aso

Truck is doing 90kph when it hits the car.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 31st Mar 2011

Original Poster

greg_68

I saw this video too whilst the following one was linked on the same … I saw this video too whilst the following one was linked on the same page, wish you could have seen the state of the corsa following the crash, but maybe there was a fatality so may not have shown the wreckage. Deffo brown trouser time for both parties.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK9-Ikcu0sY&feature=asoTruck is doing 90kph when it hits the car.

Also seen this, What was the corsa driver thinking

simplex

Also seen this, What was the corsa driver thinking

I think the problem is that she's driven from Aberdeen along a dual carriage way and maybe doesn't realise that the dual has ended and she's now on a junction. Then she gets to this fork where some oiks have stolen the road sign:
    maps.google.co.uk/...

Edited by: "nick1austin" 1st Apr 2011

Banned

A bus stops on a motorway. Wow.

Original Poster

DJ1

A bus stops on a motorway. Wow.

You must be the local health and safety advisor, how very nice of you to contribute with your wisdom. Care to sum up the situation in Libya for us or maybe Japan?
    Edited by: "simplex" 1st Apr 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions