China's First Emperor and The Terracotta Army Coming To Liverpool Museum

Found 9th FebEdited by:"themachman"
Just thought id share this, Liverpool Museum will be showing The Terracotta Army exhibits until October 28th tickets are £14.50 for adults and £5.50 for children under 17. be great to take the kids to during half term, remember all the council run museums in Liverpool are free and are amongst the best in the country, Im sure theres some great deals for hotels in Liverpool too which are usually posted in the deals section,so come to the friendliest city in the world, Scousleand
liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/wml…spx
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I've been lucky enough to see these three times now. Back in the eighties I saw them when they visited edinburgh where I was a student. Ten years ago my sisters and I took my mother to London for her 70th birthday when they were there. In 2015 my son and I actually went to China and visited real McCoy. I must say that cost slightly more than £14.50. Fabulous.
18 Comments
I've been lucky enough to see these three times now. Back in the eighties I saw them when they visited edinburgh where I was a student. Ten years ago my sisters and I took my mother to London for her 70th birthday when they were there. In 2015 my son and I actually went to China and visited real McCoy. I must say that cost slightly more than £14.50. Fabulous.
I think thats the sort of thing you visit, the point of it is the sheer scale not looking at a few individuals, my mother put me off going tho, she was very disappointed when she went to China on a trip they looked round the army bit and the museum, spent far too long in the shop and they wouldn't let them have a wonder about or walk up the tomb mound. Thats coach trips for you but then they are the cheapest way to do anything
Pity they are not there longer, I probably wont make it back home until the end of the month.
123thisisme13 m ago

Pity they are not there longer, I probably wont make it back home until …Pity they are not there longer, I probably wont make it back home until the end of the month.

They are there until the end of October. Not sure what relevance the date has in the OP.
Pandamansays14 m ago

They are there until the end of October. Not sure what relevance the date …They are there until the end of October. Not sure what relevance the date has in the OP.

sorry just amended that ,not sure what i was thinking there
themachman15 m ago

you shouldnt have posted it on here was hoping for a groupon when no one knew it was on
deleted1315437
Why would they invade Liverpool out of all places?
themachman2 h, 52 m ago

Thanks - I'm planning on going April/May time and got a shock when I saw that
kay19921 h, 23 m ago

Why would they invade Liverpool out of all places?

Tourism? Brings in more money to the local economy. If Liverpool don't want them, I'm sure other cities or even towns in the UK would be more than happy to have them.
If this is the same exhibition that was/still is in Philadelphia then its well worth the visit -
I was fortunate enough to see this in London a few years ago - tied it in with a "Tutankhamun exhibition". If historical exhibitions are your kind of thing, I would highly recommend going.
Nice one themachman. Thanks for sharing.
Oh wow, thanks machman, I’ll def be making the trip to see this
This sounds great wish I was closer

watched this last night fascinating stuff.

channel4.com/pro…ity
Edited by: "Wongy110" 11th Feb
juggler16 h, 52 m ago

Oh wow, thanks machman, I’ll def be making the trip to see this

Jug your always welcome in scouseland
They'd make great plant pots.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions