Chineese sellers on ebay AAARRRGH what can i do??? please help

69 replies
Found 25th Jan 2010
Basically i dont no why but i bought a mobile £49.99
It came with no charger, so i asked a thousand times for a charger and was promised to be sent one a thousand times, never ever recieved it so i opened a paypal dispute,
we then came to a descicion so closed the paypal dispute.

the descicion being i sent the phone (recorded) which cost bloody £12
and then he would refund me for the cost of the phone and postage back

I provided him with the tracking no. this has been going on since about september last year, I am messaging him nearly everyday asking for a refund, he did say he couldnt cause of paypal so i rang paypal and after speeking with an answer machine and pushing 1,2,3,4 all that crap for half an hour i eventually spoke to a lady who said "you closed the case so theres nothing we can do"

now he is completely blanking me, anyone else done the same sort of thing?
is there anything i can i do? thanks will rep helpers xx

69 Comments

Banned

whythe hell did you close the dispute as you have closed this now paypal wont do anything

sassie;7651779

whythe hell did you close the dispute as you have closed this now paypal … whythe hell did you close the dispute as you have closed this now paypal wont do anything

+1

Would have been so much cheaper to buy a charger yourself surely.

Now you are £62 out of pocket.

As the paypal case as been closed, there is nothing you can do via paypal and ebay.

If the phone was sent recorded, it will may of been insured depending on the service used.

Try and seek the costs back on the parcel if the tracking states its not arrived.

Best of luck!

negative him...did he send it recorded, if not buy again using another account and just claim through paypal (never received) and keep the phone

not alot else you can do

khy86;7651807

negative him...did he send it recorded, if not buy again using another … negative him...did he send it recorded, if not buy again using another account and just claim through paypal (never received) and keep the phonenot alot else you can do

Thats theft...2 wrongs dont make a right...

khy86;7651807

negative him...did he send it recorded, if not buy again using another … negative him...did he send it recorded, if not buy again using another account and just claim through paypal (never received) and keep the phonenot alot else you can do

Stealing/Fraud :thumbsup: I know he has basically done the same to the OP, but not a good idea really

RickT;7651838

Thats theft...2 wrongs dont make a right...

when you get punched, you punch em back, when you get scammed, you scam em back :thumbsup:

Original Poster

khy86;7651807

i cant rember if he sent recorded or not it was that long ago if i did that i would only get the second money back i paid ? x

khy86;7651807

Naughty:whistling:

Banned

put iot down to experience and thank your lucky stars it wasnt more

Original Poster

so theres basically nothing i can do :cry:

why do they get away with it, im losing my job soon and £60 a lot of money to me x

khy86;7651845

when you get punched, you punch em back, when you get scammed, you scam … when you get punched, you punch em back, when you get scammed, you scam em back :thumbsup:

fair enough............

kerri_ i cant rember if he sent recorded or not it was that long ago if i did that i would only get the second money back i paid ? x

nothing you can do as you closed the dispute just do as said before track the parcel if it is not showing as being delivered you can place a claim with royalmail but only for about £32 (unless it has gone up) unless you paid extra insurance

kerri_ so theres basically nothing i can do :cry: why do they get away with it, im losing my job soon and £60 a lot of money to me x

Original Poster

dmissy13;7651880

nothing you can do as you closed the dispute just do as said before track … nothing you can do as you closed the dispute just do as said before track the parcel if it is not showing as being delivered you can place a claim with royalmail but only for about £32 (unless it has gone up) unless you paid extra insurance

he has reiceved it ! x

kerri_ he has reiceved it ! x

kerri_ he has reiceved it ! x

Original Poster

Right i have tracked the parcel, it says this:-

Your item, posted on 16/11/09 with reference R###########GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CHINA.

does that mean its been delivered, or should i claim?

kerri_ Right i have tracked the parcel, it says this:-Your item, posted on 16/11/09 with reference R###########GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CHINA. does that mean its been delivered, or should i claim?

read what it says, it said it's been passed to the overseas postal service.
once it left UK there is no tracking at all.
you should have checked before posting to see if its tracked all the way to delivery then if not (as is the case) chose a better postal option that did provide tracking all the way there.

A better option would have been to just pay the £4 odd for a charger instead of £12 for post

Banned

recorded delivery via rm to china :?:?

Original Poster

RickT;7651939

They do not track the parcel in China,Yes, you can make a claim, you may … They do not track the parcel in China,Yes, you can make a claim, you may need the person in china to confirm they have not got it though..Which postal service did you use?

royal mail, how do i make a claim? x

I am afraid you haven't got a prayer of seeing anything again.

Unfortunately you went about the whole process completely wrong suprising given the fact that you must be aware there are several ebay experts on here.

The chances of a parcel being trackable to China are minute, and if it has been delivered you can't even claim from the postal insurance.

I think you need to forget it and learn from it.

Taken from Royal mail (if you used them)

What happens if your mail is lost?If your mail gets lost, we’ll give you a … What happens if your mail is lost?If your mail gets lost, we’ll give you a minimum compensation of 12 First Class stamps. However, if there was something of value in your mail, we'll refund the actual loss, up to a maximum value of 100 First Class stamps or up to the market value, whichever is the smaller amount. Please apply for this within 12 months. Please note that we do not pay compensation without an original certificate of posting being produced.When you send your standard parcel, you can choose to pay for extra compensation of up to £100, £250 or £500. If you’d like to claim for late or lost Standard Parcels, you can do so here

link here - royalmail.com/por…181

You only option is to try and submit a claim... :-(

and see here royalmail.com/por…190

kerri_ royal mail, how do i make a claim? x

Go round there and sort hom out

Original Poster

greg_68;7651967

What service did you pay for?Hace you got all the recipts?

track and trace xx

Original Poster

ray magini;7651986

too far lol!!

ray magini;7651986

to China??

Banned

Must.

Resist.

Must.

Resist.

kerri_ track and trace xx

dimebars;7652045

Must.Resist.Must.Resist.

Don't resist, some need to be told :w00t:

Original Poster

greg_68;7652059

But which service did you use, airsure, international signed for etc etc.

international signed for

Banned

kerri_ so theres basically nothing i can do :cry: why do they get away with it, im losing my job soon and £60 a lot of money to me x

kerri_ international signed for

Banned

greg_68;7652067

Don't resist, some need to be told :w00t:

Been there before with this one..................

Cant be ersed racking up more points and suspensions!

phone them 08457 740 740

Original Poster

dimebars;7652080

Been there before with this one..................Cant be ersed racking up … Been there before with this one..................Cant be ersed racking up more points and suspensions!

You love me too much all of my threads, nothing good / helpful to say just a vile person!

Banned

http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/diner-mug.jpg

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Wow apple you really are bad2027
  2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2747
  3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247658
  4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769550

See more discussions