Groups

Chinese android phone recommendations sub £200?

Hi guys, my galaxy S6 has broken USB port and I'm getting caught out with no charge and no wireless charger available. I've been looking at flogging this and getting a Chinese android phone to tide me over. Currently leaning towards the Elephone P9000 or the Xiaomi Mi Max (too big maybe?) but there are so many out there I thought I'd ask and see if I've overlooked something.

Must have's:
    £200~ max
    NFC - I use Android pay a lot
    Half decent camera
    3GB RAM

Optional but preferred:
    Fingerprint scanner
    Wireless charging
    Quick charge

The Elephone P9000 hits all these marks so its out in the lead at the moment, but fire your suggestions my way

13 Comments

Chinese phones usually come with rooted/custom versions of android. Therefore android pay won't work.
    Quick google suggests the P9000 won't work with android pay.

Paddy_o_furniture

Chinese phones usually come with rooted/custom versions of android. … Chinese phones usually come with rooted/custom versions of android. Therefore android pay won't work.Quick google suggests the P9000 won't work with android pay.

​I suggest a wileyfox which is made in the uk they've a range of phones now which should suit your needs and sell on Amazon. it'll just save you the hassle of getting a Chinese phone which might not even work over here. That or an honor. they're pretty good too.

As above, you may have trouble with Android Pay and the banking apps on Chinese phones.

Original Poster

well, ****.

Xiaomi official global versions are not rooted, they are brand new in sealed box like any UK phone with latest android version and official updates. I have Mi Max and I love it, I then got my mum Xiaomi note 3 (offical global) and I actually prefer it. Both recommended

Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up though guys

heaney676

​I suggest a wileyfox which is made in the uk they've a range of phones n … ​I suggest a wileyfox which is made in the uk they've a range of phones now which should suit your needs and sell on Amazon. it'll just save you the hassle of getting a Chinese phone which might not even work over here. That or an honor. they're pretty good too.

I have a wileyfox and love it but some people may not be happy with the uncertainty surrounding cyanogen os.

Wileyfox is a British company, the phones however are manufactured in China.

Can't you get a wireless charging pad for your S6?

Original Poster

artnada

Can't you get a wireless charging pad for your S6?

That's been my solution for the last 6 months but its a pain trying to carry it everywhere with me, I often forget.

Vodafone smart platinum 7 does everything you need other than wireless charging without having to go Chinese. £180 Grade A at cex with 12 months warranty.

Prob not a higher enough spec phone for you but just got the Mrs a Cubot s550pro £90 from laptops direct, superb 5.5in mob premium looks & specs are I'd say mid range but I'm really impressed so far, ov no where near the s6 specs but for that money I can't believe it!

Mi5 or Mi5s is around the 200 mark - seems to be a good bet, only issue is the lack of 4G on O2 and related networks (still get 3G though)

Look up the Homtom HT6 or the newer version. My version doesn't do wireless charging but charge in about an hour and last 7 days on all day. Suspect it will only be about £50 now but newer version with more feature might be more.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047070
      2. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)56
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543734
      4. Apples new update47

See more discussions