Expired

Chinese moped: Longjia lj50qt-k Help wanted.

Found 24th Aug 2012
I bought this moped just over a year ago, and now it randomly stopped working, I've done everything that I know to get it to work and couldn't get it going, it seems to run and then the fuel line just stops, I've checked filter etc. I've sprayed carb cleaner inside the carb (not taken it apart as I'm afraid I’ll break it with no instructions on the internet or ill not brake it but won’t have a clue how to fit all back as normal)

Does anyone have experience with Chinese bikes? Or have this bike? I've tried looking online for help with YouTube/Google but all other Chinese bikes insides looks completely different I'm hoping after a night with the cleaner stuff inside of it, it will magically just work again its really affecting my commutes every day.
Community Updates
Misc
48 Comments
Don't buy Chinese in the future.

They are prone to breaking down.

And randomly not working.

Fools who buy them IMO.
YOU DIDN'T BROUGHT, YOU BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did you bring it from?

If you brought it all the way from China then I think it has done pretty well...
It's chinese

/thread
Looks like you'll have to open the carb. Had a similar problem on my quad.
Lammy118

Looks like you'll have to open the carb. Had a similar problem on my quad.

on 1 - 10 how hard are they to put back it back together as easy as a pc? or hard like a 200 pice puzzle?
whatsThePoint

have you been getting it serviced every 1800 miles as it says in the … have you been getting it serviced every 1800 miles as it says in the handbook

i've done 1600km on it, i only use it for short trips and take it on a long trip ounce a week as i was told "it will do it good" it save's paying £3 for the bus everyday compared to putting in £6 of fuel every week and half or so im going to see if i can take carb apart in the afternoon then
Is it 2 or 4 stroke?

Could be that in the carb the float needle is stuck closed - fuel weeps into the float bowl then as you run it the fuel comes out but isnt replaced quick enough which means after a few minutes of running your getting random cut outs and fails to start.

To strip a carb down isnt hard, but quite often float bowl screws can sieze in and be a **** to get out.
Knackered after 1600km haha, sounds abit right for a Chinese bike.
PilchY

Is it 2 or 4 stroke?Could be that in the carb the float needle is stuck … Is it 2 or 4 stroke?Could be that in the carb the float needle is stuck closed - fuel weeps into the float bowl then as you run it the fuel comes out but isnt replaced quick enough which means after a few minutes of running your getting random cut outs and fails to start.To strip a carb down isnt hard, but quite often float bowl screws can sieze in and be a **** to get out.

its a 2 stoke and "exactly" 49cc i dont know much about bikes but it could go up to 50mph and was told a 49cc shouldent do that (well should downhill but not on a stright) and then sites told me a rumor 69cc engine or something and then i just closed it as there was just pure weird stuff being talked about
mon94key

its a 2 stoke and "exactly" 49cc i dont know much about bikes but it … its a 2 stoke and "exactly" 49cc i dont know much about bikes but it could go up to 50mph and was told a 49cc shouldent do that (well should downhill but not on a stright) and then sites told me a rumor 69cc engine or something and then i just closed it as there was just pure weird stuff being talked about

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/StarryGirl_pics/Smileys/89.gif
What you need is a good mechanic to look it over. By good I mean one that understands what is needed to get an engine to run, rather than one that can just recognise and fix parts on a particular engine.

Chinese or not there should be checks that can be done to isolate the problem. It should also be noted that Japanese items were once considered cheap but look at them now.
China still produces cheap goods largely due to cheap labour costs. But there have been massive jumps towards a fully industrialised society. The problem may be easier to fix than many have stated. But it could be that you have bought a duff.

Get a good mechanic to advise.
i doubt the fact that it was made in china has anything to do with it breaking down.
take it to be fixed like any other broken bike.
mutley1

i doubt the fact that it was made in china has anything to do with it … i doubt the fact that it was made in china has anything to do with it breaking down.take it to be fixed like any other broken bike.

Sort of what I said
WoolyM

What you need is a good mechanic to look it over. By good I mean one … What you need is a good mechanic to look it over. By good I mean one that understands what is needed to get an engine to run, rather than one that can just recognise and fix parts on a particular engine.Chinese or not there should be checks that can be done to isolate the problem. It should also be noted that Japanese items were once considered cheap but look at them now. China still produces cheap goods largely due to cheap labour costs. But there have been massive jumps towards a fully industrialised society. The problem may be easier to fix than many have stated. But it could be that you have bought a duff.Get a good mechanic to advise.

theres only 1 place who will look at my bike who charge £42 an hour plus parts, consdering it costed me £650 new on a 11 plate and £300 to insure, it doesnt seem worth it to be to take it to garage how trust worthy do you think people on gumtree are? i found someone who lives about 20 miles away and charges £14 an hour but i dont want to be weird and ask for proof of work or anything
WoolyM

Sort of what I said

great minds think alike? X)
mutley1

great minds think alike? X)

I never said you had a great mind
mon94key

theres only 1 place who will look at my bike who charge £42 an hour plus … theres only 1 place who will look at my bike who charge £42 an hour plus parts, consdering it costed me £650 new on a 11 plate and £300 to insure, it doesnt seem worth it to be to take it to garage how trust worthy do you think people on gumtree are? i found someone who lives about 20 miles away and charges £14 an hour but i dont want to be weird and ask for proof of work or anything

funny the way that they quote per hour. when you take a car in for repair they just quote a total cost?
WoolyM

I never said you had a great mind

well, if you said i got a great body, that could serve as an alternative. X)
mutley1

well, if you said i got a great body, that could serve as an alternative. … well, if you said i got a great body, that could serve as an alternative. X)

So are you THAT new window cleaner
i have a suggestion OP.

find a chinese/oriental garage and they will probably be able to fix it for you cheaply.
mon94key

theres only 1 place who will look at my bike who charge £42 an hour plus … theres only 1 place who will look at my bike who charge £42 an hour plus parts, consdering it costed me £650 new on a 11 plate and £300 to insure, it doesnt seem worth it to be to take it to garage how trust worthy do you think people on gumtree are? i found someone who lives about 20 miles away and charges £14 an hour but i dont want to be weird and ask for proof of work or anything

You paid £650 for a brand new motorbike and you wonder why it's knackered? Ever heard the phrase "you get what you pay for"?
WoolyM

So are you THAT new window cleaner

I read that wrong. Thought you were saying that I had a great body

Sorry OP. Sometimes little conversations take over threads.
I am not a mechanic. Was just stating what I thought would be the best course of action. Its a nightmare when funds are so tight as it really restricts your options. Only free options are searching the internet for info to fix yourself or finding forums that can advise

Good luck
whatsThePoint

if you read the manual it warns you about the bits that can be worn by … if you read the manual it warns you about the bits that can be worn by 500km from the manual"Lamps, incandescent bulbs, electric system""depending on road conditions / unevenness of the road surface the lifetime will be reduced,this may already occur after 500 km."so the electrical system can be worn out anytime after 500km oO"Pistons, cylinders, crankshaft, conrods, engine bearings""depending on riding style, load and care these parts may be worn after200 hours. When riding mainly with full throttle even earlier"its a moped, its going to be at full throttle all the time, so the engine has a life of about 100 hours or 3000km X)

Years ago my Yamaha Neos did 10,000 miles without an issue, my Maxster did the same, then I left it for 3 years, it started up first time when I went to sell it.
What I would do is take the carb off, then take it to a motorbike shop and ask them to look at it, after they moan about chinese bikes they will hopefully sort it out for you.
I would weigh it in.. (_;)
whatsThePoint

oO X)

Good reply there.

I bought this [Item Name] just over a year ago, and now it randomly … I bought this [Item Name] just over a year ago, and now it randomly stopped working

You can apply this^ to almost anything you buy from China.
spaceinvader

You can apply this^ to almost anything you buy.

corrected
WoolyM

corrected

Very cynical

I've got plenty of crap that's years old, computers, TVs, general electronics, underpants, etc... most of it ain't from China. Everything I buy from Dealextreme or ebay is guaranteed to be on a landfill site within 3-12 months.
spaceinvader

Very cynical :pI've got plenty of crap that's years old, computers, TVs, … Very cynical :pI've got plenty of crap that's years old, computers, TVs, general electronics, underpants, etc... most of it ain't from China. Everything I buy from Dealextreme or ebay is guaranteed to be on a landfill site within 3-12 months.

So none of your tech is made in China?
spaceinvader

Very cynical :pI've got plenty of crap that's years old, computers, TVs, … Very cynical :pI've got plenty of crap that's years old, computers, TVs, general electronics, underpants, etc... most of it ain't from China. Everything I buy from Dealextreme or ebay is guaranteed to be on a landfill site within 3-12 months.

I should imagine a lot of the stuff you (and everybody else) has comes form China. It's 'cheap' stuff from China that tends to be crap.

But then cheap stuff from everywhere tends to be crap.
whatsThePoint

if the op takes it to a bike shop and then insists it was looked at … if the op takes it to a bike shop and then insists it was looked at they'd take the 4 screws out that holds the float bowl on, check the float doesn't have a leak and then clean out any sediment, (which is easier to do than taking the carb off in the first place) op would then have a nice £30 bill for something they could of done themselfs just as quick and just as well

It looked like the OP was not very confident so I advised this as it may be better than taking it apart and breaking it? Do you not see how that might of helped?
I bought a chinese motorbike, can't get it to start at all, halp!

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt339/mac-turbo/funny/fail-owned-bike-repair-fail.jpg
Could be many things, but it sounds as simple as the fuel tank or carb breather pipe being blocked or kinked. Look for a couple of plastic hoses about 6/8mm in diameter which come from the fuel tank and carburettor, make sure the hoses are not trapped by bodywork or the fuel tank, follow them to their open end underneath the scooter and make sure the ends aren't fully of dirt/debris. Very easy to check and usually the obvious is overlooked.

ill upload a picture in the morning but i was looking at the carb and there is a rubber tube on its own not connected to anything cut off, i dunno if its allways been like that but would that cable being cut off stop the engine from working i take it? because my engine starts, runs (can rev it and it idles) but it wont stay like that it will stall and when you go to switch it back on it will take a while to start up and it seems its because the fuel isnt going around, there is 4 things still attached to carb (i think cant remeber) 1 being oil, one being fuel, another didnt leak anything so is that air? and the throttle cable and then this last rubber tube is attached about 3cm long and cut off, anyone got any idea what that is by me explaining it this way? ill put picture up now if the lighting is well enough

Okay just took some i think there 2 low lighting to get what im on about

Chinese camera as well?
greatest666

Chinese camera as well?

orange sanfranisco 2 should of used instagram and made it in to a "professional" photo not to bad to be honest for a £60 phone and 5mp camera with led flash, its enough to see what i was on about in my own words but i dunno if its enough for others the last pic is most likely the best one because i realised "Why dont i lift the rubber tube with my finger and actaly show it instead of just getting major reflection from the plastic oil tank"
^^^ It does look out of focus. Unless you have shaky hands
WoolyM

^^^ It does look out of focus. Unless you have shaky hands

admitably i was in my sidepath thing in the pitch black holding the seat in one hand and having to touch the touchscreen camera button while working out if i was aiming at the right place i took 15 photos and these where best 3 ill take another one and possibly a video tommorow when i get back from work around 1

whatsThePoint

the pipe that isn't connected to anything else is the float bowl overflow … the pipe that isn't connected to anything else is the float bowl overflow pipe

so is that normal or not normal to have it cut off?
Edited by: "mon94key" 25th Aug 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants