Chinese phone

Posted 4th Jan
I have bought a chinese global Redmi 8T awaiting delivery- can anyone advise if the supplied 18W fast charger can be used in the UK they provide a UK adaptor but I am dubious about using it
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
11 Comments
Yes, same 220 voltages
Why not read the label on it (when it arrives)?
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 4th Jan
Are you concerned about using the Chinese phone or the Chinese adaptor.
dcx_badass04/01/2020 20:41

Why not read the label on it (when it arrives)?

Probably because the OP would like to know now if possible?
Edited by: "tregs" 4th Jan
thomasleep04/01/2020 20:46

Are you concerned about using the Chinese phone or the Chinese adaptor.

The adapter
chrb04/01/2020 21:22

The adapter

Both made in the same country, given you bought the phone + adaptor, not sure what your concern is. Both equally as likely or unlikely to catch fire
thomasleep04/01/2020 21:25

Both made in the same country, given you bought the phone + adaptor, not …Both made in the same country, given you bought the phone + adaptor, not sure what your concern is. Both equally as likely or unlikely to catch fire

Most phones are made in China so I am not concerned about that but I have read a year or so ago that free adapters provided are often of poor quality as they are “free”. I wondered if anyone who recently bought a phone from China could comment on quality of adapters provided as these aren’t packaged with the phone and are thrown in for free.
chrb04/01/2020 21:30

Most phones are made in China so I am not concerned about that but I have …Most phones are made in China so I am not concerned about that but I have read a year or so ago that free adapters provided are often of poor quality as they are “free”. I wondered if anyone who recently bought a phone from China could comment on quality of adapters provided as these aren’t packaged with the phone and are thrown in for free.

Lets be honest you can pretty much guarantee any adaptor you buy will be from there anyway, on the bright side you got one for free or bundled with the phone
thomasleep04/01/2020 21:25

Both equally as likely or unlikely to catch fire

Maybe, but a metal fire is nastier than an electrical fire.
I personally don't use the supplied UK adapter that comes with devices from China because if you look inside one you will realise why.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions