Chinese phones on UK networks

Found 21st Aug 2015
Hi All,

I am looking to buy a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 and just had a quick question about using it on a UK network. The seller is selling an FDD version ( (I don't know what that means!) and has told me that it supports:

2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
FDD 4G: FDD LTE B3:1800/B1:2100/B7:2600MHz
TDD 4G: TDD LTE B38:2600/B39:1900/B40:2300/B41:2500MHZ

Will this work in UK? I am on Three myself, the last thing I want to do is order a Xiaomi Paper Weight!

Many thanks in advance for you advice - Sara x
Community Updates
AskiPhonePhones
8 Comments
Three uses WCDMA band 1 (2100MHz)
You will be fine
Original Poster

Hi CBK thanks for the quick reply, its the answer I was looking for

Do you know if the phone will work on all UK networks? I only ask as I am used to IOS and dipping my toes into uncharted waters with an android handset. If I don't like it would I have any problems selling it on? What I mean is there any network that it won't work on?

Thanks again - Sara x

CBK

Three uses WCDMA band 1 (2100MHz) You will be fine

princesspeanut

Hi CBK thanks for the quick reply, its the answer I was looking for :)Do … Hi CBK thanks for the quick reply, its the answer I was looking for :)Do you know if the phone will work on all UK networks? I only ask as I am used to IOS and dipping my toes into uncharted waters with an android handset. If I don't like it would I have any problems selling it on? What I mean is there any network that it won't work on? Thanks again - Sara x

​ive been an iPhone user since iPhone 4 and just recently went to Android with a Chinese handset, you'll be fine. However it should work on EE as well. The problem you might have is selling on a Chinese brand phone for very much money, unless you sell it here of course Best of luck
CBK

​ive been an iPhone user since iPhone 4 and just recently went to Android … ​ive been an iPhone user since iPhone 4 and just recently went to Android with a Chinese handset, you'll be fine. However it should work on EE as well. The problem you might have is selling on a Chinese brand phone for very much money, unless you sell it here of course Best of luck

What phone did you buy?
sambrown88

What phone did you buy?

​Umi emax available thru amazon so you have a warranty too.. best phone I've ever used and I came from Iphone 6 Plus
Original Poster

Perfect thanks for all your help and advice, I think I will take the plunge

CBK

​Umi emax available thru amazon so you have a warranty too.. best phone I … ​Umi emax available thru amazon so you have a warranty too.. best phone I've ever used and I came from Iphone 6 Plus

Banned
CBK

​Umi emax available thru amazon so you have a warranty too.. best phone I … ​Umi emax available thru amazon so you have a warranty too.. best phone I've ever used and I came from Iphone 6 Plus

Excellent review of the umi emaciated

pcadvisor.co.uk/rev…03/
For full UK 4G, you need FDD bands:
20 (800) used by all networks, or by O2/Voda (sources disagree)
3 (1800) EE & 3 (both sources agree)
7 (2600) EE/Voda (or just EE)

I think the first source is the more accurate - so it means this phone will not do 4G at all on O2 and may be limited in 4G coverage on other networks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants