Chinese retailer

Found 14th Dec 2017
Hi HUKD members,

I purchased a laptop from a Chinese retailer for the first time last month. According to the tracking I was provided, my order arrived in the United Kingdom on the 14th of November. To this day, the tracking states ‘Customs clearance in progress’ and I have have yet to recieve the laptop. Is this anything to worry about? From looking online, people say it is a bit of a lottery on how long you have to wait as customs have no set times to clear imports.

Thanks,
Liam
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Might have been seized if they underdeclared the value.
Might have a duty fee to pay? You could contact them with your tracking details and they can tell you. Don't think it takes a month for it to clear customs
Original Poster
I did call customs and they said to contact to the sender as they only deal with parcelforce consignments. I have been in contact with the Chinese retailer’s customer support team and they keep fabricating new excuses for the delay.
Contact the seller and tell them they have 48 hours to locate your parcel or you are going to do a charge back with your credit card or PayPal payment.
Have you called Parcel force?
The seller may have not provided the correct paper work/value as PP said.

parcelforce.com/hel…eld

I hope you get it sorted! As i can imagine it was alot of money for laptop. Was it a ebay chinese seller?
Original Poster
Thank you for the support guys. My order was shipped by a Chinese logistics company called "JCEX". I will take your advice SOUTHWALES.

Tiddly, I cannot disclose the name of the merchant as they have been suspended from HUKD. My previous thread was deleted by a moderator as I mentioned the name of the company.

Additional comment:

Based on SOUTHWALES' advice I have raised a ticket stating the following with the merchant's customer support team:

Dear NAME OF CHINESE RETAILER,

I have still not received my package.

Please be informed, you have 48 hours to locate my package or I will be opening a dispute with PayPal for a full refund.

Kind regards,

Liam
Edited by: "Liam2485" 15th Dec 2017
odd you can't mention name of dealer as you should be able to so that other members are aware of problems with this retailer.
Original Poster
mutley129 m ago

odd you can't mention name of dealer as you should be able to so that …odd you can't mention name of dealer as you should be able to so that other members are aware of problems with this retailer.

I agree, I feel obliged as a consumer to make joe public aware.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants