Chipped Playstation 1..... (?)

8 replies
Found 4th May 2010
I've been given a Playstation 1, and it is supposedly chipped but I have no means of testing this out. Is there anyway of knowing if it has been chipped? I would have no idea about opening it up.

8 Comments

Banned

they were chipped to run games copied to a normal cd-r

i suppose if you could find a game download for ps1, and burn to cd-r

but its been years!

should still be able to find ISO files on torrent sites. download one and burn to disk and just see what happens i guess!

Banned

Open it up and have a look, should be quicker than downloading and burning a game.

didnt u used to just need a spring?

Banned

SOSAGES;8527680

didnt u used to just need a spring?

Older ones you did, newer ones needed chipping.

I used blu tack on mine.

Original Poster

If I opened it up I honestly would have no idea what I would be looking for.

I also realise that this is about 10 years too late! It probably doesn't have any benefits now as it's way outdated. Was just curious if there was an easy way to see if it was definitely chipped.

Do chipped ones play NTSC games?

Banned

Ahh takes me back

xcookx;8527722

If I opened it up I honestly would have no idea what I would be looking … If I opened it up I honestly would have no idea what I would be looking for.I also realise that this is about 10 years too late! It probably doesn't have any benefits now as it's way outdated. Was just curious if there was an easy way to see if it was definitely chipped.Do chipped ones play NTSC games?

Yes it bypasses region lockout and lets you play backups.

TBH I never used the chipped consoles as I heard they alter the laser speed meaning it wears out quicker.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Trade in/Sell value for Nintendo SNES mini at CEX??23
    2. Black friday mobile deals44
    3. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset33
    4. Tesco Mobile, sims11

See more discussions