Groups

chipped teeth advice please?!

Hello! I have 2 teeth in my mouth that are like fangs on either side (2 teeth away from my front two teeth).

These 2 fangs are chipped and have been for a while but its making me worried as I dont like them being chipped. They are chipped on the edges of these teeth.

My question is can the dentist repair them? Can he do this on the NHS? I chipped one of my front teeth last year and he repaired it, but will he repair this? I dont like to smile as I am worried about this now. What do you think?

9 Comments

If they are damaged then they would be repaired. If you have a NHS dentist then it will be done on the NHS

Can repair but long term will probably need capping. Had my front tooth repaired about 3 times before I got fed up with going back to get it re-done

I have an NHS dentist but I still have to pay, it's only if you receive benefits or are on maternity then you don't pay. In the past when i've had a filling I have been told the NHS price and then offered a white filling for a private patient fee.

I have a chip to one of my bottom teeth (trying to open a lid!) and as it's only a little chip the dentist won't repair it, however when I broke my front tooth, the damage was such that iit needed repairing and it was capped at a cost of about £350.

So I think if they are not that bad but they bother you, you would have to have them done privatly. But i would speak to your dentist and get his/her opinion.

just say that they are rubbing on your lips and they will repair them.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I dont pay for dentist will give them a call and see what they say

I had a surfing acident and smashed my face into the seabed, resulting in me chipping my 2 front teeth, i never had them corrected but a few months ago i used a nail file to file them down, worked a treat, jumped a few times hitting nerves but all good now!

Wouldnt recommend it though!

bargainhunter2009;4348678

Thanks everyone. I dont pay for dentist will give them a call and see … Thanks everyone. I dont pay for dentist will give them a call and see what they say

ok good luck. hope you get them sorted

If you've got a dental school nearby give them a try. My mates ex was in her 4th year and after I chipped my front teeth (drunken beer bottle fun) she got me in and fixed them no probs. It helps towards their credits and she said they are always looking for people to train on. admittedly i'd have been wary letting a 1st year loose on my teeth but its free.

leeroy;4349749

I had a surfing acident and smashed my face into the seabed, resulting in … I had a surfing acident and smashed my face into the seabed, resulting in me chipping my 2 front teeth, i never had them corrected but a few months ago i used a nail file to file them down, worked a treat, jumped a few times hitting nerves but all good now!Wouldnt recommend it though!

:lol: :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any advice on mobile networks.1114
      2. No claims discount proof - Help needed33
      3. Keter 6x4 shed.33
      4. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid22

See more discussions