Groups

Chipping Wii's at a Market / Carboot

Is this legal or a grey area?

Any help appretiated

7 Comments

as long as you have no illegal coppies or offer any copied games then its fine the chipping is not illegal its what it is used for that is i think.

Banned

grahamh1981;6209185

as long as you have no illegal coppies or offer any copied games then its … as long as you have no illegal coppies or offer any copied games then its fine the chipping is not illegal its what it is used for that is i think.

that correct, although wether people would have it done at a boot sale???? how would they know it worked?? and who carrys there wii to car boot sales anyway???

Original Poster

Cool might add it to my services, currently unlocking phones / selling chargers etc, lucky enough the boot sales I do can offer power. People know me since I have been trading at 2 boot sales for 4 years so should get a few. Was just worried about legal issues.

bum-trumpet;6209472

Cool might add it to my services, currently unlocking phones / selling … Cool might add it to my services, currently unlocking phones / selling chargers etc, lucky enough the boot sales I do can offer power. People know me since I have been trading at 2 boot sales for 4 years so should get a few. Was just worried about legal issues.

only crazy fools would pay to have their Wii chipped when its free to softmod!! :whistling:

It can be done for free --check youtube , you just need a Micro SD card and a card reader to get the files off your PC --dont get it chipped !
    PM if your stuck--I had to buy a copy of Zelda to do mine , but no need for that now.

check the law. As of a few years ago modification is illegal. Trading standards are unlikely to care if you do it in your home but doing it for money is technically illegal.

alternate;6244335

check the law. As of a few years ago modification is illegal. Trading … check the law. As of a few years ago modification is illegal. Trading standards are unlikely to care if you do it in your home but doing it for money is technically illegal.

+1 :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?11
      2. Ditched Sky1113
      3. Tough Doggy Ball Recommendations, Please?914
      4. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)56

See more discussions