Chips from chicken shops: which brand they use?

Banned
So you know the chips the chicken shops use which are half-way between french fries and the 'normal' cut chips you find in supermarkets? Well this fine balance of cut seems to be just right, but curiously only available to purchase from chicken shops, I smell a conspiracy! (or vegetable oil).

Anyway, why can't I just walk into a supermarket and find on the shelf sitting some nice chicken shop style chips? which I can fry at home and after tasting say: 'these are just like the chips from the chicken shops!' And it's not just chips either, it's chicken burgers, even the mayo which seem to be 'exclusive' to chicken shops only, the mystery deepens...

Before I really lose the plot, can someone please point me in the direction of the elusive chicken shop chips? The chicken burgers would be a bonus, and I wouldn't mind a bit of mayo.

43 Comments

Go to the chicken shop and ask them

Value, Smartprice.

Banned

heres an idea - buy some potatoes and cut them to size lol

i always use a variety called english chippers m8 they make solid good chips

singer

My kebab house does fantastic burgers. I just went in and asked where they got them. They told me where and even gave me the label from the box to ensure I got the right ones.
They go down great at family barbies! And £14 for a box of 48 Quarter pounders.

(Marfast in Cheetham Hill for any Mancs interested)

PraxxtorCruel

Value, Smartprice.

Hello my son.

[quote=deek72]My kebab house does

Hello my son.

Hello DaD!. Good to see your still around, you can't leave yet, I have lots to learn.
Edited by: "PraxxtorCruel" 10th Aug 2010

PraxxtorCruel

Hello DaD!. Good to see your still around, you can't leave yet, I have … Hello DaD!. Good to see your still around, you can't leave yet, I have lots to learn.

Lol.

Banned

I have never heard of a chicken shop oO

deek72

My kebab house does fantastic burgers. I just went in and asked where … My kebab house does fantastic burgers. I just went in and asked where they got them. They told me where and even gave me the label from the box to ensure I got the right ones.They go down great at family barbies! And £14 for a box of 48 Quarter pounders.(Marfast in Cheetham Hill for any Mancs interested) :pHello my son.

I don't venture into Cheetham Hill if i can help it lol

deb8z

I don't venture into Cheetham Hill if i can help it lol

It's not so bad if you plan it carefully! If you go about 9am,quickly dart in then out with your burgers, you should be ok

eeew chicken shop mayo is rank but as above try macro etc or ask in the shop

Banned

Chicken shop? KFC?

master_chief

Chicken shop? KFC?

or maryland fc
baltimore fc
southern fc
halal fc
and
Tennessee, Mississippi and Dixi

1) buy a chicken shop,
2) steal their recipes,
3) sell the chicken shop
Problem = Solved

Asda smartprice fry chips are great - I think they're about as close as you'll get.

Banned

dcx_badass

People eat in those discusting dirty take aways?

No, they generally take the food away.

even the mayo which seem to be 'exclusive' to chicken shops only, the … even the mayo which seem to be 'exclusive' to chicken shops only, the mystery deepens...

every man has access to the manufacturing process for chicken shop mayo...

numptyj

every man has access to the manufacturing process for chicken shop … every man has access to the manufacturing process for chicken shop mayo...:p

as i said earlier, its rank

yr a durty bogger you are numpty

michelleleemoo

as i said earlier, its rankyr a durty bogger you are numpty

Banned

deek72

My kebab house does fantastic burgers. I just went in and asked where … My kebab house does fantastic burgers. I just went in and asked where they got them. They told me where and even gave me the label from the box to ensure I got the right ones.They go down great at family barbies! And £14 for a box of 48 Quarter pounders.(Marfast in Cheetham Hill for any Mancs interested) :pHello my son.

I don't want an invite to your bbq

The ones you are after I believe are called Pommes Frittes - I think you can buy them in Aldi/Lidl - Not sure but I have seen them in use in kebab shops before. Deep fried obviously.

And another thing, with regs to the chicken burgers etc, I would say by going to your local Farm Foods would give you pretty much identical to what they sell in the kebab shops (cheap shizzle basically)

Banned

do people actually have deep fat friers still?? Absolutely disgusting habit , your house will stink and your clothes , ever heard of OVEN CHIPS ......this is the 21st century you know

goldmax

do people actually have deep fat friers still?? Absolutely disgusting … do people actually have deep fat friers still?? Absolutely disgusting habit , your house will stink and your clothes , ever heard of OVEN CHIPS ......this is the 21st century you know

Oven chips taste rank in comparison to fried chips.

Banned

ryouga

are you still trying to loose weight??

goldmax

are you still trying to loose weight??

Yep and I dont have a chip fryer btw just saying.

DLM

I don't want an invite to your bbq

Well it's your loss! I'll have you know that I do the best barbies this side of Queens park

Banned

deek72

Well it's your loss! I'll have you know that I do the best barbies this … Well it's your loss! I'll have you know that I do the best barbies this side of Queens park

I will only eat meat that is from the UK because I am a tree-hugger

Banned

ryouga

Yep and I dont have a chip fryer btw just saying.

well I find if you cook oven chips long enough they are nice tasting and crispy, chipshop chips are always soggy

DLM

I will only eat meat that is from the UK because I am a tree-hugger

Cheetham Hill IS in the UK Anyway,I could always get you a couple of Quorn burgers in. (Vom)

deek72

Cheetham Hill IS in the UK

Anyway,I could always get you a couple of Quorn burgers in. (Vom)

Banned

deek72

Cheetham Hill IS in the UK Anyway,I could always get you a couple of … Cheetham Hill IS in the UK Anyway,I could always get you a couple of Quorn burgers in. (Vom)

You are desperate to meet me aren't you

goldmax

well I find if you cook oven chips long enough they are nice tasting and … well I find if you cook oven chips long enough they are nice tasting and crispy, chipshop chips are always soggy

I dont want to go to your local chippy if their soggy! Yuk

Edited by: "ilovepink" 10th Aug 2010

aircanman

The ones you are after I believe are called Pommes Frittes - I think you … The ones you are after I believe are called Pommes Frittes - I think you can buy them in Aldi/Lidl - Not sure but I have seen them in use in kebab shops before. Deep fried obviously.

Caught my local getting their fries from LIDL , cost £1.00 for a massive bag.........Never went there again....

jcaho7

Caught my local getting their fries from LIDL , cost £1.00 for a massive … Caught my local getting their fries from LIDL , cost £1.00 for a massive bag.........Never went there again....

Did you honestly think they bought them from marks and spencers?

jcaho7

Caught my local getting their fries from LIDL , cost £1.00 for a massive … Caught my local getting their fries from LIDL , cost £1.00 for a massive bag.........Never went there again....

Is that a joke ! hope so lol

Seriously..... The guy had a whole trolley of those LIDL chips. Couple of days later i went in to get chicken & chips......and bingo it was the guy, using those bloody LIDL chips !!!!...........Never ever went there again......The chips had a spicy taste !!! oO

whats the chicken shop?

Banned

ryouga

+1

I generally stick to oven chips cos of fat content, convenience, house stinkout but nothing beats freshly cooked homemade chips from a fryer with fresh oil
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861854
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846141
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1968
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183823

See more discussions