chloride motive power 21 80v465 overnight charger fault

Posted 3rd Apr 2019
Hi, we have a lansing 80v forklift at work, we have a fault with the charger. When I put it on charge we get a reading of 0.06 or thereabouts then an Error 5 code. It just refuses to charge. I've tried looking online but can't find anything about it at all.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Are you sure the charger is faulty. If it's working and shows 0.06 the battery is nackered and it won't charge as it's just too low. Test the battery with a multimeter can't see it being at 0.06 volts really.
MynameisM2 h, 19 m ago

Are you sure the charger is faulty. If it's working and shows 0.06 the …Are you sure the charger is faulty. If it's working and shows 0.06 the battery is nackered and it won't charge as it's just too low. Test the battery with a multimeter can't see it being at 0.06 volts really.

Used a multimeter on the forklift cable contacts and it shows roughly 80 volts, but the dial on the dash was showing amber then it went to two flashing red but still shows an error 5. It shows 0.06 for about 4 seconds after plugging the forklift cable to the charger cable before giving the error 5.
Forklift engineer is coming to our workplace tomorrow with a new fuse for the charger I think? I'm not too clued up about the maintenance side of things, I just drive them so can't give a too technical reply, but I appreciate any help
Edited by: "JohnIIIrd" 3rd Apr 2019
It was the output fuse, which had blown.
JohnIIIrd4th Apr

It was the output fuse, which had blown.

Glad you got it sorted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants