Expired

Chocolate Dundee Biscuits

Found 24th Oct 2014
I used to get these in school about 20 year ago or so. I only know them as that name. they were like a big shortbread biscuit with thick chocolate underneath and like a picture of a scottish looking bloke on it

does anywhere sell these anywhere, i dont know if dundee was a company name or the style of biscuit or what
Community Updates
6 Comments
We got some from bury market
mark4angy

We got some from bury market

not been there for a while. i found one fancy biscuit company who do em but they aren't the same as the old ones. its about 1.80 for 4 of em to!

just didn't know if some big company did a version of em. like mcvities or whatever
Cadbury chocolate shortcake taste the same £1in asda
Edited by: "ding" 25th Oct 2014
ding

Cadbury chocolate shortcake taste the same £1in asda

Ill check those out , thanks
Dundee biscuits

Last updated: Wednesday 15 Feb 2006
Status Missing presumed discontinued
Description
Sold in stacks of five or six, wrapped as per Eccles cakes (i.e. in clear cellophane);
Approx. 3-4 inches across (as a kid this would have been 12-18 inches);
Shortbread-type base;
Circular, with a slightly crimped edge;
Rich chocolatey topping;
Chunky grains of sugar stuck to the underside;
The word DUNDEE visible on the underside (standing proud rather than embossed), written in a rugby-ball shape, so the initial D and trailing E were smaller than the rest, the central ND the biggest of all letters.
Thanks to Peter Lee for this detailed description.
Mark Conby writes

The Dundee biscuit was manufactured by a company called Broadhurst biscuits up to the early 80's, when i believe that the companys manufacturing site in Gadbrook Northwich was sold (I think) to Burtons. The factory was closed soon after and production of the Dundee was moved to Utoxeter (near Alton Towers). I'm positive it was then discontinued in the early 90's despite attempts to bolster sales with the introduction of a delightful minty variant.
Terry got in touch to say
Just to let you know a company in Darwin Lancs are producing a Chocolate Dundee biscuit They are called Cottage Cookies, 17 Brunswick Street, Darwin, Lancashire
daisysmama

Dundee biscuitsLast updated: Wednesday 15 Feb 2006Status Missing presumed … Dundee biscuitsLast updated: Wednesday 15 Feb 2006Status Missing presumed discontinuedDescription Sold in stacks of five or six, wrapped as per Eccles cakes (i.e. in clear cellophane);Approx. 3-4 inches across (as a kid this would have been 12-18 inches);Shortbread-type base;Circular, with a slightly crimped edge;Rich chocolatey topping;Chunky grains of sugar stuck to the underside;The word DUNDEE visible on the underside (standing proud rather than embossed), written in a rugby-ball shape, so the initial D and trailing E were smaller than the rest, the central ND the biggest of all letters.Thanks to Peter Lee for this detailed description.Mark Conby writesThe Dundee biscuit was manufactured by a company called Broadhurst biscuits up to the early 80's, when i believe that the companys manufacturing site in Gadbrook Northwich was sold (I think) to Burtons. The factory was closed soon after and production of the Dundee was moved to Utoxeter (near Alton Towers). I'm positive it was then discontinued in the early 90's despite attempts to bolster sales with the introduction of a delightful minty variant.Terry got in touch to sayJust to let you know a company in Darwin Lancs are producing a Chocolate Dundee biscuit They are called Cottage Cookies, 17 Brunswick Street, Darwin, Lancashire

id seen those cottage cookie dundee biscuits. think i spotted them in some museum gift shops once in either manchester or liverpool.

i found a recipe online so i might try replicate em myself sometime

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants