Found 22nd Sep 2009
Thinking of sending the above to a male 'friend' for his bday next week...just wondering if anyone has sent/recieved one before and what they thought of it? Thought he would appreciate this more than normal flowers but will look a bit crap if its cheap choc and looks daft....cheers

42 Comments

He's a guy, send him a bottle of JD or something along those lines.

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6362156

He's a guy, send him a bottle of JD or something along those lines.

he has more than enough alcohol...people always buy him that as gifts and he ever gets round to drinking it thought this would be a bit different...

Banned

oh wow, never heard of these, you got a linkie

Oh wow I've never heard of this before but it sounds amazing, do you have a link?

send him a fleshlight.

is this to the uhm, friend you told me about babe?

Lemme deliver em to him and i'll kick his shins for ya too lol xxxx

Original Poster

sassie;6362168

oh wow, never heard of these, you got a linkie

tessb;6362170

Oh wow I've never heard of this before but it sounds amazing, do you have … Oh wow I've never heard of this before but it sounds amazing, do you have a link?

theflowerstork.com/gbu…tml just an example of the site im looking at ATM...nothing special really...would love to find somewhere that actually makes choc flowers in a bouquet but they basically get little chocs and make them look like flowers at a quick glance

Banned

lil_tiger;6362183

http://www.theflowerstork.com/gbu0-catshow/for_him_chocolate_gift_bouquets.html just an example of the site im looking at ATM...nothing special really...would love to find somewhere that actually makes choc flowers in a bouquet but they basically get little chocs and make them look like flowers at a quick glance

doh i thought you meant chocolate made flowers :w00t:

I'd love to know what these look like too, they'd be a great gift!

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6362178

is this to the uhm, friend you told me about babe? Lemme deliver em to … is this to the uhm, friend you told me about babe? Lemme deliver em to him and i'll kick his shins for ya too lol xxxx

...ermmmm :whistling:
sassie;6362200

doh i thought you meant chocolate made flowers :w00t:

lol i know...im not sure if ]these roses are made of choc or not....kinda confusin

Banned

have to say i don't personally like them, think they just look like chocs wrapped tackily

Original Poster

tessb;6362217

I'd love to know what these look like too, they'd be a great gift!

well if i get some ill let you know....if i get to know what they look like....he will prob just open em n eat em...ya know what fellas are like eh.....I would be keepin em til the choc went off if it was me....I thought it might be a good idea thats all...not sure if im changing my mind

Banned

lil_tiger;6362218

...ermmmm :whistling:lol i know...im not sure if ]these roses are made of … ...ermmmm :whistling:lol i know...im not sure if ]these roses are made of choc or not....kinda confusin

probably just choccy balls wrapped in red paper

Original Poster

sassie;6362225

have to say i don't personally like them, think they just look like chocs … have to say i don't personally like them, think they just look like chocs wrapped tackily

yeah thats what im trying to avoid...hence searching....it seems to be a great idea but no1 does them as everyone would expect...dont really mind what i pay if they look good

Banned

why not just go with flowers anyway if you cant fnd something else, dont men like flowers?

check these beasts out! ]Linky :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sitesample.buzzsites.net/pag…cfm

what dya recon to the one at the bottom of that page? looks like summat a kid made IMO but think theyre gettin better lol

Original Poster

sassie;6362268

why not just go with flowers anyway if you cant fnd something else, dont … why not just go with flowers anyway if you cant fnd something else, dont men like flowers?

ermmmm I guess so but they would prob be dead in a couple a days :roll:
scottydont;6362270

wow...thats crazy! photoshopped i guess?

Banned

scottydont;6362270

wow, just wow
lil_tiger;6362275

http://www.sitesample.buzzsites.net/page/roses_41.cfmwhat dya recon to … http://www.sitesample.buzzsites.net/page/roses_41.cfmwhat dya recon to the one at the bottom of that page? looks like summat a kid made IMO but think theyre gettin better lol

i think its a waste, £45 for a couple of chocs, why not just go for a luxurious box of choccies

I personally would not like to recieve these but that is just me your friend might like them, agree with other members though about the fact they look abit of a rip for what you are getting £45 would be better spent on something else. only my personal thoughts :thumbsup:

scottydont;6362324

I personally would not like to recieve these but that is just me your … I personally would not like to recieve these but that is just me your friend might like them, agree with other members though about the fact they look abit of a rip for what you are getting £45 would be better spent on something else. only my personal thoughts :thumbsup:

i have to agree with you i would of never though of sending a fella chocolates like these. maybe a giftcard or something or maybe a nice tshirt or some aftershave.

Original Poster

sassie;6362295

i think its a waste, £45 for a couple of chocs, why not just go for a … i think its a waste, £45 for a couple of chocs, why not just go for a luxurious box of choccies

cos chocs are normal what dya recon to ]these? I know their just strawberries in choc and dont look all that much like flowers lol...but theyre the closes iv got...:thinking: thought it would be easier to find something i like lol

he likes chocolate doesnt he cos he was looking for it in tesco the other day?

Original Poster

scottydont;6362324

I personally would not like to recieve these but that is just me your … I personally would not like to recieve these but that is just me your friend might like them, agree with other members though about the fact they look abit of a rip for what you are getting £45 would be better spent on something else. only my personal thoughts :thumbsup:

greyparrot;6362361

i have to agree with you i would of never though of sending a fella … i have to agree with you i would of never though of sending a fella chocolates like these. maybe a giftcard or something or maybe a nice tshirt or some aftershave.

I know...I agree with both of you also but he has everything lol....earns loads so a giftcard would be kinda pointless (If he wanted something that didnt have thought put into it then he could go get it himself) as for clothes....I dont really like sizing other people up...can never get it right and wouldnt wanna insult/embarras him...and I have bought him countless bottles of aftershave lol.....he has all the gadgets any fella can want and dvd/games he aquires himself so again....not a good idea

I just wanted to get him something different that had a bit of thought put into it thats all....can anyone else think of anything quirky then if not these? lol

but will look a bit crap if its cheap choc and looks daft.

You've hit the nail on the head right there.

Banned

lil_tiger;6362366

cos chocs are normal what dya recon to ]these? I know their just … cos chocs are normal what dya recon to ]these? I know their just strawberries in choc and dont look all that much like flowers lol...but theyre the closes iv got...:thinking: thought it would be easier to find something i like lol

dont really like, dont know what sort of friend he is but how about a beautiful piccie frame with a nice pic of you and him, or just you or just him, in it

If he is a chocolate lover try:
hotelchocolat.co.uk/
They do some lovely chocolate...my girlfriend bought me some for my birthday last week and it was delish!

Banned

what about a donation to a charity, or one of them name a star things, or that sort of thing, a laird of somewhere maybe

Original Poster

sassie;6362422

dont really like, dont know what sort of friend he is but how about a … dont really like, dont know what sort of friend he is but how about a beautiful piccie frame with a nice pic of you and him, or just you or just him, in it

scottydont;6362443

how about one of these, I was recently bought one as my friend told me … how about one of these, I was recently bought one as my friend told me that they didnt know what to get someone who has everything s+ball+scratcher+exact&eng=google&adg=Gentlemans_Ball_Scratcher&kw=Gentleman's+Ball+Scratcher+e&utm_term=Gentleman's+Ball+Scratcher+Exact"]Clickhere :thumbsup:

lol thanks for both suggestions...repped but i dont think these would be the best idea for my situation

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6362471

If he is a chocolate lover try:http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/They do … If he is a chocolate lover try:http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/They do some lovely chocolate...my girlfriend bought me some for my birthday last week and it was delish!

yeah I have heard they're nice....was always a next option if I couldnt find something that looked special as well as tasted special repped x
sassie;6362479

what about a donation to a charity, or one of them name a star things, or … what about a donation to a charity, or one of them name a star things, or that sort of thing, a laird of somewhere maybe

again v good ideas but not really his thing lol...i can remember looking through things like that last year....will have another look though to see if there's any new experiences etc

Banned

oh just **** him

Original Poster

sassie;6362516

oh just **** him

lol...you have nooooooo idea :roll: but I might go round and say...."well sassie says i gotta so...."

Banned

lil_tiger;6362566

lol...you have nooooooo idea :roll: but I might go round and say...."well … lol...you have nooooooo idea :roll: but I might go round and say...."well sassie says i gotta so...."

yeah, ide go with that, given the chance - pmsl

Original Poster

sassie;6362578

yeah, ide go with that, given the chance - pmsl

lol...thanks for makin me laugh IOU rep......but not sure it will work :oops:

lil_tiger;6362512

yeah I have heard they're nice....was always a next option if I couldnt … yeah I have heard they're nice....was always a next option if I couldnt find something that looked special as well as tasted special repped x

well i tried 5 different types of bars from there and they were all lovely! :-D

sassie;6362516

oh just **** him

Good presant!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6362647

well i tried 5 different types of bars from there and they were all … well i tried 5 different types of bars from there and they were all lovely! :-D

just lookin on the site now....gotta say they dont look too special do they but they are really quite cheap! cheaper than I expected anyways...I just wish they did a range that looked extra special :x I think I may email them with the suggestion and see if i get any freebies :-D

which ones did you try....out of curiosity

]http//ed…spx

sorry linked ya to the american one, fixed it now.

]http//ww…ame

The ones with the gorillas are cool.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage66
    2. Best watches under £500?55
    3. What shoes are these?33
    4. Samsung UE50MU6120KXXU or LG 55UJ630V34

See more discussions