Chocolates

Posted 30th Jan
Hi there. Want to treat the wife to a luxury box of chocolates for here birthday. When I googled this subject I came up with lots of different options. looking for any recommendations/value for money please.

Thank you

John
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Hey,
Can you explain a little what kind of chocolate she prefers? If it's more sweet with different fillings or plain black with nuts? Or you prefer a combination of different ones?
I like Hotel Chocolat
analisalisa30/01/2020 09:44

Hey, Can you explain a little what kind of chocolate she prefers? If it's …Hey, Can you explain a little what kind of chocolate she prefers? If it's more sweet with different fillings or plain black with nuts? Or you prefer a combination of different ones?

I know it doesn't really help but any chocolate. I suppose if u was to say anything she would like a variety rather than one type in a box
Can't go wrong with Godiva chocolate!

You'll find them online as well as Selfridges and Harrods
2nd vote for Hotel Chocolat
3rd vote for Hotel Chocolat.
4th vote for Hotel Chocolat
I think Hotel Chocolat are really nice but not particularly good value for money if you're considering that when purchasing. When you get the sleekster boxes you can select a "Happy Birthday" gift sleeve for free though which adds a nice touch. The patisserie sleekster is particularly nice if she is a fan of desserts

If you want something better value that still tastes great and looks nice then I think Lindt are a great option. I've never been disappointed with any of their chocolates and if you go to one of their shops (or look online) they have a good variety of boxed chocolates available.
m1keyp1key30/01/2020 11:21

4th vote for Hotel Chocolat

Me too.

Especially like the fortified selection.
Hotel chocolat seem to win on the marketing/sales but I'm always unimpressed when I eat them. Usually far too sweet and some very dubious flavour combos.
Another for hotel chocolate. Never been disappointed
mas9930/01/2020 12:04

Hotel chocolat seem to win on the marketing/sales but I'm always …Hotel chocolat seem to win on the marketing/sales but I'm always unimpressed when I eat them. Usually far too sweet and some very dubious flavour combos.

I don't like them either.
Booja Booja are pretty darn good, especially the champagne truffles
Find a local chocolate shop and choose the chocolates individually. Then it’s swayed to her taste and seems more thoughtful and romantic.
39797737-7Bbqc.jpg
Everything else is just pretentious bollards. Larger boxes = more space between the choclits.
Full size 54.5g Double Deckers 19p at Home Bargains Salisbury Bourne Retail Park dated 5/02/2020 (loads left) Unrelated to the thread but just relating to the post above.
Edited by: "consume" 30th Jan
If you would like a recommendation for some amazing chocolate, try Cocoa Cave Chocolate shop online, based near Peterborough and attends local farmers markets but also sells online.. Really lovely 'clean' taste, not cheap but well worth a treat
If you live near Ely then Cherry Hill Chocolates are amazing. Not sure if they sell online but worth a look.
I have gifted a box of Lauden chocolates and got very good feedback; they are also served in First class on British Airways. A few other nice options in my experience are Prestat and Chococo if you want to stick with UK makers.
punji30/01/2020 10:23

Can't go wrong with Godiva chocolate!You'll find them online as well as …Can't go wrong with Godiva chocolate!You'll find them online as well as Selfridges and Harrods

I randomly spotted these in morrisons earlier too
Hotel Chocolat

I don't go in very often as it's dear shop but I'd be impressed if I got a gift from there
Looks like I'm going with Chococo guy's. Thanks for your help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants