Groups

Choice to make, Visa or American Express for booking flights

Hi all,

I'm about to book flights to Florida with Continental Airlines, but don't know which card is best to book on for coverage etc, if the airline goes bust etc. Visa or American Express. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

6 Comments

Is one a credit card? Then that one, if not visa.

Original Poster

Both are credit cards, visa and american express.

Banned

whichever gives you more cashback, it make no difference, unless one offers you some kind of extra cover that others dont

Original Poster

The only reason I ask is when the recession started everyone was being told to use visa to make online purchases. American express gives me better cashback, but wanted to know if this was as safe as visa.

gimmeabargain;8477176

The only reason I ask is when the recession started everyone was being … The only reason I ask is when the recession started everyone was being told to use visa to make online purchases. American express gives me better cashback, but wanted to know if this was as safe as visa.

Credit cards have all the same level of protection due to the consumer credit act.

How much surcharge is there for paying with a credit card?
    If that is high then use whichever card gives the best benefits ie. insurance etc, but only pay a small deposit of £10. Buy the ticket on your debit card for the rest avoiding high surcharge fees but still gaining full credit protection for the full cost of the tickets from your card provider.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2497
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4171851
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764647
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions