Expired

Cholinergic Urticaria

7 replies
Found 26th Jan 2010
dermnetnz.org/rea…tml

Long shot, If you do/did suffer from this have you found a cure or what was the cure?

(Ive been on 7 drugs including steroids and nothing works)

Cheers

If your interested in my case devereux.me/?pa…=54 (password urticaria)

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Hi, i get something similar though not as severe as yours from exposure to sunlight sometimes, i found the only thing that helps is benadryl (sp) antihistamines but it takes a few weeks to clear it up, i have to take them all summer to try and prevent it

sorry i dont have a definitive cure for you :-(
hope you find something that helps,
Bev

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;7667313

http://devereux.me/?page_id=54

Cheers also link to the condition ]here
snowy;7667444

Hi, i get something similar though not as severe as yours from exposure … Hi, i get something similar though not as severe as yours from exposure to sunlight sometimes, i found the only thing that helps is benadryl (sp) antihistamines but it takes a few weeks to clear it up, i have to take them all summer to try and prevent itsorry i dont have a definitive cure for you :-(hope you find something that helps,Bev

Hello, ah thats called solar urticaria. Along the same line as cholinergic apart from mines a reaction to heat. Thants for the recommendation for benadryl, afraid ive already tried that and it didn't work. Summers awful for me too, can hardly go out and if i do I get itchy and stared at by people wondering what the dots are on my skin :p. Thanks for the help though - really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Dr HUKD here for all your medical needs

Original Poster

numptyj;7667568

Dr HUKD here for all your medical needs

To be honest, for anything else I would never think about posting on HUKD however, as cures are far and few between and I've had Dr's saying to me theirs nothing else they can do, I resort to trying to find cures myself.

Does calamine lotion help? perhaps if it's itchy at night?

Original Poster

bellabonkers;7677499

Does calamine lotion help? perhaps if it's itchy at night?

Cheers, for your input I've tried calamine lotion before and it hasn't helped much. I'm seeing a dermatologist again next week so im going to try and press for some lotion that I can use to sooth it however the dermatologists don't seem to have many creams that can help it :x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions