Groups

Choosing a website name

I have come up with the following name for a project I just got round to actually finishing, and come up with a few names, what is your favourite

Site is a trading platform for non businesses

Trader-camp
    Trader-Inn
    Trader-alley
    Trader-market
    UK-traders

I am also looking at a few others, is it worth going for a name with trade or market in it, or go with something different (like hukd did with folk (no resemblance with name and service))

Cheers guys

11 Comments

Banned

reported for self promotion! :w00t:

Fae, you ought to know better than anyone.... if the site name is likely to be part of a search, it will get a higher google rating than some flash play on words (or letters) Obviously, if the site is set for global domination or search doesnt matter.. then go the flashy name route.

Original Poster

guv;8770772

reported for self promotion! :w00t:Fae, you ought to know better than … reported for self promotion! :w00t:Fae, you ought to know better than anyone.... if the site name is likely to be part of a search, it will get a higher google rating than some flash play on words (or letters)

I am not self promoting as I not gonna say what one I chose

I am a techie and not a "thinker" :thumbsup:

Yeah I know but using a name that says nothing about what you do can work, as you can make it memorable like fo.lk and it means being different...

Banned

faevilangel;8770774

I am not self promoting as I not gonna say what one I chose .

Well it wont be one of those.... ive just bought them all! :w00t:

BTW.. I think FO.LK is a particularly horrible use of this type of thing.

Original Poster

guv;8770778

Well it wont be one of those.... ive just bought them all! :w00t:BTW.. I … Well it wont be one of those.... ive just bought them all! :w00t:BTW.. I think FO.LK is a particularly horrible use of this type of thing.

I do too, but it's memorable... rather than a generic name...but they did need more thought :w00t:

Do you know of the new .agent domain extension?

Thus you can have [url]www.trade.agent[/url]

Which to me sounds amazingly cool.

Get it=agent&checkit=Check+Domain"] here if you're interested

Banned

faevilangel;8770783

I do too, but it's memorable... rather than a generic name...but they did … I do too, but it's memorable... rather than a generic name...but they did need more thought :w00t:

Its memerable... for the wrong reasons though. As in "god who thought up that pants name".

Anyway... you know my views. And obviously it still needs to be as short as possible.

Nothing worse than a Mary Poppins websire called [url]www.supercallafragalisticexpealidoucious.co.uk[/url]

Banned

WalnutSoap;8770790

Do you know of the new .agent domain extension?Thus you can have … Do you know of the new .agent domain extension?Thus you can have [url]www.trade.agent[/url] Which to me sounds amazingly cool.Get it=agent&checkit=Check+Domain"] here if you're interested

Outragious! $35 for a sub domain!

Original Poster

guv;8770797

Outragious! $35 for a sub domain!

Exactly, and I have never heard of it too.... Just stick to the common endings like .com, .co.uk and .net

I don't think sub domains will "stick" as they are cheap, look nasty and are hugely expensive e.g. .uk.com is £65 :w00t:

Original Poster

coerce86;8770798

hukd2.comXD

Wouldn't want to copy hukd, as seen many come along and always fail

I have recently set up a website to sell items, what is the best way to promote it to get visitors. I know there are google ads etc but want to make sure the money is working hard for the visits I get in return...

Any help??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions