Groups
    EXPIRED

Choosing glasses plastic or metal

When you choose spectacles do you go for plastic or metal rims and why ?

11 Comments

I go for metal, they bend without breaking, and the frames tend to be thinner.

I like plastic, light weight, stylish frames,hardly ever break and if you need to adjust the arms just use a hair dryer.

Metal. if you have kids you will know why.

Plastic because they're more trendy, though metal are probably more practical, lighter and easier to fix.

Plastic because they are lighter and more comfortable, they don't bend out of shape, they are more fashionable and come in a big range of colours......and because metal frames always remind me of accountants and retired grandads!

Banned

Plastic they are comfortable light and fashionable and a wider choice to choose from

Banned

Metal ones are lighter and thinner, less intrusive on the face. I prefer them myself, got some purple ones from Specsavers, nice and light. Plastic ones are trendy but thick and make more of a statement.

If you go on Specsavers website, you can actually try them on a photo of you, it works a treat, that's how I chose mine.
    Here is the link pilot.specsavers.co.uk/try/
    Edited by: "FreyaWhite" 7th Jul 2014

plastic.... easier to hide explosives in at the airport.....

stealth666

plastic.... easier to hide explosives in at the airport.....

Really really stupid comment.

Plastic normally. But when you have kids it has to be metal because little enquiring hands pull at them and plastic and children do not mix well together.

Good point Freya. I didn't know you could do that on specsavers. I am going to have a look at that later on.

I always have plastic ones, I find them much lighter. I get mine from spec savers, the product name is 'Demi', they were £25 so not expensive at all.

Banned

Dominatez

Really really stupid comment.Plastic normally. But when you have kids it … Really really stupid comment.Plastic normally. But when you have kids it has to be metal because little enquiring hands pull at them and plastic and children do not mix well together.Good point Freya. I didn't know you could do that on specsavers. I am going to have a look at that later on.

Yes it's pretty good.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup11
      2. Cheapest Place to Buy Half Decent LED Bulbs - Bayonet & Spots11
      3. cheap glasses websites78
      4. DPD international?33

See more discussions