Groups

Christmas Cracker help please

I need about 600 Christmas crackers suitable for children for an upcoming event.

Does anybody know of a stockist that is reasonably priced.

Will also need some good fundraising ideas to pay for them!

15 Comments

B&M or somewhere like thats probably your best bet

Original Poster

Toon_army

B&M or somewhere like thats probably your best bet

For 600? I was thinking perhaps a wholesaler of some sort?
    Bearing in mind, we need to somehow raise the funds to pay for them

Is it a charity event? You might find a supermarket or somewhere willing to donate if it's for a good cause.

600? Pull the other one...

Original Poster

BudgetAngel

Is it a charity event? You might find a supermarket or somewhere willing … Is it a charity event? You might find a supermarket or somewhere willing to donate if it's for a good cause.

It's for children's Christmas lunch event. Not charity as such, so doubt anywhere would be willing to donate any
    Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 10th Nov 2016

Try your local Tesco. Our pta has been in touch with ours and they are going to provide us with snacks and drinks four our school Christmas disco.

Original Poster

alison197

Try your local Tesco. Our pta has been in touch with ours and they are … Try your local Tesco. Our pta has been in touch with ours and they are going to provide us with snacks and drinks four our school Christmas disco.

Thanks. Have contacted a few supermarkets via social media now. Will see if any can help out

Booker might be worth a look, depends what sort of quality you want, but you would be paying for them from there

Can you make your own ? or do they have to bang ?

Original Poster

kester76

Can you make your own ? or do they have to bang ?

I did consider that, but over 500 and finding fillers etc would work out very costly both on time and funds

I would probably run a competition for the best made cracker and award a prize.

chuckiedoll

I did consider that, but over 500 and finding fillers etc would work out … I did consider that, but over 500 and finding fillers etc would work out very costly both on time and funds

​Get the kids to design and make the crackers for you. only need 50 kids/parents to make that many.

stuff from kindle toys is good

Hold a cake sale to raise the funds,ask for donations.Home made cakes are always easy to sell.Other ideas a sponsored event such as silence etc easy to organise or a paid quiz sheet £1 a go with a £10 prize for the winner,or ask for unwanted toys ,books etc and do a saleor have a kids disco.

Best option is going to be pound shops or discount stores.
    Your probably talking £50+ though (£1 for 12).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any good Sky TV deals on at moment?11
      2. Why do people scam on Gumtree?68
      3. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 811
      4. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private66

See more discussions