Groups

christmas dinner!

ClarityofMinds Cristmas shopping question has got me feeling all festive!
    What do you do on christmas day?
    Where/ what will you be eating and with who? xxxx

I will stay at home with my hubby and 3 kids
    our xmas dinner is usually
    Rice and peas, brown stew chicken, fried fish, jerk pork joint, fried chicken and a seasoned and stuffed chicken. Veggies/salad. I always make roasters and sprouts just because you have to at christmas!
    for pudding we just have cake or a gateaux.
    Sound loads but the family usually come later on and eat some!

29 Comments

Banned

we just have a joint and some veggies, kids really to excited for it, but its probs the only meal they eat for a day or two, none of us like xmas pud so we have a gateau or something nice from the freezer, then lots and lots and lots of choccie

Banned

working:x

Banned

dog_cop;6766442

working:x

On Christmas day? Sucks to be you:oops:

Normal Christmas meal, and leftovers for the next few days although usually go to the football on Boxing day.

since my kids were very young I hated the fact of missing out on them and their toys on christmas day so for many years I have not had christmas dinner on christmas day but a 'Christmas Breakfast' - a proper fully cooked breakfast (veggie) they have always loved it we then watch Its a Wonderful Life in the afternoon - then we have Christmas Dinner with approximately 20 people invited a few days after christmas normally on a weekday as all friends and family are musicians and they all work the main nights - so looking forward to Christmas this year

Banned

octobergirl;6766457

a proper fully cooked breakfast (veggie)

Surely that's a contradiction:?

Unless you mean the pig was in a coma before it got turned into sausage and bacon:thinking:

Bit heartless of you to describe it as such though:x

Me my OH and my 2 kids.
    Chiristmas Dinner: Turkey crown, 1 other meat, sausages wrapped in bacon,stuffing,yourkshire puds,Veg,gravy
    then we have a buffet on the evening of all party food

I love christmas dinner

I love all the pomp of a traditional Christmas dinner, but then it is me that does the cooking. Wifey, being a veggie, just likes the veg part of the dinner. Will be sitting down with better half and 3 kids. Only our daughter would eat the dinner. The boys would prefer pizza or something as they're just not into roasts, despite my best efforts. Seems pointless getting a 10lb turkey for me and daughter, so probably a beef joint or something this year. Then her and I will enjoy it again and again in the following days. All the veg goes towards wifey's bubble and squeak. She just loves Christmas for that reason I think.

We don't go in for the tradition Christmas meal. I'd be quite happy with fish and chips, though I do like Christmas pudding

Big breakfast in the morning, then i lock myself in the kitchen with a bottle of Baileys and do the traditional turkey dinner. Christmas pud usually gets eaten in January! After a snooze we usually go to a party at friends.

we have turkey, pork and beef and all the trimmings then we have the same on boxing day this started out as my family would come christmas day one year oh family would come boxing day then following year his would come christmas day and mine boxing day but as the years have come and gone family members are longer with us this has not changed its become like a family tradition but mine love roast dinners and at the end of november i stop cooking roasts right up till christmas lol

Predikuesi;6766594

We don't go in for the tradition Christmas meal. I'd be quite happy with … We don't go in for the tradition Christmas meal. I'd be quite happy with fish and chips, though I do like Christmas pudding

You and me Predi. Brandy butter or Courvoisier cream ?

Love the avi btw.

Has always been me and my ex husband and the kiddies and whoever else he/they invite, I'm sure the divorce wont change anything that way.

What I always do is allow the kiddies to open their stockings whenever they wake... these are from Santa so nothing to do with me anyway

They arent allowed to wake me till 7 and they better have made me tea when they do lol

Then we go and open pressies and play christmas carols.

Then I clear everything up and make everyone breakfast and then start cooking dinner!.

We always have a christmas roast of some form... duck/turkey/goose... I do a chicken as well for the fuss pots who dont like the other meats.

This year I shall need a vegetarian option!!

After dinner they get to open more toys.

I disappear off to christmas mass with whoever will come with me ( usually only my youngest daughter ) and by the time we get home, its time for mince pies and ice cream and cream and christmas pudding.

My kids have a way of inviting whoever they want to visit whenever they want so theres usually people popping round all through the day. Family, friends all that.

Mostly i'm on my feet all day long... last yr I spent boxing day in bed at the sales "exhausted" lol

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas xxxxx

We usually have a turkey with all the usual extras, and I will make a couple of desserts for the Christmas pud haters. For the last few years we have had anyone who we know would be alone at Christmas join us, inc our car mechanic last year:) I never know exactly how many there will be so just cook loads.

Christmas at our house is usually a real family affair. My parents and Niece arrive on the 21st December and stay til after New Year, my Sister and Husband come on Christmas Eve (cos of work) and stay til about the 28th.

So there is usually 8 for lunch, but with having 3 women in the house we cook the lunch between us, traditional stuff, turkey with all the trimmings. Then after lunch we play with the kids while the men do all the clearing up (good job I've got 2 dishwahers as we really fill them up).

Tea is usually a buffet which I end up doing, then Boxing day is a day to relax and do nothing but annoy the kids by nicking their toys and playing with them, lol.

ClarityofMind;6766677

Has always been me and my ex husband and the kiddies and whoever else … Has always been me and my ex husband and the kiddies and whoever else he/they invite, I'm sure the divorce wont change anything that way. What I always do is allow the kiddies to open their stockings whenever they wake... these are from Santa so nothing to do with me anyway :)They arent allowed to wake me till 7 and they better have made me tea when they do lolThen we go and open pressies and play christmas carols. Then I clear everything up and make everyone breakfast and then start cooking dinner!. We always have a christmas roast of some form... duck/turkey/goose... I do a chicken as well for the fuss pots who dont like the other meats. This year I shall need a vegetarian option!!After dinner they get to open more toys. I disappear off to christmas mass with whoever will come with me ( usually only my youngest daughter ) and by the time we get home, its time for mince pies and ice cream and cream and christmas pudding. My kids have a way of inviting whoever they want to visit whenever they want so theres usually people popping round all through the day. Family, friends all that. Mostly i'm on my feet all day long... last yr I spent boxing day in bed at the sales "exhausted" lol Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas xxxxx

you need to make sure they all help you out this year & put your feet up hun :thumbsup:

Have to go to the in-laws - Roll on boxing day !!!!!!

KazzyD;6767201

Christmas at our house is usually a real family affair. My parents and … Christmas at our house is usually a real family affair. My parents and Niece arrive on the 21st December and stay til after New Year, my Sister and Husband come on Christmas Eve (cos of work) and stay til about the 28th. So there is usually 8 for lunch, but with having 3 women in the house we cook the lunch between us, traditional stuff, turkey with all the trimmings. Then after lunch we play with the kids while the men do all the clearing up (good job I've got 2 dishwahers as we really fill them up).Tea is usually a buffet which I end up doing, then Boxing day is a day to relax and do nothing but annoy the kids by nicking their toys and playing with them, lol.

2 dishwashers!!!!!!!!

I love christmas cause all my immediate family is altogether. My mum and youngest sister moved out to Cyprus 7 years ago, so they fly back every year for christmas (and other times in the year too, but they are always back for christmas).

Christmas dinner is usually turkey and beef, and there's always me, my 2 kids, my ex (cause he's the kids dad), my sister, her other half, their 3 kids (although this year will be 4 kids as she's 31 weeks and expected to go into labour anytime as her last one was born at 30 weeks and she's already been in hospital this week with contractions) my nan will be there since we moved her down this way in the summer, my mum and youngest sister, my mums bloke and his son this year.

Utter chaos but I love it, especially seeing as it's not round my house :-D

Christmas is actually the only time my dad cooks!

My brother comes up with his g/fs daughter for a few days before christmas and we have a 'christmas day' where she opens her presents and we have a (veggie) christmas dinner - Roast potatoes, quorn chicken, sprouts, parsnips, carrot and turnip, cabbage etc - Dad calls this his practise christmas dinner.

Christmas day we open presents then dad cooks a big (veggie!) breakfast because that has to do us until about 4/5pm. We have christmas dinner in my nans, she cooks some sort of meat for everyone else and we have something veggie with all the vegetables and gravy and stuff. Usually christmas pud for dessert

Boxing day is 'our' day and we take it easy all morning, then dad cooks christmas dinner - veggie turkey, roast potatoes, sprouts, carrot and turnip, mash, parsnips, veggie sausages wrapped in veggie bacon, yorkshire puds and probably more! Usually followed (when we have room!) by warm mince pies with custard or cream

When we have a 'christmas dinner' it counts as 2 meals, we have it sort of mid-afternoon. I do lots of buffets over the christmas/new year period though. We used to have one after our christmas dinner, but nobody was really hungry so we dont bother now. Definitely have one christmas eve and new years eve, one when my brother is up, and probably another one at some point!

Christmas Eve I go to the local family club, Christmas morning I go to my Mothers house to watch my little sister & brother open there presents, then we go to either my uncles or my nans for Christmas dinner, they usually have to cook for around 10 people, we have the full lot with all the trimmings & for desert it's either Christmas pudding or gateaux

cheerleader;6767251

you need to make sure they all help you out this year & put your feet up … you need to make sure they all help you out this year & put your feet up hun :thumbsup:

They wont but i can prolly cook most of the dinner christmas eve evening xxx

kelly_o_fanatic;6770237

Christmas is actually the only time my dad cooks!My brother comes up with … Christmas is actually the only time my dad cooks!My brother comes up with his g/fs daughter for a few days before christmas and we have a 'christmas day' where she opens her presents and we have a (veggie) christmas dinner - Roast potatoes, quorn chicken, sprouts, parsnips, carrot and turnip, cabbage etc - Dad calls this his practise christmas dinner.Christmas day we open presents then dad cooks a big (veggie!) breakfast because that has to do us until about 4/5pm. We have christmas dinner in my nans, she cooks some sort of meat for everyone else and we have something veggie with all the vegetables and gravy and stuff. Usually christmas pud for dessertBoxing day is 'our' day and we take it easy all morning, then dad cooks christmas dinner - veggie turkey, roast potatoes, sprouts, carrot and turnip, mash, parsnips, veggie sausages wrapped in veggie bacon, yorkshire puds and probably more! Usually followed (when we have room!) by warm mince pies with custard or creamWhen we have a 'christmas dinner' it counts as 2 meals, we have it sort of mid-afternoon. I do lots of buffets over the christmas/new year period though. We used to have one after our christmas dinner, but nobody was really hungry so we dont bother now. Definitely have one christmas eve and new years eve, one when my brother is up, and probably another one at some point!

Can your Dad be hired? ;-)

jellybaby22;6770491

i want to go to COM 's house for dinner... sound fab xxremember u have to … i want to go to COM 's house for dinner... sound fab xxremember u have to take it easy this year though :thumbsup:

Oh well, more the merrier :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6770556

Oh well, more the merrier :thumbsup:

we will come too then:thumbsup: lol

This will be the first christmas with my Daughter, although she will only be 5 months so don't think she'll appreciate it!!

I do all of the cooking and my wife has even let me choose what to have, i hate turkey, so i think we are having Duck and a Rib Beef joint. Always have Gammon Christmas Eve. Then Buffet Christmas night, boxing day and generally until it's eaten.

That's what i love about Christmas, the rules change, you want Cadbury's Roses for breakfast? sure thing. Want a gammon sandwich at 11 pm? go ahead!

Plus i finish on the 17th Dec until 5th Jan, wifey is still on maternity so i get to spend all of that time with them, looking forward to it loads!!

ClarityofMind;6770450

Can your Dad be hired? ;-)

Lol, sorry but he is busy over christmas!

Only 2 meals he can make, but he is really good at them! Makes the nicest roast potatoes EVER, dunno where he learned because my nans are not that good.

Probably seems even better to me because its usually me who does the cooking!

sancho1983;6772734

This will be the first christmas with my Daughter, although she will only … This will be the first christmas with my Daughter, although she will only be 5 months so don't think she'll appreciate it!!I do all of the cooking and my wife has even let me choose what to have, i hate turkey, so i think we are having Duck and a Rib Beef joint. Always have Gammon Christmas Eve. Then Buffet Christmas night, boxing day and generally until it's eaten.That's what i love about Christmas, the rules change, you want Cadbury's Roses for breakfast? sure thing. Want a gammon sandwich at 11 pm? go ahead!Plus i finish on the 17th Dec until 5th Jan, wifey is still on maternity so i get to spend all of that time with them, looking forward to it loads!!

awww that sounds perfect!! xxx

gemmar26;6772580

we will come too then:thumbsup: lol

Im gonna be in a lot of trouble like this...........lol

kelly_o_fanatic;6782383

Lol, sorry but he is busy over christmas!Only 2 meals he can make, but he … Lol, sorry but he is busy over christmas!Only 2 meals he can make, but he is really good at them! Makes the nicest roast potatoes EVER, dunno where he learned because my nans are not that good. Probably seems even better to me because its usually me who does the cooking!

Bless him, at least he helps out on crimbo xxxx

How wonderful are you doing all the cooking!! xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553765
      2. Royal Mil track and trace55
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714463
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767185

See more discussions