Christmas for newborns.

Found 5th Dec 2017
Hello all, my bestfriend of 17 years just had her second baby last week. I have her daughter sorted for Christmas but now I'm
Stuck of what to buy a newborn baby boy? I did a hamper for when he was born with bottles, nappies, wipes, shampoo, baby bath, oil, clothes etc.. I don't want to buy the same kind of thing for Christmas, does anyone have any idea of what I can get a newborn please? Thankyou
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
A new born doesn't give a hoot what it has for Christmas. Why not put some money for the baby's future in a Kids saver account, as posted recently HERE on HUKD
Thankyou for your suggestion but I'm not his mum therefore it's not up to me to set a savers account up for him.
Inb4 Ipad

Congratulations to your friend, Clothes are probably the ideal gift.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 5th Dec 2017
What about one of those handprint/footprint kits? No idea where to get them though
doesn't matter, they wont remember
dataload26 m ago

doesn't matter, they wont remember

I will tho and I'll feel awful lol
cash4tweets34 m ago

What about one of those handprint/footprint kits? No idea where to get …What about one of those handprint/footprint kits? No idea where to get them though

I never thought about one of those, that would be a lovely gift. I'll get searching now. Thankyou so much
.MUFC.36 m ago

Inb4 IpadCongratulations to your friend, Clothes are probably the ideal …Inb4 IpadCongratulations to your friend, Clothes are probably the ideal gift.

Thankyou, and I brought him loads of clothes for when he was first born so I didn't want to buy clothes again. Might by him a pair of shoes for when he starts walking. I can't think of anything else
How about a bumbo seat I remember having one of these and it was fantastic
Laurenjadee941 h, 10 m ago

I never thought about one of those, that would be a lovely gift. I'll get …I never thought about one of those, that would be a lovely gift. I'll get searching now. Thankyou so much

I found one of these in b&m a few months ago, not sure if they still have them in though.
Maza8732 m ago

I found one of these in b&m a few months ago, not sure if they still have …I found one of these in b&m a few months ago, not sure if they still have them in though.

Thankyou, I will have a look
spyro12353 m ago

spyro12353 m ago

She already has one of these for him lol, they have everything they need. Maybe just gift vouchers for next I think. Thankyou for the suggestion
You can get hand/footprints on a pendant not sure if that would then be a gift for mum or baby though. I think you can get it on not on the high street but am not 100% sure.
Hi. Everyone is buying clothes etc. What about some photo session? You can buy voucher through Groupon.. I asked friend of mine if she would like one and she was excited, as she she said they have enough clothes until 5y age lol and toys they are not going to unpack etc. but did not have "spare" money for photographer. So she got voucher and I am the best "auntie" ever! :-) There is 6m - 1y time to use it usually x
Maybe make up and print out some "emergency babysitting vouchers" for your friend to redeem, along with whatever else you come up with?
Laurenjadee944 h, 45 m ago

Thankyou for your suggestion but I'm not his mum therefore it's not up to …Thankyou for your suggestion but I'm not his mum therefore it's not up to me to set a savers account up for him.

You don't have to be the baby's Mum.
artnada1 h, 51 m ago

True, any legal guardian can, which doesn't sound like the op.
Stuff the baby, get your friend a bottle of beer,He will need it!
Babies love shiny wrapping paper. Buy £1 shiny wrapping paper from poundland. Save the rest for when they can actually appreciate goods.
artnada6 h, 16 m ago

I'm his mums friend not a legal guardian
Got the bottles ready for new year(party)
bryanhaines3997 h, 28 m ago

Maybe make up and print out some "emergency babysitting vouchers" for your …Maybe make up and print out some "emergency babysitting vouchers" for your friend to redeem, along with whatever else you come up with?

I like this idea actually . I'm usually the babysitter
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions