Christmas Games

Banned
Share traditional Christmas games that you play.

66 Comments

Original Poster Banned

1. After Eight Mint on forehead that has to end up in your mouth. No hands allowed.

2. See how many peas can be transferred from one dish to another only using a straw - 60 seconds.
Edited by: "cchopps" 11th Dec 2016

cchopps

1. After Eight Mint on forehead that has to end up in your mouth. No … 1. After Eight Mint on forehead that has to end up in your mouth. No hands allowed.2. See how many peas can be transferred from one dish to another only using a straw.

1. Doesn't it just melt so you end up with a chocolately minty face

"Has he been yet?"
"Look... Rudolph ate some of the carrots!"
"Oh good... socks!".
"Just what I've always wanted; more socks!"
"'Bye... see you next year... (where did we hide the good alcohol again?)"

"Pin the tail on the Sheep" . Similar to the old favourite of "Pin the tail on the Donkey" but works very well for many HUKD members oO You could have so much fun just making up the rules Now that could be a whole new post !

Chocolate bar game. You need hat, scarf, wooly gloves, an unwrapped chocolate bar, knife, fork and dice. Take it in turns to try and get a 6 on die (dice), if you get a six you have to put on hat, scarf and gloves and then try to eat chocolate bar with knife and fork. Meanwhile everyone else keeps on trying to roll a 6. As soon as 6 is rolled the hat, scarf and gloves are transferred to the person who rolled the 6, who then tries to eat the chocolate. Carry on until all chocolate eaten.

Put a Santa hat on the top corner of your TV every time someone on TV looks like they are wearing it take a shot

Tip it. Two teams on each side of dining table. One team all puts hands under the table and a penny is passed along and hidden in one person's hand. All hands in fists put on the table. Other team has to guess where the penny is and touches the hand and says "tip it". Person has to open hand. If found penny goes to other team to hide. Sounds banal but is fun for all ages X)

My game is trying to get people to play games.

Me: wanna play a board game?
Them: no I hate them, everyone cheats.
Me: how about a playstation game? You can't cheat.
Them: no I hate them, I don't know how to use a controller.
Me: it's been 20 years, you can't use that excuse any more! What about a card game?
Them: I can't be bothered to find the cards
Me: what about a game of sausages? you only need words for that and a sense of humour *starts asking questions for sausages restlessly*

and so on. If I get anyone to play anything in any form, I win.
Edited by: "MSK." 11th Dec 2016

moneysavingkitten

...Me: what about a game of sausages? you only need words for that and a … ...Me: what about a game of sausages? you only need words for that and a sense of humour *starts asking questions for sausages restlessly*...

If it's "Hide the Sausage", I'm in.

fanpages

Could be if you're playing

You ask someone questions, they have to answer everything with 'sausages'. They have to try not to laugh. So the more ridiculous the question, the better.

If you want, you can substitute the slightly less safe for work 'chilly willies' for the word 'sausages'. That's the slightly more festive and harder not to laugh version.

It's a very mature a complicated game, perfect for around the dinner table. As I am sure you can tell

moneysavingkitten

My game is trying to get people to play games.Me: wanna play a board … My game is trying to get people to play games.Me: wanna play a board game?Them: no I hate them, everyone cheats.Me: how about a playstation game? You can't cheat.Them: no I hate them, I don't know how to use a controller.Me: it's been 20 years, you can use that excuse any more! What about a card game?Them: I can't be bothered to find the cardsMe: what about a game of sausages? you only need words for that and a sense of humour *starts asking questions for sausages restlessly*and so on. If I get anyone to play anything in any form, I win.

Sounds like you're hanging around with the wrong people

mutley1

Sounds like you're hanging around with the wrong people

Either that, or they're hanging around with the a wrong person. I'll let you decide which

moneysavingkitten

Either that, or they're hanging around with the a wrong person. I'll let … Either that, or they're hanging around with the a wrong person. I'll let you decide which

I think my analysis is better.

by the way thanks for the recommendation of Aqua. I am listening to their music now. Some of their songs are so cool. I cant get enough of it

We like to play the 'guess how long it takes before all-out-war breaks out between two family members' game. Double point score if you can name the two family members in advance. Also the 'which item of crockery will my dad break this year' is always a good laugh too.

Cards against humanity is our families game of choice it's even.more hilarious trying to explain words like smegma and bukkake to your mum oO

moneysavingkitten

...Me: what about a game of sausages? you only need words for that and … ...Me: what about a game of sausages? you only need words for that and a sense of humour *starts asking questions for sausages restlessly*...

fanpages

moneysavingkitten

Could be if you're playing :3;)You ask someone questions, they have to … Could be if you're playing :3;)You ask someone questions, they have to answer everything with 'sausages'. They have to try not to laugh. So the more ridiculous the question, the better.If you want, you can substitute the slightly less safe for work 'chilly willies' for the word 'sausages'. That's the slightly more festive and harder not to laugh version.It's a very mature a complicated game, perfect for around the dinner table. As I am sure you can tell

...Sausages.

Seems the only logical response, but instead I will offer you a Rhubarb (or two).

moneysavingkitten

Could be if you're playing :3;)You ask someone questions, they have to … Could be if you're playing :3;)You ask someone questions, they have to answer everything with 'sausages'. They have to try not to laugh. So the more ridiculous the question, the better.If you want, you can substitute the slightly less safe for work 'chilly willies' for the word 'sausages'. That's the slightly more festive and harder not to laugh version.It's a very mature a complicated game, perfect for around the dinner table. As I am sure you can tell

I think fanpages is thinking more, he hides his sausage and you try and find it X)

1. Brussels Sprout eating competition.
2. Guess how many air fresheners are in the room.

mutley1

I think fanpages is thinking more, he hides his sausage and you try and … I think fanpages is thinking more, he hides his sausage and you try and find it X)

It would be hard.
No... wait, that sounds like I'd be tossing the sausage up the high street.

OK, it wouldn't be hard.
No... wait, that would mean...

Nuts.

Errr...

Sausages.

Predikuesi

1. Brussels Sprout eating competition.2. Guess how many air fresheners … 1. Brussels Sprout eating competition.2. Guess how many air fresheners are in the room.

We played this at an office christmas party once but it was more saucy, as you had to pass a sprout to the person next to you using your and their mouths only. It was great fun until the person sitting next to you was an ugly fat bloke X)

mutley1

I think my analysis is better. :)by the way thanks for the recommendation … I think my analysis is better. :)by the way thanks for the recommendation of Aqua. I am listening to their music now. Some of their songs are so cool. I cant get enough of it

You're very welcome Which did you prefer in the end, old or new?

moneysavingkitten

...Me: what about a game of sausages? you only need words for that … ...Me: what about a game of sausages? you only need words for that and a sense of humour *starts asking questions for sausages restlessly*...

fanpages

moneysavingkitten

Saving this for my xmas playlist. Reckon I have more chance of getting people to watch this than play any kind of game

mutley1

I think fanpages is thinking more, he hides his sausage and you try and … I think fanpages is thinking more, he hides his sausage and you try and find it X)

I was hoping I would be able to tell where it was without too much effort tbh

fanpages

It would be hard.No... wait, that sounds like I'd be tossing the sausage … It would be hard.No... wait, that sounds like I'd be tossing the sausage up the high street.OK, it wouldn't be hard.No... wait, that would mean...Nuts.Errr...Sausages.

Didnt realise you were so saucy fanpages. May i ask a personal question? Do you have a sausage for the proposed game?

fanpages

It would be hard.No... wait, that sounds like I'd be tossing the sausage … It would be hard.No... wait, that sounds like I'd be tossing the sausage up the high street.OK, it wouldn't be hard.No... wait, that would mean...Nuts.Errr...Sausages.

X)

fanpages

...instead I will offer you a Rhubarb (or two).

moneysavingkitten

Saving this for my xmas playlist. Reckon I have more chance of getting … Saving this for my xmas playlist. Reckon I have more chance of getting people to watch this than play any kind of game

If that's the kind of level you are aiming for, then have a double bill with...

"The Plank"

mutley1

Didnt realise you were so saucy fanpages. May i ask a personal question? … Didnt realise you were so saucy fanpages. May i ask a personal question? Do you have a sausage for the proposed game?

Don't all dogs? If not, Anthony can help after a few jars.

moneysavingkitten

You're very welcome Which did you prefer in the end, old or new?

I didnt like all their songs but i so love the following 7.

Barbie girl
My oh my
How r u doin
Doctor jones
Roses are red
Around the world
Lollipop

I really love the fact that their lyrics are simple but very suggestive
Edited by: "mutley1" 11th Dec 2016

fanpages

...instead I will offer you a Rhubarb (or two).

moneysavingkitten

Saving this for my xmas playlist. Reckon I have more chance of getting … Saving this for my xmas playlist. Reckon I have more chance of getting people to watch this than play any kind of game

Thank you very much (I think).

13norfolk

Tip it. Two teams on each side of dining table. One team all puts hands … Tip it. Two teams on each side of dining table. One team all puts hands under the table and a penny is passed along and hidden in one person's hand. All hands in fists put on the table. Other team has to guess where the penny is and touches the hand and says "tip it". Person has to open hand. If found penny goes to other team to hide. Sounds banal but is fun for all ages X)

yeah its similar to the mrs night time game of hide the sausage X)

fanpages

Don't all dogs? If not, Anthony can help after a few jars.

My labrador would love to play find the sausage. He would be very good at it. X)

wozukSilencer

You're married to msk?

Careful... that's how rumours start.

mutley1

I didnt like all their songs but i so love the following 7.Barbie girlMy … I didnt like all their songs but i so love the following 7.Barbie girlMy oh myHow r u doinDoctor jonesRoses are redAround the worldLollipopI really love the fact that their lyrics are simple but very suggestive

You've got all the important ones in there. Yes they have than down to a tee
Edited by: "MSK." 11th Dec 2016

My partner and I play a sort of game.
After we've sat down with the kids to open the presents and they have all their presents in piles next to them unwrapped it's a mad dash on who can get out of the front room first! 4 kids, sooooo much unnecessary packaging and trying to get everything out of the boxes for them!!

mutley1

My labrador would love to play find the sausage. He would be very good … My labrador would love to play find the sausage. He would be very good at it. X)

...but only if the sausage was between two slices of bread.

wozukSilencer

She said banal, banal with a B

fanpages

You're married to msk?Careful... that's how rumours start.

oO no one told me!

moneysavingkitten

You ask someone questions, they have to answer everything with … You ask someone questions, they have to answer everything with 'sausages'. They have to try not to laugh.

Why would anyone laugh at someone answering 'sausages' to 'what is the square root of 16'?

mutley1

...Barbie girlMy oh myHow r u doinDoctor jonesRoses are redAround the … ...Barbie girlMy oh myHow r u doinDoctor jonesRoses are redAround the worldLollipopI really love the fact that their lyrics are simple but very suggestive

moneysavingkitten

You've got all the important one in there. Yes they have than down to a … You've got all the important one in there. Yes they have than down to a tee

May I suggest you use "Google Images" for pictures of Lene Nystrøm (just "Lena Aqua" will do) if you want something suggestive?

Also... you had never heard of Aqua until msk recommended them?

Oh dear.

deeky

Why would anyone laugh at someone answering 'sausages' to 'what is the … Why would anyone laugh at someone answering 'sausages' to 'what is the square root of 16'?

You won't know until you try it out loud with another person
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767378
    2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2467
    4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow817

See more discussions