Expired

Christmas Gift Laptop for £300 - £350?

Found 17th Nov 2017
Hi, I'm looking at buying my girlfriend a laptop for Christmas around the £300 to £350 mark. The laptop will mainly be used for work (Word, Excel, etc...) and the occasional video streaming. My knowledge of laptops is not great but I think an i3 and SSD would be desirable but please let me know if my budget is a little tight for this.

I bank with Barclays and I noticed they are offering 10% cash back through their blue rewards scheme for Argos and Currys/PC World at the moment. This may be an added incentive to buy via either of these two shops if it makes a good deal.

Can anyone suggest any good deals around at the moment? Advise also welcome Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
argos.co.uk/pro…821

Maybe this one from Argos, they also have the same with slightly higher spec for an extra £50, this one is £279.99. I just bought one for my daughter and it's a lovely design , light but feels very well made. I'm not a tech person and we bought as her uni laptop failed this week, but it was already on tech radars top ten budget laptops prior to this weeks discounted price, so I was fairly confident it would be OK.
tinkerbellian4 h, 39 m ago

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7543821Maybe this one from Argos, they also …http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7543821Maybe this one from Argos, they also have the same with slightly higher spec for an extra £50, this one is £279.99. I just bought one for my daughter and it's a lovely design , light but feels very well made. I'm not a tech person and we bought as her uni laptop failed this week, but it was already on tech radars top ten budget laptops prior to this weeks discounted price, so I was fairly confident it would be OK.

Thanks for the reply. I saw this laptop but wasn’t sure if it would be up for the job. The reviews are all very positive, the lowest being 4 stars which can’t be bad!

10% back via Barclays rewards would bring it down to around £252. Does anyone know if the higher spec one on Argos at £329.99 is worth it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions