Groups

Christmas Grocery Deliveries

For all of those who get their weekly groceries delivered usually, or are just planning on easing the stress over christmas, I have created this thread to keep track of when you can start booking christmas deliveries on the 4 grocery sites, and when the last delivery date before christmas and between christmas and new year are.

Please post if you find out any information and I will update the next post with all of the information

11 Comments

Original Poster

Sainsburys
    [COLOR="Red"]Christmas dates released from:[/COLOR] 17th November
    [COLOR="Red"]Last delivery before Christmas:[/COLOR] 22nd December
    [COLOR="Red"]Dates between Christmas and New Year:[/COLOR]

Ocado
    [COLOR="Red"]Christmas dates released from:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Last delivery before Christmas:[/COLOR]

Tesco
    [COLOR="Red"]Christmas dates released from:[/COLOR] 30th November
    [COLOR="Red"]Last delivery before Christmas:[/COLOR] 23rd December

Asda
    [COLOR="Red"]Christmas dates released from:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Last delivery before Christmas:[/COLOR]

Waitrose Deliver
    [COLOR="Red"]Christmas dates released from:[/COLOR] NOW
    [COLOR="Red"]Last delivery before Christmas:[/COLOR] 21st or 22nd (website is confusing!)

Very useful! Thanks, rep added

Original Poster

Thanks!

I know last year the slots were filling up really quickly, apart from asda, and Ocado was all full up from October!

Just got an email from Sainsburys which reminded me, I hadnt even thought about it yet! So had a look on the sites to find out what I could, will keep checking and updating this thread

Original Poster

Just do a dummy shop, put anything in your basket and checkout. You can alter your basket nearer the time, or cancel it completely.

You can usually alter up until the day before, but last Christmas the supermarkets generally changed it to 2 days before the shopping is due.

Original Poster

Thanks for the rep

I have updated it to include Waitrose deliver, who you can already book a christmas slot with!

tesco dates (december)

14th - last day for ordering fresh turkey & large tesco direct items

17th - last day for wine orders

19th - cd's dvd's games etc (jersey orders before 11am, tesco UK is till midnight)

21st - last day for ordering small tesco direct items

when work let me know on rest of dates, i will let ya know :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Just heard the following from Sainsburys

All delivery slots open 21 days in advance so, from Monday 17 November … All delivery slots open 21 days in advance so, from Monday 17 November you will see slots available on Monday 8 December and will continue to open daily. Our last delivery date is Monday 22 December and is available to book from Monday 1 December. Book early as they will fill up fast.

Any one know when the asda delivery slots come on line, noticed they have up to the 21st Dec but was hoping for a little closer to Xmas than that
    Edited by: "mrfun1981" 30th Nov 2010

Do they take the money now or on the day of picking?

They take the money on the day they pick the stuff just like a normal on shop.....And you can change your order up to about a day before you are due to receive it. Just chuck any thing in your basket now to got your slot n change it when you know what you want to buy

generaloneill

Do they take the money now or on the day of picking?

From what I know of, they all take the payment once the picking has been placed as all the online orders are taken from your local store, you get charged the price of the items on the day. (only ocado doesn't work from the local stores, they have purpose built warehouse).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1753
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629
      4. word association Game73944499

See more discussions