Groups
    EXPIRED

Christmas Hampers

I was wondering if anyone knew the best place to buy them, not too expensive either, my budget is £30 MAX on each lol, i would also like non - alcoholic options as well

i've seen some for like £500????? that WAY too expensive

thanks in advance!

15 Comments

Original Poster

alisonfitz;6742129

M&S and John Lewis have them in at the moment- … M&S and John Lewis have them in at the moment- http://www.johnlewis.com/Gifts/Hampers/Hampers/Under+_c2_a350/13582/ProductCategory.aspx#&&/wEXAQUHYWpheFVybAVHU1JUL0dpZnRzL0hhbXBlcnMvSGFtcGVycy9VbmRlcitfYzJfYTM1MC8xMzU4Mi8xLzEvUHJvZHVjdENhdGVnb3J5LmFzcHjA2ZR8Z7DCV9E3xZY7YojQPvO/gg==

thanks, i've seen those ones already a bit boring and not worth the prices imo :thumbsup:

Why don't you make them up yourself - that way can choose what goes in them and prob get it much cheaper? Look out on your local freecycle for baskets or the like???

Original Poster

melmorc;6742244

Why don't you make them up yourself - that way can choose what goes in … Why don't you make them up yourself - that way can choose what goes in them and prob get it much cheaper? Look out on your local freecycle for baskets or the like???

that sounds like a good idea if i can get the basket cheap cos i just want random stuff like short bread biscuits chocolates cakes sweet maybe tea lol

i'll check freecycle later

go to a nick-nack shop and pick up some cheap baskets for about £3- £ 5 each - then fill them with items you think they will like. I did this for my staff and they loved them because I had put things in them that were relevant to each of them - it makes it a bit special

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l;6742621

go to a nick-nack shop and pick up some cheap baskets for about £3- £ 5 e … go to a nick-nack shop and pick up some cheap baskets for about £3- £ 5 each - then fill them with items you think they will like. I did this for my staff and they loved them because I had out things in them that were relevant to each of them - it makes it a bit special

can you give me an example of a nick nack shop please? i'd rather buy the things i want in the basket but i just dont want the basket itself to cost a lot

do you have like a local haberdashery shop that sells bric-a-brac. They tend to be family run shops and sell things like cups, kitchen ware, odds and sods etc - they don't tend to be known names

I made my parents their own last xmas....got wicker boxes from Morrisons....few quid each, bout £3.50 I think, decorated them and filled them with their little presents around there main one....all wrapped individually lol...took them ages to open them but they loved em

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l;6743220

do you have like a local haberdashery shop that sells bric-a-brac. They … do you have like a local haberdashery shop that sells bric-a-brac. They tend to be family run shops and sell things like cups, kitchen ware, odds and sods etc - they don't tend to be known names

never heard of them

will check poundland tomorrow

lil_tiger;6743238

I made my parents their own last xmas....got wicker boxes from … I made my parents their own last xmas....got wicker boxes from Morrisons....few quid each, bout £3.50 I think, decorated them and filled them with their little presents around there main one....all wrapped individually lol...took them ages to open them but they loved em

hamper is for my bf's family and his friend's family so just gonna get some chocolates, biscuits sweets cakes and wine for the hampers :thumbsup:

ilovelilac;6743603

hamper is for my bf's family and his friend's family so just gonna get … hamper is for my bf's family and his friend's family so just gonna get some chocolates, biscuits sweets cakes and wine for the hampers :thumbsup:

aww thats a nice idea if you cant find the boxes Morrisons have them in all sorts of different sizes...My mum actually asked me where I got them and went back to get 5 more! theyre now used as storage boxes in the lounge and bathroom lol

Wilkinsons or Matalan have wicker type baskets that would make nice hampers at not too high a cost.

Would definitely say do one yourself, more personal, less waste and cheaper too

Original Poster

thanks guys, i'll have a look at those stores mentioned tomorrow for wicker baskets and get the m&s wine deals too

what do i use to wrap them btw :? nver done a hamper before

Milk and more :[url]www.milkandmore.co.uk[/url]

Your local milman has Christmas hampers in thier online shop around your price point.
    Free delivery so you could gift to family and friends that are in the delivery district.

ilovelilac;6744854

thanks guys, i'll have a look at those stores mentioned tomorrow for … thanks guys, i'll have a look at those stores mentioned tomorrow for wicker baskets and get the m&s wine deals too :)what do i use to wrap them btw :? nver done a hamper before

Cellophane, although it doesnt HAVE to be wrapped

Ebay has cellophane pretty cheap - item 380172129659 would be good

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;6746038

Cellophane, although it doesnt HAVE to be wrapped Ebay has cellophane … Cellophane, although it doesnt HAVE to be wrapped Ebay has cellophane pretty cheap - item 380172129659 would be good

thanxx for that, i'll get soon :santa: still looking for wicker baskets, went to wilkos they cost like £10 none in 99p store they ones i saw were like bin baskets

simon1966;6745734

Milk and more :[url]www.milkandmore.co.uk[/url]Your local milman has … Milk and more :[url]www.milkandmore.co.uk[/url]Your local milman has Christmas hampers in thier online shop around your price point.Free delivery so you could gift to family and friends that are in the delivery district.

they dont deliver to my postcode
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047091
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?715
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424214488
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553777

See more discussions