Found 10th Dec 2014
There was a lady on here last week looking for a particular snowing Victorian lamp post. I believe the Range used to sell them, anyway, I've become quite obsessed with having a christmas Victorian lamp post. I've just been out to [email protected] Q and bought the bits to make one. It won't be a snowing one , I couldnt put together one that complicated
But it will be like some of the photos I've Seen.
I am just amazed how much I get caught up in all the deals posted on here.

6 Comments

interesting...
what parts exactly constitute the building of a victorian lamp post? is this like a full size lamp post?...

Original Poster

I bought a black Victorian style solar lamp about 25 cms tall, just the top bit. A broom handle to paint black that will fit in slot at bottom and a small dowel to accent the post near light. I'll tie a red ribbon and greenery at top, make a support base and I'm happy with it. I only spent £7, the other stuff I already had.

guesswho4me

I bought a black Victorian style solar lamp about 25 cms tall, just the … I bought a black Victorian style solar lamp about 25 cms tall, just the top bit. A broom handle to paint black that will fit in slot at bottom and a small dowel to accent the post near light. I'll tie a red ribbon and greenery at top, make a support base and I'm happy with it. I only spent £7, the other stuff I already had.

What no plastic bottle and toilet roll tubes. You must have preferred Magpie to Blue Peter. The main thing is having fun doing it. Merry Xmas.

I have seen this or something similar but a long while ago. I think it was merchandise related to The lion, the witch and the wardrobe and it was called the Narnia lampost or similar.

You DIY ones sound great.

Nice Post
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47380
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions