Groups

Christmas morning and kids !

Work colleauge and i had a bit off a disagreement over xmas morning routine !, i said how i loved hearing the kids run downstairs , then run back up to us an shouting ''he's been '' ..We then quickly jump up and follow them downstairs to watch the joy on there little faces as they rip open presents off santa, we then do the gifts under the tree to each other after that ( and when we have found the floor !! lol )..she totally disagreed and said her kids had to get up , get dressed and have breakfast before they get presents !!! WTF !! thats mean ( and told her so ) her kids are younger than mine too ( 5 & 8 ) I said what about the stocking and big pile of pressies by the fireplace off Santa and she said ''oh no they only have pressies put under the tree '' .......really gobsmacked tbh and for a start i wouldnt be able to fit even a third of my kids under the tree , presents under the tree are for family etc ....oh and shes not short either , she's a deputy head and her hubbys a headteacher !...i just thought it was the norm to have a big pile of pressies off santa and kids opened them as soon as they woke on xmas morning !!....anyone agree that she's not normal . lol

127 Comments

Banned

What about Jesus?

spell correctly, i cant understand a word your saying.

JonnyTwoToes

What about Jesus?

errrrr, its baby Jesus, actually.

We were always allowed to open our stockings and a couple of 'select' presents from under the tree.
    The rest were saved until family guests arrived.

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

What about Jesus?

oh yeh and him too !! .....we always '' Happy Birthday '' too him as we sup our bucks fizz

Agree with you, thats just how i remember my chilhood christmas mornings

I agree with you - though the kids get their stockings left at the end of their bed which means we get wee bit of a longer lie while they root through that. Then we go downstairs with them (everyone in PJs) as I love to see their little faces when they first go into the living room. Each has their own pile of stuff on a sofa or corner or whatever and everything gets ripped open. Me and OH are usually last to open ours though as love helping the kids first. Couldn't be bothered with the getting dressed and eating first. Used to make toast for my oldest ones when they were little to eat while doing their stocking but don't now.

In my house, we all get up together and when we go downstairs all the gifts are set out on the sofa. Kids get a sofa each.

I'd report her to social services, she's only a broken nail away from locking them in a cellar.

Original Poster

farhadmaster

spell correctly, i cant understand a word your saying.

oh behave , a couple of typos !! SORRY ! cant all be perfect can we ??

We used to get our pressies at the end of our bed, actually on our feet ha ha!
    Apart from the biggies which went by the tree.

Just do what feels right. Maybe she likes order and likes wants her kids to exercise control and not be over excited. In our house we do like a bit of breakfast first, then its a mad dash to open presents. Each to their own. I think generally that kids get too much and its overwhelming for them.

Banned

good old fashioned discipline ha ha

Banned

shopstilldrops

oh behave , a couple of typos !! SORRY ! cant all be perfect can we ?? … oh behave , a couple of typos !! SORRY ! cant all be perfect can we ??

Well....

kaks26

I agree with you - though the kids get their stockings left at the end of … I agree with you - though the kids get their stockings left at the end of their bed which means we get wee bit of a longer lie while they root through that. Then we go downstairs with them (everyone in PJs) as I love to see their little faces when they first go into the living room. Each has their own pile of stuff on a sofa or corner or whatever and everything gets ripped open. Me and OH are usually last to open ours though as love helping the kids first. Couldn't be bothered with the getting dressed and eating first. Used to make toast for my oldest ones when they were little to eat while doing their stocking but don't now.

same here except i have just the one 2 year old

Banned

lindauk

In my house, we all get up together and when we go downstairs all the … In my house, we all get up together and when we go downstairs all the gifts are set out on the sofa. Kids get a sofa each.

Every year you give them a sofa each? You got a good deal with a retailer?
    They must love christmas. Poor kids.
    Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 20th Dec 2010

JonnyTwoToes

Every year you give them a sofa each? You got a good deal with a … Every year you give them a sofa each? You got a good deal with a retailer?They must be love christmas.

Its that damn DFS sale with the giants.

Banned

MinstrelMan

Second time today - it's not a giant, it's Cliff Richard!!!!!

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7668/cliffrichard1959.jpg

How about a stocking/pillowcase on the bedroom door handle with a few small odds and ends for the kids to open first thing: "oooo look; hes been!". Satisfied customers playing with new goodies/stuffing faces with a few sweeties whilst the grownups break surface,

Then the larger pressies after brekkie or around elevenses from under the tree.

Maybe one or two small things from 'off the tree' during the afternoon.
    Edited by: "Some_Bloke" 20th Dec 2010

My friend never opens presents till they have eaten dinner. Works for her and her family.

I have always opened my stocking presents from santa as soon as i woke up. Then open presents from under the tree once the rest of the family have also woken up.

JonnyTwoToes

Every year you give them a sofa each? You got a good deal with a … Every year you give them a sofa each? You got a good deal with a retailer?They must love christmas. Poor kids.

That made me laugh out loud. Childish but funny X)

MinstrelMan

You mean Cliff?

yeah him lol

Banned

Who cares!

They have presents.

Banned

MinstrelMan

errrrr, its baby Jesus, actually.

Sorry, I stand corrected. The ickle bb Jebus. (to give him his full name)

nikkib123

why do I have a mental image of these kids playing the worlds biggest game of tetris, trying to fit 2/3 seaters and corner units together to perfectly fill a room?

I need sleep

MinstrelMan

why do I have a mental image of these kids playing the worlds biggest … why do I have a mental image of these kids playing the worlds biggest game of tetris, trying to fit 2/3 seaters and corner units together to perfectly fill a room? I need sleep

I've got the giggles now X)

nikkib123

Same here - still chuckling away as well

I'm exactly the same as you, My son runs downstairs then runs back up screaming Santas been get up get up get up lol. he always has a huge arm chair full of presents and loads in santa bags on the floor, I love seeing his face on Christmas morning when he opens his presents, the wonder in his eyes. amazing.
    We normally go to church on Christmas eve but wont be this year cos we're snowed in!
    I do know a few people like your friend who only buy a handful of presents for Christmas, one present for birthdays and no treats throughout the year, i feel sorry for the kids

Original Poster

My kids dont like the idea of Santa in there rooms so they have there stockings over the fireplace and we still put the tangerines, nuts and sweets in plus a few of there smaller presents, then they both have a big pile of presents each, left in front of the fireplace, usually has a trail of snow left from santa and he also leaves them a personalised cd to play and a thankyou note for his mincepies and brandy and carrots for reindeers X)

kaks26

Same here - still chuckling away as well

Me too

Lol your the weirdo just let people do what they want.

They may have less presents but is it always quantity or quality that counts?

http://www.geekpedia.com/Pictures/Icons/spellcheck_48_128.png

The best part of xmas is to hear the kids wake (every hour usually) and say "has he been yet" then I usually cave in around 5am, I tell the kids "I'm just going to check" so I get full view of there faces when I call them down the stairs and say "yes he's been" they have a SOFA each lol, but Its the only time of year they do get spoilt so don't see the problem, its such a happy time in our house just as it was when I was a kid
    Edited by: "kckleekyle" 20th Dec 2010

Our routine is:

The kids know we've been out and got them gifts, they know were they are in the house. They ask father christmas for a gift from their list. Christmas eve they have a bath and santa pops in a leaves them pressy specially gift wrapped on the sofa (christmas jimmys). Christmas day we go down stairs and see if he's been and they know by the identical wrapped present and then its a free for all.

Hopefully this will keep the magic going for a while.

Edited by: "antony4462" 20th Dec 2010

Lol, daily mail reading kids scared of paedo Santa.

Not necessarily you shopstildrops, just my mental image now

I tie the kids up whilst they are asleep and then spend Xmas day watching them trying to escape to get downstairs to the presents.......Good times.

Original Poster

glenncraneuk

Lol your the weirdo just let people do what they want.They may have less … Lol your the weirdo just let people do what they want.They may have less presents but is it always quantity or quality that counts?

Im not a weirdo ! i just thought it was the norm that kids ( especially young ones who believe ) jumped up xmas morning and excitedly opened there presents left by santa ( thats what i did as a kid and what mine do too ! ) ...ps any need for name calling btw

my son wakes me up normally dragging his stocking saying how he saw santa in his room etc! LOL he opend his stockng on our bed, we then rush down stairs ( hubs puts on christmas music ) son hunts his pressies out of the pile, hubs films and i go around with a black bag picking up the wrapping paper! LOL

Banned

antony4462

Our routine is:The kids know we've been out and got them gifts they know … Our routine is:The kids know we've been out and got them gifts they know were they are in the house, they ask father christmas for a gift from their list. Christmas eve they have a bath and santa pops in a leaves them pressy specially gift wrapped on the sofa (christmas jimmys). Christmas day we go down stairs and see if he's been and they know by the identical wrapped present and then its a free for all.Hopefully this will keep the magic going for a while.

When do you get the time to comb your hair - avatar hair is awesome!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?77
      2. What will £250 get me second hand mobile55
      3. Gaming PC £700 / £800 budget33
      4. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?11

See more discussions