Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Christmas present for my niece?

Posted 11th Dec 2019
Can anyone help me with a Christmas present suggestion for my niece? She’s 9 years old, loves gymnastics and very outgoing. I suppose, she’s just like any other 9 year old but I’ve simply no idea what to get her!

Anyone here with similar age kids that can point me in the right direction. Maximum of £40

Many thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
Fantastic gymnastic game?
Why not just ask her to suggest some things she might like?
Haircut_10011/12/2019 17:12

Why not just ask her to suggest some things she might like?

I actually did do that but the one thing she wanted was very expensive (£100+) and hard to get hold of (out of stock everywhere).
XO2111/12/2019 17:17

I actually did do that but the one thing she wanted was very expensive …I actually did do that but the one thing she wanted was very expensive (£100+) and hard to get hold of (out of stock everywhere).

What was it she wanted? Maybe you could use that to get some ideas of what kind of things she likes or is in to.
Ask her mam or dad, grandparents or other family what know what she likes, instead of random strangers with all good intentions might get it horribly wrong for you...
If you’re really unsure then maybe a gift voucher so she can get what she likes.
Harry Potter lego is quite popular with that age group. There's a kids tattoo, make up, hair chalk set that my daughter loved.. I'll try to find a link for you
Bargainhead11/12/2019 17:19

Ask her mam or dad, grandparents or other family what know what she likes, …Ask her mam or dad, grandparents or other family what know what she likes, instead of random strangers with all good intentions might get it horribly wrong for you...

I completely agree and get where you’re coming from with the response.

I just wanted to see if any HUKD members had kids of a similar age and had any suggestions that may help.
nadhaw11/12/2019 17:26

Harry Potter lego is quite popular with that age group. There's a kids …Harry Potter lego is quite popular with that age group. There's a kids tattoo, make up, hair chalk set that my daughter loved.. I'll try to find a link for you

It's called fablab style lab
Money
Haircut_10011/12/2019 17:18

What was it she wanted? Maybe you could use that to get some ideas of what …What was it she wanted? Maybe you could use that to get some ideas of what kind of things she likes or is in to.

That’s a great idea actually! It was some sort of doll ice cream van set which is now OOS on Amazon and £160 with third party sellers. I could maybe get something from the same brand
What about a styling head that she can put make up on and try out different hair styles, my daughter is the same age, that’s one of the things she’s asked for, she’s wanting to learn how to French plait and just play with different hair do’s, you can get them from between £15 & £30 on Amazon & Ebay, just becareful where the item is located as a lot are in Asia, you probably won’t get it in time for Christmas now from those countries
Thanks Claire, great suggestion. Appreciate the detail reply
Literally anything from Claire’s Accessories. My daughter was obsessed with that shop from ages 9-11. You could get vouchers and then take her out for the afternoon to spend them.
Chrisstara11/12/2019 17:53

Literally anything from Claire’s Accessories. My daughter was obsessed w …Literally anything from Claire’s Accessories. My daughter was obsessed with that shop from ages 9-11. You could get vouchers and then take her out for the afternoon to spend them.

Now that is a great idea! Thanks
When I take my 9 year old out she loves to go in to Flying Tiger ,spends ages in there
Smiggle is usually a hit with this age group, can’t go wrong with smiggley goodness! That, or Claire’s accessories, flying tiger, possibly even new look vouchers if you’re struggling for ideas?
XO2111/12/2019 17:33

That’s a great idea actually! It was some sort of doll ice cream van set w …That’s a great idea actually! It was some sort of doll ice cream van set which is now OOS on Amazon and £160 with third party sellers. I could maybe get something from the same brand

Was it the Our Generation doll ice cream van? If so then getting something else from the same range would be a sure-fire winner with her if she already has some dolls. There are plenty of different items to choose from that would come in under your budget.

smythstoys.com/uk/…447
Thanks all! You’ve been a huge help!

And yes @Haircut_100 it was that ice cream van, I’ll look at the Smyths link. Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions