Christmas present questions and answers thread

Found 16th Nov 2017
Tis the time when the kids start making demands and we try to find the best deal and whats suitable for the kids and whats not.

So here is a thread for such questions to indulge in the collective knowledge of HUKDers.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
CoeK2 h, 19 m ago

I feel left out since i don't have kids. What is a good present for my 3 …I feel left out since i don't have kids. What is a good present for my 3 year old niece? Is lego allowed for kids that age?

Drums, trumpets and pianos are best, especially if you don't visit often
Just finished a jigsaw in 3 weeks . Dead chuffed it says on the box 3-5 years .
25 Comments
I shall start my small person wants animal crossing happy home designer, is it much of a game without the NFC cards to go with it or do I have to buy loads of them too?
I feel left out since i don't have kids. What is a good present for my 3 year old niece? Is lego allowed for kids that age?
The hardest toy to find this Christmas is Luvabeau. Good luck if your child asks for that one.
CoeK30 m ago

I feel left out since i don't have kids. What is a good present for my 3 …I feel left out since i don't have kids. What is a good present for my 3 year old niece? Is lego allowed for kids that age?

The sets clearly state age range on the front its based on the difficulty of the kit and size of brick, duplo is for babies and thrn i think the next one is lego junior. Most of the sets we have i think say 7 - 10 on em
Segata-Sanshiro7 m ago

The sets clearly state age range on the front its based on the difficulty …The sets clearly state age range on the front its based on the difficulty of the kit and size of brick, duplo is for babies and thrn i think the next one is lego junior. Most of the sets we have i think say 7 - 10 on em

Aye but she is a big girl. I better stick to something she can't choke on i suppose. I just don't want to get her "girls" toys since i always end up having to play when i visit. Wish she could play xbox sometimes.
CoeK1 h, 10 m ago

My 2 year old nephew loves Duplo and its suitable from 1 and a half to 5 year olds so go for it
cdm2220 m ago

My 2 year old nephew loves Duplo and its suitable from 1 and a half to 5 …My 2 year old nephew loves Duplo and its suitable from 1 and a half to 5 year olds so go for it

What about the suitcase sets in the junior range she's not far off the mark as long as she's supervised it should be fine as they are age 4+

My son had loved the suitcase kit i think it was a petrol station, I can't remember how old he was at the time, he never took to duplo not much to it.

lego.com/en-…cts

I think if you look on the back and it has the 0-3 sad onion face on it that's to do with the choaking hazard, the stuff on the front is difficulty to build. But everyone is different and doesn't matter if you helping anyway.
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 16th Nov 2017
CoeK2 h, 19 m ago

psychobitchfromhell8 m ago

Last year we got her a little car that she sits on and when you press the button it does the frozen tune. We weren't popular after that. The batteries must have come from the future because they show no sign of stopping.
CoeK27 m ago

Last year we got her a little car that she sits on and when you press the …Last year we got her a little car that she sits on and when you press the button it does the frozen tune. We weren't popular after that. The batteries must have come from the future because they show no sign of stopping.

Friends did that to us with a toy that played old MacDonald had a farm. Thing was though each of the animals mooed or baahed it or quacked it. Said it came with demo batteries. They never ran out. Had the damn thing for years
psychobitchfromhell52 s ago

Friends did that to us with a toy that played old MacDonald had a farm. …Friends did that to us with a toy that played old MacDonald had a farm. Thing was though each of the animals mooed or baahed it or quacked it. Said it came with demo batteries. They never ran out. Had the damn thing for years

Would rather listen to that on repeat than watch one more episode of peppa pig.
CoeK13 m ago

Would rather listen to that on repeat than watch one more episode of peppa …Would rather listen to that on repeat than watch one more episode of peppa pig.

And then there was the duck that quacked the blue Danube. That was worse because it was clockwork. He had to have it as a lullabye. That was bad. And there were the tellytubbies..... Whatever you do though, never ever ever watch balamory. The tune will stay with you forever
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 16th Nov 2017
Just finished a jigsaw in 3 weeks . Dead chuffed it says on the box 3-5 years .
CoeK3 h, 16 m ago

Aye but she is a big girl. I better stick to something she can't choke on …Aye but she is a big girl. I better stick to something she can't choke on i suppose. I just don't want to get her "girls" toys since i always end up having to play when i visit. Wish she could play xbox sometimes.

Teach her Minecraft
Both my son's said
32450634-KcOye.jpg

Edited by: "summerof76" 16th Nov 2017
I have went for Magformers for my daughter , I wanted to Cry at the price but I think they will make a cool alternative building toy, although I will be indulging in the Lego carousel for my eldest daughter (and maybe me ) so the youngest will help with that aswell.
CoeK3 h, 21 m ago

Wish she could play xbox sometimes.

Teach her?
summerof7620 m ago

Both my son's said [Image]

That's cus you buy rubbish presents innit

deeky56 m ago

Teach her?

She is 3, that level of patience is a bit beyond her at the moment.
Segata-Sanshiro5 h, 22 m ago

So here is a thread for such questions to indulge in the collective …So here is a thread for such questions to indulge in the collective knowledge of HUKDers.

I missed out on the Salvator Mundi by Leonardo da Vinci at Christie's last night - unconfirmed rumours that I was outbid by Mutley.

32451339-D7Q31.jpg

My wife had set her heart on it for Christmas - do you think I will get away with this instead?

32451339-axbZL.jpg
Saturn16 m ago

I missed out on the Salvator Mundi by Leonardo da Vinci at Christie's last …I missed out on the Salvator Mundi by Leonardo da Vinci at Christie's last night - unconfirmed rumours that I was outbid by Mutley. [Image] My wife had set her heart on it for Christmas - do you think I will get away with this instead?[Image]

She'll never notice.
Saturn43 m ago

I missed out on the Salvator Mundi by Leonardo da Vinci at Christie's last …I missed out on the Salvator Mundi by Leonardo da Vinci at Christie's last night - unconfirmed rumours that I was outbid by Mutley. [Image] My wife had set her heart on it for Christmas - do you think I will get away with this instead?[Image]

Try this,
32451688-ubwSg.jpg
CoeK1 h, 7 m ago

She is 3, that level of patience is a bit beyond her at the moment.

Minecraft
shadey1210 m ago

Try this,[Image]

What's wrong with the one he suggested?
CoeK16th Nov

Aye but she is a big girl. I better stick to something she can't choke on …Aye but she is a big girl. I better stick to something she can't choke on i suppose. I just don't want to get her "girls" toys since i always end up having to play when i visit. Wish she could play xbox sometimes.

CoeK16th Nov

I wouldn't worry to much about the gender of toys, find out what kids like and don't worry about colour coding everything pink or blue or dolls vs cars, there are thoughts that restricting kids in the toys they play with because of gender constructs.

When I was younger, I really enjoyed musical and creative toys, art based things, dinosaurs, vehicles of varying nature, sports based things like a toy archery set or hula hoop or bike, also there was a dollhouse in the attic I was a fan of yet none of the characters or furniture matched because it was so old and parts were lost lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions