Christmas presents for cats

Posted 16th Dec 2019
I haven't got my cats anything yet !

what should I get them ??
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
Dreamies selection pack, you can never fail with cats and dreamies, even the advert gets all our cats attention when they shake the packet.
Cans of tuna! Never fails!
A puppy
Oh no! But there's still time.

Pets At Home's pet Xmas presents are almost all for dogs, I don't get it.
What about this Cat Gift Box from Tesco for just £2.00

39397681-morhp.jpg
Cosmic catnip toys! Pets at home sell them and ours open their own pressies... they do bananas, cigars, tomatoes, lemons, loads more types
Edited by: "choccie32" 16th Dec 2019
oscarcat16/12/2019 12:53

What about this Cat Gift Box from Tesco for just £2.00[Image]

Might get that for my uncle's cats. Thanks for posting
got a water fountain.
staying away from likes of dreamies which are not great for cats.
oscarcat16/12/2019 12:53

What about this Cat Gift Box from Tesco for just £2.00[Image]

i got this for my cats for a early christmas present, they love it!
Well cats don't know that it's Christmas so no need to go overboard or overthink it. Just go to somewhere like Home Bargains, B&M, or Poundland and pick up a bag of treat sticks or dental treats.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 16th Dec 2019
Last Xmas we bought our cat an indoor dog house (he’s not exactly a small cat) and he’s always in there asleep because it’s warm and dark, he loves it. We will be buying him another this Xmas, he uses it that frequently it now stinks
Speaking from years of experience of buying junk that the cat wont use I now have a foolproof list for my cat which consists of a couple of boxes of the really posh food like encore or applaws, a large catnip toy that she can have a proper fight with and the cheap cardboard scratch pads, the larger the better as she likes to sleep on them lol.
Mouse
Reindeer outfit!

39400127-OiQtt.jpg
deleted1447778
Whatever you get them they will be more interested in the wrapping paper.

If they were my cats it would be a one way ticket to the vet, I hate cats
Mine loves those catnip balls and the catnip scratching post. Failing that a tin of tuna is always a winner although she gets this every day so not really a treat
devil_tez16/12/2019 15:00

Speaking from years of experience of buying junk that the cat wont use I …Speaking from years of experience of buying junk that the cat wont use I now have a foolproof list for my cat which consists of a couple of boxes of the really posh food like encore or applaws, a large catnip toy that she can have a proper fight with and the cheap cardboard scratch pads, the larger the better as she likes to sleep on them lol.

This is pretty much my cat's favorites too, Applaws (Tuna wet food and chicken dry food) with various catnip toys. Ohh and of course her favourite Amazon box!
Edited by: "Gormond" 16th Dec 2019
melted16/12/2019 15:36

Reindeer outfit! [Image]

Worth buying a pair of these for you to wear when you dress the cat:
39400769-02afc.jpg
39401107-jmQuk.jpgMine loves toys that I can put on the top of his tower so he can knock them down!!! But he's got way too many already!!!
Tuna is ok for an occasional treat,but shouldn't be fed as a diet as it doesn't have the nutritional qualities a cat needs.Plus it can cause mercury poisoning over time.
Stick to Dreamies and catnip.It's like crack to a cat
joeydeacon16/12/2019 14:44

Last Xmas we bought our cat an indoor dog house (he’s not exactly a small c …Last Xmas we bought our cat an indoor dog house (he’s not exactly a small cat) and he’s always in there asleep because it’s warm and dark, he loves it. We will be buying him another this Xmas, he uses it that frequently it now stinks

I saw those on Amazon and was thinking about getting one but wasn’t sure whether it would be used but it’s good to know that other people’s cats seem to like them. I might get one and hopefully I won’t be woken by my cat jumping up and perching on me in the middle of the night!
The yeoowwwww catnip toys on amazon are very good
AllyOxenFree16/12/2019 22:04

The Yeow catnip toys are the only ones we buy for our cat now, he’s pretty much rejected everything else, plus he’s 19 and still shows an interest in them
AllyOxenFree16/12/2019 22:04

I think I saw an Instagram advert for the banana one where the cats were going crazy! Might get some of them!
devil_tez16/12/2019 15:00

Speaking from years of experience of buying junk that the cat wont use I …Speaking from years of experience of buying junk that the cat wont use I now have a foolproof list for my cat which consists of a couple of boxes of the really posh food like encore or applaws, a large catnip toy that she can have a proper fight with and the cheap cardboard scratch pads, the larger the better as she likes to sleep on them lol.

I agree, Encore and Applaws is pretty much the best food out there. Our cat is meant to eat prescription food designed for renal conditions but he just won’t eat it whatsoever, we’ve had more success just sticking to the brands you mentioned. Sainsbury’s also do their own food that comes in packaging resembling Encore (can’t remember the name) which is also good. Sheba is about the only run of the mill style cat food we otherwise buy.

FYI Felix branded food is actually really bad for cats (not that anyone’s mentioned it), you might as well give your cat a plate of ash.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions