Christmas recipes

Posted 28th Nov
Hello, so I’m wondering how everyone cooks there veg, (not just boiled) haha, and there Turkey. I absolutely love cooking over Christmas, but I’m bored of doing the same recipes, so does anyone have there own traditional ways of marinating or cooking. Would really love to hear.
We all have turkey dripping on toast Christmas morning so would be lovely to hear some nice marinades.
Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Turkey is a dry meat, especially on day 2. So a decent gravy with Chipotle flakes. Served with chips. A perfect boxing day 'easy meal' when no one can be bothered to cook.
Ringfinger28/11/2019 11:46

Turkey is a dry meat, especially on day 2. So a decent gravy with Chipotle …Turkey is a dry meat, especially on day 2. So a decent gravy with Chipotle flakes. Served with chips. A perfect boxing day 'easy meal' when no one can be bothered to cook.

Thank you @Ringfinger I will try that.
Just curious as to How you get your "turkey" dripping, seeing as turkey is not a fatty bird? Do you cook your bird in Christmas eve to have the dripping on Christmas morning?
No issues with dripping on toast, proper old school.
Bargybee28/11/2019 11:55

We all have turkey dripping on toast Christmas morning

You what?
cideristhefuture28/11/2019 15:48

Just curious as to How you get your "turkey" dripping, seeing as turkey is …Just curious as to How you get your "turkey" dripping, seeing as turkey is not a fatty bird? Do you cook your bird in Christmas eve to have the dripping on Christmas morning? No issues with dripping on toast, proper old school.

Hi yes I buy a whole turkey, cook it the day before, drain liquids, wait to cool & then put it in the fridge too set. We get very competitive with other members of the family in different households as too who gets the most dripping.
deeky28/11/2019 15:55

You what?

@deeky don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, dash of black pepper. Yum
Bargybee28/11/2019 16:04

@deeky don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, dash of black pepper. Yum (lo …@deeky don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, dash of black pepper. Yum

I'll give it a miss, ta, and just go straight to playing with my hoop and stick
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants