Christmas Time.....Officially?

Editor 33 replies
Found 13th Dec 2014
I finished work yesterday until January (sorry for anybody who hasn't, or can't get time off for party's)

Mooching round the house, kids are out with the other half got Christmas songs on the radio and I have uncharacteristically decided to make some soup.

When do you guys finish for Christmas?

Oh wanted to share something, you have probably seen it before, but it was a first for me.

33 Comments

I'm working 14 hours Christmas day. I've kinda got 5 days off now for a break

Original Poster Editor

theg

I'm working 14 hours Christmas day. I've kinda got 5 days off now for a … I'm working 14 hours Christmas day. I've kinda got 5 days off now for a break

Ouch thats harsh mate

only day off I have is new years eve but at least I will have plenty money to buy more stuff I don't need

BuzzDuraband

Jingle Bells - Supermarket Edition

I'm off work on 'garden leave' at the moment, however potential jury duty next week but not too bad that I am off all over xmas.

I had not seen that video before, it was brilliant and i've just shared it on Facebook - certainly puts a smile on your face.

Original Poster Editor

Bingohomer

I'm off work on 'garden leave' at the moment, however potential jury duty … I'm off work on 'garden leave' at the moment, however potential jury duty next week but not too bad that I am off all over xmas.I had not seen that video before, it was brilliant and i've just shared it on Facebook - certainly puts a smile on your face.

With any luck jury duty will not be needed, and you may just pick up a 20th Anniversary Edition PS4 on your time off

I finish the 23rd and off until the 30th.
Working 30th and 31st then off until the 5th so I'm happy with that.

I'm currently sitting in cinema with kids waiting for Get Santa to start,film time changed so we're 20 mins early

I have had Christmas songs blasting for the last two weeks

Banned

19th December

My Hubby has to work Christmas Day Boxing Day New Years Eve and New Years Day 6am to 6pm:(

Banned

Bingohomer

I'm off work on 'garden leave' at the moment, however potential jury duty … I'm off work on 'garden leave' at the moment, however potential jury duty next week but not too bad that I am off all over xmas.I had not seen that video before, it was brilliant and i've just shared it on Facebook - certainly puts a smile on your face.

Just find them guilty for ruining your christmas break period.

I finish on the 19th for 2 weeks:)

I finished on Wednesday, back on 7th January

working 6-2 Mon-Wed( 22-24th); then thur & fri off. Don't work weekends, then back on following Monday for 2-10's on mon-wed & friday.

Self Employed so I finished around September, and ill start again about end of Feb!X)

Winter isn't our best season... luckily Summer is booming.

18th until 5th...

Self Employed so close up shop at 1pm Xmas Eve after the hoards have cleared our shop out of food, then down the pub with the wife and staff for a quick drink before home, a hot bath and a Xmas Eve Takeaway Curry. Open again the following Monday..

We'll both looking forward to the break, even if it's a short one for us..

Only Christmas Day,Boxing day and New Year's Day off

Not worked since March 2003 when I gave up to be a full time stay at home dad. My lad is almost 12 now and not quite got round to going back to work yet. I am kind of scared to do so, who wants a 44 yr old when young ones struggle to find jobs?

I kind of find every day same as the last including Christmas unfortunately.
Edited by: "submerged" 13th Dec 2014

Working Xmas day 7-3
Boxing day 7-3

19-5th jan :P fully paid with bonus nom nom

I finish on Thursday and go back on the 5th. Can't wait.

Banned

submerged

Not worked since March 2003 when I gave up to be a full time stay at home … Not worked since March 2003 when I gave up to be a full time stay at home dad. My lad is almost 12 now and not quite got round to going back to work yet. I am kind of scared to do so, who wants a 44 yr old when young ones struggle to find jobs?I kind of find every day same as the last including Christmas unfortunately.

Lots of people prefer older workers, less time off sick, more experience, less time playing with mobile phones and chatting. I think you just need to regain your confidence dude. I speak from experience, I am 43 and landed the best job I've ever had last year. It's out there, go look for it; agencies, websites etc. Think how proud your boy will be. Get back to work and weekends will be something to look forward to again. Trust me

I finished on 10th November had to go off for foot surgery. Currently not due back to work until 29th Dec all being well. But if I was still at work last shift would of been 23rd Dec. They had asked for people to work xmas eve night & finish xmas day morning at 4am. But there was no chance me agreeing to that!!

Starting chemo on Wednesday so not quite sure how I feel about Christmas this year. Never feels like Christmas anyway until Curly Sue has been on the telly

Musician

Lots of people prefer older workers, less time off sick, more … Lots of people prefer older workers, less time off sick, more experience, less time playing with mobile phones and chatting. I think you just need to regain your confidence dude. I speak from experience, I am 43 and landed the best job I've ever had last year. It's out there, go look for it; agencies, websites etc. Think how proud your boy will be. Get back to work and weekends will be something to look forward to again. Trust me

Well said & good luck submerged stay strong for your son you're doing a great job being a dad

Butterbean

Starting chemo on Wednesday so not quite sure how I feel about Christmas … Starting chemo on Wednesday so not quite sure how I feel about Christmas this year. Never feels like Christmas anyway until Curly Sue has been on the telly

Good luck with the chemo Butterbean.

Yeah good Luck Butterbean.

Thanks for comments guys. It's easier said than done at the moment as been so long since I last worked.

in addition to my comment further up this thread - this year is actually the longest xmas break i remember having, used to work nights and had to be in on boxing day night every year.
usually get xmas; boxing and new years day's off, it's just fell nice so i get four days in a row off!
@butterbean hope it all goes well (or as well as it can depending on the circumstances)

Butterbean

Starting chemo on Wednesday so not quite sure how I feel about Christmas … Starting chemo on Wednesday so not quite sure how I feel about Christmas this year. Never feels like Christmas anyway until Curly Sue has been on the telly

My brother was diagnosed with myeloid leukaemia this time last year so Christmas was chemotherapy and hospital for him and then two more rounds finishing in March. He's in remission now. I wish you all the very best, try to keep positive and be kind to yourself xx

Butterbean

chin up old boy, all the best to you!

Butterbean

Best of luck to you, stay positive, and remember though we're in your computer, we care!
http://animationsa2z.com/attachments/Image/goodluck/goodluck1.gif

Finish 3pm Christmas 'eve, then back in at 7am on the Saturday.

muffin247

19-5th jan :P fully paid with bonus nom nom

Same here except the bonus part
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769650
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2245
    3. Boredom1721
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522899

See more discussions