Groups

★★★★ Christmas tree competition ★★★★ WIN A £10 AMAZON VOUCHER! ★★★★

2014 winner is...... livingthelife07

Honorary twig winner is....... fern37

Welcome to the 2014 Christmas tree competition!!

To enter, take a photo of your tree and post it in the comments by 23:59 on 24th December.

I'll pick a winner on Christmas Day, who will receive a £10 Amazon voucher!

Rules:
    • Include a piece of paper in the photo of your username and date.
    • One entry household.
    • Must have been a member for at least 3 months.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

94 Comments

Original Poster

http://thinkcreativ.co.uk/images/xmastreecomp.png

Last years competition, winner was haritori hotukdeals.com/mis…101
    Edited by: "nicster08" 9th Dec 2014

http://i59.tinypic.com/6qb5dz.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/wlbodv/8

Banned

http://s30.postimg.org/wisz14v01/tree.jpg

Oh Bazza, bless you for that.

Hello Nic, can I post my classroom one just to share. I am so pleased with it. We don't put ours up at home until my son has had his birthday cards up a week. I won't put my name, just my tutor group.
    Edited by: "Henvig" 10th Dec 2014

bazzamone

Thats a bit rude oO

You're right. Spell correct....will edit.

bazzamone

Youve fixed it :)Im not deleting my first quote of it though

I don't want you too. Otherwise your post looks nuts!

Fuzzy head, not making much sense and I don't drink!

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t612/toast_movg/SAM_2634_zps3734d641.jpg~original

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t612/toast_movg/SAM_2635_zps5c42467d.jpg~original
    Edited by: "MrToast" 10th Dec 2014

Banned

MrToast

Nice Tree Toast

That sofa looks comfy I used to have one like that till an evil witch said she wanted a new sofa Miss my sofa we had many a comfy nights drunk downstairs together.

bazzamone

Nice Tree Toast :)That sofa looks comfy I used to have one like that till … Nice Tree Toast :)That sofa looks comfy I used to have one like that till an evil witch said she wanted a new sofa Miss my sofa we had many a comfy nights drunk downstairs together.

lol I sleep on mine regularly

Banned

MrToast

lol I sleep on mine regularly

Yeah me to but know I get dead arms and legs and wake up with cramp

Don't ever let your wife get rid of it

Give the prize to the smallest cheapest tree, chances are that person is too poor for a big fancy one thus more in need, my tree is a rubbish little 3ft one, same as last year and the year before that etc so I don't see any point in taking a picture of it again.

Error440

Give the prize to the smallest cheapest tree, chances are that person is … Give the prize to the smallest cheapest tree, chances are that person is too poor for a big fancy one thus more in need, my tree is a rubbish little 3ft one, same as last year and the year before that etc so I don't see any point in taking a picture of it again.

I'm not in it for the prize, our tree is 7ft so we are obviously rich.

Error440

Give the prize to the smallest cheapest tree, chances are that person is … Give the prize to the smallest cheapest tree, chances are that person is too poor for a big fancy one thus more in need, my tree is a rubbish little 3ft one, same as last year and the year before that etc so I don't see any point in taking a picture of it again.

Exactly; someone who has a 10 foot £200 jobbie in their living room doesn't really need the £10 voucher if they can afford that to be fair.

Original Poster

Henvig

Hello Nic, can I post my classroom one just to share. I am so pleased … Hello Nic, can I post my classroom one just to share. I am so pleased with it. We don't put ours up at home until my son has had his birthday cards up a week. I won't put my name, just my tutor group.

That's fine Henvig!

Banned

Error440

What a silly comment, Christmas Trees and decorations cost very little, you can get very expensive small trees also.

So going by your logic only poor people should win comps, Hey look the Flame deer comp why not PM admin to only let members win that have posted at least 3 Woah is me complaining posts.

Banned

Very nice of you to do this Nicster

i can't even afford a tree so i should win
    http://www.theme-party-palace.com/images/christmas-tree-coloring-page.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rQMuU9k.jpg

So when can i expect my voucher ?

Original Poster

Error440

What's to say that the person with the biggest & best tree has had the tree & decorations years and can't afford a new one?!

If you want an expensive tree try balsamhill.co.uk/

Original Poster

bazzamone

Very nice of you to do this Nicster

Thanks, done it last year too. Pretty sure another member used to do it before me.

I don't use HUKD as much as I used to but thought I'd still do it anyway.

bazzamone

What a silly comment, Christmas Trees and decorations cost very little, … What a silly comment, Christmas Trees and decorations cost very little, you can get very expensive small trees also.So going by your logic only poor people should win comps, Hey look the Flame deer comp why not PM admin to only let members win that have posted at least 3 Woah is me complaining posts.

you can tell by looking, same applies to age of the stuff, well excuse me for thinking if you've got enough money to buy a big tree full of fancy stuff 10 squid will mean very little to you.

Banned

Error440

you can tell by looking, same applies to age of the stuff, well excuse me … you can tell by looking, same applies to age of the stuff, well excuse me for thinking if you've got enough money to buy a big tree full of fancy stuff 10 squid will mean very little to you.

I could afford to buy all the prizes in the flamedeer comp but I'd still like to win it all

Maybe the winner will give it to charity which seems what alot of people would do on this site just as I would.

Why does anyone compete when they don't need the prize?

Error440

what a lot of crap

Please put the handbags down and keep this thread on topic in respect of the op who has kindly put up this competition.

transit

Please put the handbags down and keep this thread on topic in respect of … Please put the handbags down and keep this thread on topic in respect of the op who has kindly put up this competition.

you'll be helper AND vip within the year if you keep up the good work transit!

pic from last years thread which amused me.....

http://i.imgur.com/Qfn5V.jpg

bazzamone

I could afford to buy all the prizes in the flamedeer comp but I'd still … I could afford to buy all the prizes in the flamedeer comp but I'd still like to win it all :)Maybe the winner will give it to charity which seems what alot of people would do on this site just as I would.Why does anyone compete when they don't need the prize?

It's not about the winning...... it's the taking part

bazzamone

That's the first time I've actually made a laughing sort of noise for absolutely yonks X)

adamck

So when can i expect my voucher ?

Seriously - with your epic, now legendary, Photoshop skills, that's the best you could come up with? X)
    Edited by: "deeky" 10th Dec 2014

staceybaby

It's not about the winning...... it's the taking part

as if anyone is going to win X) only thing I'm interested in is the xbox 360 and the xbox one, I have an evergreen, I don't even know what that strange wrist band thing is its not quite a pipboy thats for sure.

bazzamone

What a silly comment, Christmas Trees and decorations cost very little, … What a silly comment, Christmas Trees and decorations cost very little, you can get very expensive small trees also.So going by your logic only poor people should win comps, Hey look the Flame deer comp why not PM admin to only let members win that have posted at least 3 Woah is me complaining posts.

I think what she is saying in a more or less round about way is she should win as she is poor!

Some folk need to get off their back sides and actually help themselves and not just expect things handed to them in a plate!

Heres mine, not sure if you can make out the name and date?

http://rs1075.pbsrc.com/albums/w423/rdtorres/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141210_181132950.jpg~320x480

brilly

you'll be helper AND vip within the year if you keep up the good work … you'll be helper AND vip within the year if you keep up the good work transit!

..if not The Pope.

Error440

Well why not get a job then you can maybe buy a nice tree instead of moaning!

The prize should go to whoever has the nicest tree and who ever has made an effort

rdtorres

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/peter_sellers_pink_panther.jpg

Yup, you're fine.

Edited by: "deeky" 10th Dec 2014

bazzamone

Why does anyone compete when they don't need the prize?

I always compete for the children's hospitals. ( its a charity thing i don't like to talk about )

My tree is falling to pieces and isn't helped by a kitten climbing up it and attacking the baubles on it, so one I won't be entering :-(
    Good luck everyone xx

Glad to see this one running again nicster will pop our tree pic up tomorrow

Original Poster

rdtorres

Can't see the name & date at all...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30121
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767408
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047170
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2136

See more discussions