Christmas Vacancies / Jobs - Various retailers

Refreshed 21st Sep (Posted 9th Sep)
Update 2
Updated with new vacancies
Hey all, Christmas is creeping up pretty fast now so i've put together a list of retailers offering temporary jobs / vacancies to help bag some extra cash and/or those struggling for work.

Some are also permanent so well worth a look!

See below, i've included links to said retailers but expect more to appear over the next few weeks, if you noticed i've missed any please let me know and i can add in!

Good luck with your applications!

3291663.jpg

Royal Mail

GAME

Marks & Spencer

Argos

Poundland

Tesco

Arcadia Group

Yodel

Boots

John Lewis & Partners

Debenhams

Waitrose

Primark

SportsDirect

Next

River Island

Estée Lauder Group including Clinique, Mac Cosmetics, Jo Malone, Aveda & More

World Duty Free (Airports)

H.Samuel / Ernest Jones

Beaverbrooks

Lush

Footasylum

Matalan

Smyths Toys

Harrods

WHSmith

H&M

CeX

Superdrug

Halfords

DPD

DixonsCarphone - Includes CurrysPCWorld, Carphone Warehouse, ID Mobile etc

Amazon

TKMaxx

Topshop / Topman

DHL

ALDI

thetoyshop.com (The Entertainer)

B&M

The body shop

Dr Martens

Tesco
Community Updates
Update 1
New vacancies added
Top comments
Thanks very much for this post! I'm a student and I've been looking and applying for jobs all summer with no luck!
I know that my opinion is not relevant for anyone. But I just want to give some advice to you guys, If you have an opportunity not to work, take your time. Money comes and goes away, but the moments spent with your family and friends will stay forever with you. Especially If you are young, you may think that everything is permanent, but it's not like this, you never know when it is the last time you say goodbye to someone you love.
singhisking6809/09/2019 20:07

It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you …It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you do everything legally, and have good communication skills, basic product knowledge with market demand and supply.You can't become like Amazon in one year or two. It needs lots of failures, sacrifices, experience,hard work, dedication and most importantly your PASSION, your hope, your promises.... Its like this anything you do should enjoy it rather do it forcefully like job..... That is how successful businesses are created.

You’re a real know it all. But not much constructive advice, just how easy everything is. When in reality, it isn’t .
singhisking6809/09/2019 18:15

Then be self employed... Buy and sell online platform like eBay, Amazon, …Then be self employed... Buy and sell online platform like eBay, Amazon, Shopify, FB, etc... You are your boss with part time, flexible work and hours... Nothing can't be better than that..

It's not that easy to start your own business.
80 Comments
Thanks very much for this post! I'm a student and I've been looking and applying for jobs all summer with no luck!
deals6909/09/2019 14:57

Thanks very much for this post! I'm a student and I've been looking and …Thanks very much for this post! I'm a student and I've been looking and applying for jobs all summer with no luck!

Good luck with the above if you decide to apply for any, more and more are appearing so i'll update as/when
Edited by: "goonertillidie" 9th Sep
There are always driving opportunities with major retailers all year round... IF YOU REALLY WANT TO WORK !
goonertillidie09/09/2019 15:00

Good luck with the above if you decide to apply for any above, more and …Good luck with the above if you decide to apply for any above, more and more are appearing so i'll update as/when

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it!
Ah I miss the old student job hunt, worked for Tescos, Sainsers and M&S before M&S being by far the best, this was 16 years ago however lol.
Donkii09/09/2019 15:08

Ah I miss the old student job hunt, worked for Tescos, Sainsers and M&S …Ah I miss the old student job hunt, worked for Tescos, Sainsers and M&S before M&S being by far the best, this was 16 years ago however lol.

Now M&S may not be the best, not because of the working environment but because of job security if you intend to stay on after Christmas.
jamie1509/09/2019 16:12

Now M&S may not be the best, not because of the working environment but …Now M&S may not be the best, not because of the working environment but because of job security if you intend to stay on after Christmas.

Yeah agreed, Christmas staff is just what it says. If you are wanting to apply again in the summer or the next Christmas it does count for you if you have been in before I found... well if you were good. M&S used to give a discount card to their temps , while Tesco only did to full time staff.
Very useful, thanks
singhisking6809/09/2019 15:04

There are always driving opportunities with major retailers all year …There are always driving opportunities with major retailers all year round... IF YOU REALLY WANT TO WORK !

With who?
Misslovely09/09/2019 18:00

With who?

Asda, Tesco, Iceland, ocado, Argos, etc and more like Amazon, dpd, myhermes, FedEx, royal mail, parcel force.
You name it they have it.... But you should willing to turn up and do the job
singhisking6809/09/2019 18:04

Asda, Tesco, Iceland, ocado, Argos, etc and more like Amazon, dpd, …Asda, Tesco, Iceland, ocado, Argos, etc and more like Amazon, dpd, myhermes, FedEx, royal mail, parcel force.You name it they have it.... But you should willing to turn up and do the job

For mums it's hard if your hubby wont help with kids wish more employers gave mums non paid holidays in summer so we can have more variety to work in.
Misslovely09/09/2019 18:13

For mums it's hard if your hubby wont help with kids wish more … For mums it's hard if your hubby wont help with kids wish more employers gave mums non paid holidays in summer so we can have more variety to work in.

Then be self employed... Buy and sell online platform like eBay, Amazon, Shopify, FB, etc... You are your boss with part time, flexible work and hours... Nothing can't be better than that..

Then be self employed... Buy and sell online platform like eBay, Amazon, …Then be self employed... Buy and sell online platform like eBay, Amazon, Shopify, FB, etc... You are your boss with part time, flexible work and hours... Nothing can't be better than that..

Few examples to sell please mr Singh? Thanks

jamie1509/09/2019 19:01

It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you do everything legally, and have good communication skills, basic product knowledge with market demand and supply.
You can't become like Amazon in one year or two. It needs lots of failures, sacrifices, experience,hard work, dedication and most importantly your PASSION, your hope, your promises.... Its like this anything you do should enjoy it rather do it forcefully like job..... That is how successful businesses are created.
Misslovely09/09/2019 18:22

Few examples to sell please mr Singh? Thanks

Madam, you are on right platform already. LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES.
There are 100s infact 1000s of opportunities everyday on HUKD itself. Just grab and use it.
Think different, Be Different... I can't disclose everything here, but hope this bit helps

It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you …It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you do everything legally, and have good communication skills, basic product knowledge with market demand and supply.You can't become like Amazon in one year or two. It needs lots of failures, sacrifices, experience,hard work, dedication and most importantly your PASSION, your hope, your promises.... Its like this anything you do should enjoy it rather do it forcefully like job..... That is how successful businesses are created.

Sorry, I meant a successful business. It is definitely possible but not so easy that anybody could do it without the required skills you mention - not everyone possesses all of that knowledge or may have to time to operate a business. Plus it is a lot of additional stress and generally financial risk.
jamie1509/09/2019 20:10

Sorry, I meant a successful business. It is definitely possible but not so …Sorry, I meant a successful business. It is definitely possible but not so easy that anybody could do it without the required skills you mention - not everyone possesses all of that knowledge or may have to time to operate a business. Plus it is a lot of additional stress and generally financial risk.

Until you start walking towards your goal or destination, you never gona reach there... THINK BIG .. SIR
singhisking6809/09/2019 20:12

Until you start walking towards your goal or destination, you never gona …Until you start walking towards your goal or destination, you never gona reach there... THINK BIG .. SIR

I don't disagree, but sometimes responsibilities hold you back.

There are always driving opportunities with major retailers all year …There are always driving opportunities with major retailers all year round... IF YOU REALLY WANT TO WORK !

If you can drive ....
They are always looking for drivers because drivers collect penalty driving licence points very fast ...

If you want to lose your Driving licence - go for it
Edited by: "vasya" 11th Sep
Tk maxx and top shop are recruiting as well
Misslovely09/09/2019 18:13

For mums it's hard if your hubby wont help with kids

Sounds like you need a new husband!
Edited by: "Add_to_Basket" 11th Sep

And what if the person who really wants to work doesn't drive?
So... what's your job, aside from trolling?
Good post, I had a Christmas temp job with Boots, quite a good company to work for, ten years ago.
vasya11/09/2019 10:40

They are always looking for drivers because drivers collect penalty …They are always looking for drivers because drivers collect penalty driving licence points very fast ...If you want to lose your Driving licence - go for it

What a load of rubbish. I know a few people who do deliveries for companies and the reason a lot of people leave is because it's 0 hour contracts so not guaranteed. Nothing to do with losing your license. If you drive like an idiot you deserve to lose it but only you are in control of that.
I’m too old now, I expect, at 68, but it’s something I’ve always fancied doing over the Christmas period. I can imagine it would mess up my pension/tax etc.
Good post, thanks for sharing OP. I found it really difficult to get a job straight out of school and so applied for an Argos Christmas temp job as a stopgap, however they ended up keeping us all on after Christmas so I became full time. It wasn't much but it was good experience and a good stepping stone to get me to where I am now. Retail had its ups and downs but it's definitely worth it to improve your people skills, develop some sort of commercial awareness and gain an understanding of what a proper job entails.
Can I get a mortgage/rental agreement with one of these jobs?
Thanks for this, really appreciate the effort you have gone to
Would love a temporary driving job earn extra on the side, do you know if they accept drivers with 6 points for any of the driving roles?
ColleenCeol10/09/2019 17:49

If you can drive ....

....if can't then be a bike courier for deliveroo,uber eats,dhl,fed ex etc..unless you can't ride a bike.

....failing that be the person delivering flyers,menus etc..unless you can't walk.
abdi1234611/09/2019 11:43

Would love a temporary driving job earn extra on the side, do you know if …Would love a temporary driving job earn extra on the side, do you know if they accept drivers with 6 points for any of the driving roles?

Why when they can just as easily get someone with 0?!
Christmas retail jobs...you couldn't pay me to do that. Well you could and would if course but it wouldn't be enough.
Try Wetherspoon, my 17 year old son got a part-time job there as a chef with no prior experience (well, he took food tech at school) - and it's not just micro waving the meals (lasagne and shepeards pie are though) it's actual cooking!

You’re a real know it all. But not much constructive advice, just how easy everything is. When in reality, it isn’t .
Good news for people who want a temporary job over Christmas.

Bad news for existing employees in shops, many of whom are on short hour contracts, and nearly all of whom are on very low hourly rates.

They'd welcome extra hours over the festive period to get money to pay for Christmas, but employers prefer lots of staff on short hours rather than fewer staff on more hours as this keeps costs down, including employer responsibility to pay NI and to offer pension schemes.
Cleaners always wanted check firms websites part time huge staff turn over as min wage work and mostly early mornings
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants