Christmas Vacancies / Jobs - Various retailers

Posted 9th Sep
Update 1
New vacancies added
Hey all, Christmas is creeping up pretty fast now so i've put together a list of retailers offering temporary jobs / vacancies to help bag some extra cash and/or those struggling for work.

Some are also permanent so well worth a look!

See below, i've included links to said retailers but expect more to appear over the next few weeks, if you noticed i've missed any please let me know and i can add in!

Good luck with your applications!

3291663.jpg

Royal Mail

GAME

Marks & Spencer

Argos

Poundland

Tesco

Arcadia Group

Yodel

Boots

John Lewis & Partners

Debenhams

Waitrose

Primark

SportsDirect

Next

River Island

Estée Lauder Group including Clinique, Mac Cosmetics, Jo Malone, Aveda & More

World Duty Free (Airports)

H.Samuel / Ernest Jones

Beaverbrooks

Lush

Footasylum

Matalan

Smyths Toys

Harrods

WHSmith

H&M

CeX

Superdrug

Halfords

DPD

DixonsCarphone - Includes CurrysPCWorld, Carphone Warehouse, ID Mobile etc

Amazon

TKMaxx

Topshop / Topman

DHL
Community Updates
Top comments
Thanks very much for this post! I'm a student and I've been looking and applying for jobs all summer with no luck!
I know that my opinion is not relevant for anyone. But I just want to give some advice to you guys, If you have an opportunity not to work, take your time. Money comes and goes away, but the moments spent with your family and friends will stay forever with you. Especially If you are young, you may think that everything is permanent, but it's not like this, you never know when it is the last time you say goodbye to someone you love.
deals6909/09/2019 14:57

Thanks very much for this post! I'm a student and I've been looking and …Thanks very much for this post! I'm a student and I've been looking and applying for jobs all summer with no luck!

Good luck with the above if you decide to apply for any, more and more are appearing so i'll update as/when
Edited by: "goonertillidie" 9th Sep
singhisking6809/09/2019 20:07

It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you …It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you do everything legally, and have good communication skills, basic product knowledge with market demand and supply.You can't become like Amazon in one year or two. It needs lots of failures, sacrifices, experience,hard work, dedication and most importantly your PASSION, your hope, your promises.... Its like this anything you do should enjoy it rather do it forcefully like job..... That is how successful businesses are created.

You’re a real know it all. But not much constructive advice, just how easy everything is. When in reality, it isn’t .
66 Comments
anewman11/09/2019 11:41

Can I get a mortgage/rental agreement with one of these jobs?

I highly doubt it as it is only a temporary contract
abdi1234611/09/2019 11:43

Would love a temporary driving job earn extra on the side, do you know if …Would love a temporary driving job earn extra on the side, do you know if they accept drivers with 6 points for any of the driving roles?

For most companies 6 points is the maximum allowed
I know that my opinion is not relevant for anyone. But I just want to give some advice to you guys, If you have an opportunity not to work, take your time. Money comes and goes away, but the moments spent with your family and friends will stay forever with you. Especially If you are young, you may think that everything is permanent, but it's not like this, you never know when it is the last time you say goodbye to someone you love.
singhisking6809/09/2019 20:09

Madam, you are on right platform already. LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES.There are …Madam, you are on right platform already. LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES.There are 100s infact 1000s of opportunities everyday on HUKD itself. Just grab and use it.Think different, Be Different... I can't disclose everything here, but hope this bit helps

This just reads like a motivational speaker/stock broker/FX trader who thinks they have all the answers to life and will try and sell you a course to teach you to get rich. Dont forget to add pictures of the lamborghini steering wheel and 6 rolexes on your wrist.

Im sorry to have to disagree with everything there. Yes its easy to start a business in the UK. It costs nothing to register a limited company. Yes HUKD has opportunities (bulk buy something cheap and flog it). But in practice this is utter tosh, you need to do book-keeping, accounting, inventory, postage, delivery, customer service - after which your returns are basically nothing.

A select few people turn their passions into a business, but i doubt it is doable or profitable for everyone.
Misslovely09/09/2019 18:00

With who?

With whom. Maybe you need to improve your job hunting skill set
If you’re looking to boost your confidence and work on social skills I highly recommend working at LUSH for Christmas! Amazing pay also
goonertillidie09/09/2019 15:00

Good luck with the above if you decide to apply for any, more and more are …Good luck with the above if you decide to apply for any, more and more are appearing so i'll update as/when

Such a good post!!! 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿
singhisking6809/09/2019 20:07

It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you …It is infact very easy to start your own business in this country. If you do everything legally, and have good communication skills, basic product knowledge with market demand and supply.You can't become like Amazon in one year or two. It needs lots of failures, sacrifices, experience,hard work, dedication and most importantly your PASSION, your hope, your promises.... Its like this anything you do should enjoy it rather do it forcefully like job..... That is how successful businesses are created.

And don't forget the main thing to become a success is tax fraud..these companies maybe big but in reality you have to do dodgy dealings to become succesful.
billy.bronco11/09/2019 20:56

And don't forget the main thing to become a success is tax fraud..these …And don't forget the main thing to become a success is tax fraud..these companies maybe big but in reality you have to do dodgy dealings to become succesful.

It's not tax fraud. But it's LEGAL TAX SAVING LOOP HOLE, design for COMPANIES & businesses ONLY.... NOT AT ALL SUITABLE FOR EMPLOYEES.

YOU DECIDE WHERE, YOU WANT TO SEE YOURSELF !!!
singhisking6811/09/2019 21:00

It's not tax fraud. But it's LEGAL TAX SAVING LOOP HOLE, design for …It's not tax fraud. But it's LEGAL TAX SAVING LOOP HOLE, design for COMPANIES & businesses ONLY.... NOT AT ALL SUITABLE FOR EMPLOYEES.YOU DECIDE WHERE, YOU WANT TO SEE YOURSELF !!!

Disguise it as you may, " legal tax saving loophole" lol, morally it's wrong..but these loopholes should be closed..government wont close the loopholes cos they corrupt themselves.. look at the expenses scandal in the last few years and that's the tip of the iceberg..goes much higher where big money is involved. That's my opinion anyway..
Edited by: "billy.bronco" 11th Sep
Bare in mind, applying for Carphone does mean you need to have at least 3 days off at a certain period to go to Birmingham and do FCA training at fort Dunlop, all expenses paid for plus your paid to go up there.
@goonertillidie Thanks for taking the time to do this
Sainsburys has mince pies already !
This is great, I have always wanted to work a Christmas temp job. I always get into that spirit and dont mind working a second job just to use every penny on extra toys for the kids to open on the 25th.
irondemi11/09/2019 15:54

I know that my opinion is not relevant for anyone. But I just want to give …I know that my opinion is not relevant for anyone. But I just want to give some advice to you guys, If you have an opportunity not to work, take your time. Money comes and goes away, but the moments spent with your family and friends will stay forever with you. Especially If you are young, you may think that everything is permanent, but it's not like this, you never know when it is the last time you say goodbye to someone you love.

You can't spend all your time with the family. Get a job and you still have so much more time to spend with your loved ones, not only can you spend your time with them but maybe spend some hard earn cash taking them out or buying them a present. It all has to balance out
Worked as a Christmas temp in GAME many years back - Was great fun socially and met a lot of people.
Then it collapsed and went into administration in 2012, got bought up again, and I've heard it's not as "fun" as it used to be.

They used to have a 10-day returns policy on games and consoles, you could just play a game or console for the weekend, and then return it for a refund. This basically meant that the chances of getting a disgruntled customer were near zero.
You can see where all the christmas presents are bought
johnsmith199711/09/2019 11:46

....if can't then be a bike courier for deliveroo,uber eats,dhl,fed ex …....if can't then be a bike courier for deliveroo,uber eats,dhl,fed ex etc..unless you can't ride a bike. ....failing that be the person delivering flyers,menus etc..unless you can't walk.

Being riddled with arthritis and a bunch of other incurable bs conditions means cycling and long bouts of walking are out of just end up in A and E . And can't 'just learn to drive' cos half blind . 🤷🤷
guru40412/09/2019 19:38

Worked as a Christmas temp in GAME many years back - Was great fun …Worked as a Christmas temp in GAME many years back - Was great fun socially and met a lot of people.Then it collapsed and went into administration in 2012, got bought up again, and I've heard it's not as "fun" as it used to be.They used to have a 10-day returns policy on games and consoles, you could just play a game or console for the weekend, and then return it for a refund. This basically meant that the chances of getting a disgruntled customer were near zero.

Probably had a lot to do with why it collapsed lol
Just got a card from Royal Mail

38459643-vvAWx.jpg
Probably worth looking at your local ALDI stores too. They pay well for supermarket work.

They were getting £20 an hour bank holiday Monday the guy in my local store told me.
guru40414/09/2019 13:10

Probably worth looking at your local ALDI stores too. They pay well for …Probably worth looking at your local ALDI stores too. They pay well for supermarket work. They were getting £20 an hour bank holiday Monday the guy in my local store told me.

Most important working with Aldi is you get to wear one of them bluetooth speaker/ear piece things; so you can imagine you're actually a popstar on stage,rather than someone stacking shelves!!!!
johnsmith199714/09/2019 18:14

Most important working with Aldi is you get to wear one of them bluetooth …Most important working with Aldi is you get to wear one of them bluetooth speaker/ear piece things; so you can imagine you're actually a popstar on stage,rather than someone stacking shelves!!!!

They have started wearing them in Superdrug too

But yeh. I've walked passed a few of them in the store having a jolly good conversation about what they did over the weekend.
Edited by: "guru404" 14th Sep
guru40414/09/2019 18:16

They have started wearing them in Superdrug too But yeh. I've walked …They have started wearing them in Superdrug too But yeh. I've walked passed a few of them in the store having a jolly good conversation about what they did over the weekend.

X factor contestant.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants